- OLine looked great. Replaced our best player so this is nice.
- Delmas is still a weapon in the slot
- Simmons could be something
- My defense is gonna fuck. They got blown out last year by the same gameplan and this year managed to dominate. I feel really good about it.
- 3 sacks from my DL in a 3-4 vs a Scrambler. Either my secondary showed zero holes or Siegel and Wallace are monsters. Both most likely.
- Blue's offense was almost entirely true freshman who will redshirt.
- In-coming kicker can kick!
- Both QBs made the rushing list, pushing off my rotational RB. This is unfortunate, but not a deal breaker. I bet this means my 1st team offense didnt see a lot of 3rd down rushes. Not sure what the backups issue was, but I started 3 freshman in that backfield and one scored. It's the RB I'm the most excited about (I recruited two 4.5s because I just couldn't decide) and would likely naturally favor anyway, but I'm a bit sad to see the power guy didn't make the sheet.
- Orange's passing game still needs work. Again, I think my defense played a part in it, but we still need to make adjustments. This offense dumpstered the same defense last spring, but I made some adjustments on defense that I learned post our Oklahoma beatdown.
- Primary defense got sacks by DL, not OLBs like you expect in a 3-4.
- Blue got a lot of TFL, so something needs to change in the backfield.
- #1 Defense is good. Barring another injury to our FS, like last year, we should be even better than last year. I feel good about the chemistry in the secondary and the power up front. Those 6 tackles for losses and 3 sacks against a 5.2 OL rating is super encouraging, suggesting that (while those sacks are more on my gameplan) they were consistently winning their battles against a good offensive line. Oakes headling the stat sheet as a redshirt freshman makes me feel pretty good about my LOLB/ROLB Sam/Jack experiment. I'd definitely like to see more sacks out of my OLBs, but tbf my LT is a 5/5 Pass Blocker so I can see a 4.5/4.5 struggling. (So at least our offense won that battle?)
- Offense will be fine. We've made some changes to our offense with the new gameplans. We should continue to see rushes out of Sherman, but I expect Delmas to make stat sheets as an RB as well.
- This incoming class is gonna be good. A lot of the names you may not recognize on Orange's Defense and Blue's Offense are gonna be the stars in 2-3 years. Shoutout to Kicker Elias Smallwood going 4 for 4 between 35 and 42. And veteran Punter Angelo McCollum holds onto his job for his senior season! Did it help he was playing with the #1 offense and saw far less FG attempts? Probably.
- 22 yard field goals means the defense slammed the door shut on the goal line. #WhereTitlesAreWon. Might be the best case loss for the offense, tho. Means they still drove down the field on a good defense. I'm 10x happier with my offense having seen how short that FG was.