FLAG BEARERS

As the CFBHC season rolls near, it's the Michigan Wolverines led by Head Coach jmjacobs who grab the top spot in the preseason AP poll. Will they remain at the top? Or fall to an unlikely upset?

FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH

Patriots QB Darren Werner gave us a little blast from the past when he threw for 475 yards and 5 touchdowns against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in preseason week 2.

IT'S CROOTIN SEASON

Along with the CFBHC season comes CROOTIN! Time to think, and think and think, and maybe overthink your strategies and then get beat out by Penn State on all of your favorite croots.

ALL HAIL MCQUEEN?

Detroit Lions rookie CB Kevin McQueen has made some noise early in the preseason, recording an interception in both games so far. Have the Lions finally found Keyshawn Thompson a running mate?

HOCKEY COME BACK, WE CAN MAKE IT UP TO YOU

NHLHC fans take to the stands during the NFLHC preseason to beg for an end on the NHLHC Lockout and a return to the ice.
    Chatbox -
    Darman (28024) . Rome (28021) . Soluna (22973) . stormstopper (17520) . npklemm (15651) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    pizzarolls

pizzarolls

1. Please list your email address and/or your reddit username at which you can be contacted.
    email: timothyjamesbryan@hotmail.com  - preferred 

reddit: cheesincrackers

2. Before continuing, please thoroughly read the coaching course and feel free to ask questions. Confirm that you have read the coaching course by writing "Confirmed" below.
    Confirmed

3. What team do you want to coach?
    North Texas Mean Green

4. Please select two backup teams (in descending order of preference) in case your first choice is unavailable.
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Tulsa Golden Hurricanes

5. In three or more sentences, tell us a little about yourself. How old are you, what do you do, where are you from, why would you be a good fit here, etc.
    My name is Tim, I'm 28 years old and work in Dallas as a Front Office Manager of a Hilton property. I am from Oklahoma but I actually live in Denton, TX and have for the last six years. I moved to Denton to go to University of North Texas but ended up never going. My wife is a junior at UNT  though and we live basically on campus, walking distance to all of her classes. The atmosphere is fantastic in Denton and for a team that doesn't always do well they are big football fans. I met Dan McCarney a few times and feel like I could do a better job as his successor. We also housed a lot of the Apogee guys, that funded their new stadium, on home game nights at the hotel I used to work at. Not that it matters in the decision or anything, playing a 'sometimes it's who you know.' card there. I am very interested in being a part of this community and look forward to my first head coaching role, hopefully at North Texas.  

6. This site can be as time consuming as you want it to be. Weekly duties can be completed in 30 minutes or less, however interacting with your fellow players throughout the week makes it more enjoyable for most people. Approximately, how much free time do you have during a typical week?
    I work in an industry that allows me some leisure time on the clock in front of a computer. Most of my job is in front of a computer actually. The site is not blocked by our administrator so I will have time to be apart of discussions and posts on the forum while at work and away from work. I have a 10 month old baby boy so I don't do much away from home outside of going to work. I quit playing MMO's or any kind of game that I can't pause due to the baby's need and my naggy wife. I've been looking for something like this for awhile and I'm glad that I found it. I have to look for one arm games to play mostly, I've put about 1000 hours into Football Manager 16 already haha. Looking forward to getting into some Texas college football. 

7. Losing games is an inevitable reality on this site, especially when accepting newer teams. Do you believe you can handle losing? Disappointment is expected, however we have had issues with people freaking out, and even leaving the site because of losing.
    As a North Texas fan you can count on me to find positives in a loss. It's not like we've had a history of silverware like some teams. It's all about building for the future, greener fields next year. I don't expect to be a successful program until long after my first couple freshman classes have dropped out, washed out or graduated, given up on their dreams accepted an overnight supervisor position at a local gas station in town. 

8. How did you find out about this site? If recommended by a friend, please post his/her username.
    I saw it on a post in reddit searching for a game like this. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2kgton/best_football_manager_mmo/\

The post is from about a year ago but you could credit taffyowner as he's the one that plugged http://cfbhc.com

Thank you for the opportunity! 

You're approved for North Texas!

• Go here and make a new thread entitled "North Texas Mean Green". Feel free to decorate it with pictures and stats of your team. Soluna will post your roster into that thread when he gets time. 
    • The regular season just ended, and North Texas is 3-9. No need to rush these steps.
    • Go here and create an account with the same username, this is where gameplaning, scheduling, and recruiting happens.
    • If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments don't hesitate to PM or ask in the shout box (chat on the tab)
    Welcome to the greatest conference in America!

You're approved for North Texas!

• Go here and make a new thread entitled "North Texas Mean Green". Feel free to decorate it with pictures and stats of your team. Soluna will post your roster into that thread when he gets time. 
    • The regular season just ended, and North Texas is 3-9. No need to rush these steps.
    • Go here and create an account with the same username, this is where gameplaning, scheduling, and recruiting happens.
    • If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments don't hesitate to PM or ask in the shout box (chat on the tab)
    Welcome to the greatest conference in America!

Thanks guys! 

North Texas Mean Green thread is posted, 

I have registered as pizzarolls http://cfbhc.herokuapp.com/ 

Looking forward to getting started. 

Finally another Oklahoman!

Yeah but he moved to Texas does that count?

I'm originally from Durant, so I've always been right on the border anyways. We had to drive to Texas to do anything fun, like get beer. Was raised an OKState fan! Been pokin' since 88'.