1. Please list your email address and/or your reddit username at which you can be contacted.
2. Before continuing, please thoroughly read the coaching course and feel free to ask questions. Confirm that you have read the coaching course by writing "Confirmed" below.
3. What team do you want to coach?
After much deliberation, and some persuading by Kirby in the shoutbox, Utah State.
4. Please select two backup teams (in descending order of preference) in case your first choice is unavailable.
Second choice: Miami (OH)
Third choice: Bowling Green
5. In three or more sentences, tell us a little about yourself. How old are you, what do you do, where are you from, why would you be a good fit here, etc.
My name is Mike and I'm a 23 year old recent Michigan State grad. I've noticed a few fellow Spartans while browsing the site, which is always great to see! I worked at a small advertising company straight out of college but have been fortunate enough to sustain myself through my own business ventures for the past year. I love everything about college football and can't wait for the season to start here in a few weeks. I stumbled upon the site entirely by accident but it's extremely compelling and I love how in depth everything is. I look forward to learning the ins and outs of how everything works and hope you don't mind my elementary-level questions in the Shoutbox from time to time.
6. This site can be as time consuming as you want it to be. Weekly duties can be completed in 30 minutes or less, however interacting with your fellow players throughout the week makes it more enjoyable for most people. Approximately, how much free time do you have during a typical week?
About 90% of the work that I do is online-based so I should be able to have a browser up nearly all of the time.
7. Losing games is an inevitable reality on this site, especially when accepting newer teams. Do you believe you can handle losing? Disappointment is expected, however we have had issues with people freaking out, and even leaving the site because of losing.
Absolutely can handle losing. I sat through the thrilling 7-6 loss to Oregon in Michigan State's 2018 Redbox Bowl appearance so I don't think any simulation results can tilt me harder than that.
8. How did you find out about this site? If recommended by a friend, please post his/her username.
I was searching for college football recruiting games or simulations and stumbled upon a Reddit thread that mentioned this site in the comments. Decided to read up on everything and very glad I did.
P.S. I've only been here for a couple hours but everyone in the Shoutbox has been beyond helpful and very welcoming. I appreciate the enthusiasm from the community members and look forward to giving back when I'm in a position to do so. Thank you.