1. Please list your email address and/or your reddit username at which you can be contacted.
firstname.lastname@example.org / cjcow56
2. Before continuing, please thoroughly read the coaching course and feel free to ask questions. Confirm that you have read the coaching course by writing "Confirmed" below.
3. What team do you want to coach?
4. Please select two backup teams (in descending order of preference) in case your first choice is unavailable.
5. In three or more sentences, tell us a little about yourself. How old are you, what do you do, where are you from, why would you be a good fit here, etc.
I'm a 21-year-old college student at UNC, studying sports journalism and trading good grades for losing seasons in text sims. I was born and raised in Pac-12 (or, rather, Pac-10) country, with one parent an Oregon alum and a sibling from Oregon State. I've spent too many hours of my life toiling away in recruiting interfaces to just find out about this site, but I'm blown away at the depth and opportunity it provides. The investment of becoming a head coach really excites me, and I can't wait to be involved with this community.
6. This site can be as time consuming as you want it to be. Weekly duties can be completed in 30 minutes or less, however interacting with your fellow players throughout the week makes it more enjoyable for most people. Approximately, how much free time do you have during a typical week?
I can devote hours per week in the home stretch of my college career, and (counterintuitively) I'll have even more time when I graduate. I'll always commit to my team being prepared for the week, and I'm looking forward to being involved far beyond that.
7. Losing games is an inevitable reality on this site, especially when accepting newer teams. Do you believe you can handle losing? Disappointment is expected, however we have had issues with people freaking out, and even leaving the site because of losing.
What's the fun in winning without the pain of losing? I eagerly await both.
8. How did you find out about this site? If recommended by a friend, please post his/her username.
Furious searching for "text sim recruiting" and a Reddit link. Praise be.
Thanks for consideration. I cannot wait to get started.