WE ARE...CHAMPIONS

Penn State goes back to back and defends their National Championship in an explosive 44-23 match up against UCF

BOWMAN THE SHOWMAN

Rookie QB Tanner Bowman kicked off the NFLHC preseason with a very solid showing against the Rams on Thursday Night. Though it was against backups, the Redskin faithful have something to be hopeful about.

ON A JUMBO JET TO CALI

Former Pittsburgh Head Coach Jumbo was officially named the new Head Coach of the University of Southern California Trojans following iliveinadreamatorium's departure from the university.

PRESEASON PROBLEMS

The preseason game between the Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals was cancelled after Cincinnati failed to report their depth chart to league officials. Sources within the organization revealed the team may not have had a gameplan ready as well.
    Chatbox -
    Darman (27773) . Rome (27764) . Soluna (22759) . stormstopper (17504) . npklemm (15549) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    pizzarolls

North Texas Mean Green announce new HC

Scrappy_0017.jpeg

North Texas has reportedly filled its coaching vacancy, tapping unproven, unknown, 28 year old, pizzarolls, according to ESPN's Brett McMurphy. rolls replaces Taborfan20, in hopes to eventually bring some form of silverware and glory to Denton, realistically, before the 2030 season.

He will have a challenge on his hands at North Texas, though. The last coach to leave Denton with a winning record was Hayden Fry in the mid-1970s, and the 3-9 Mean Green finished close to the bottom of Conference USA in the F/+ rankings this year. It's going to be a big rebuild, but the abundance of Texas high school talent that plays in some form of spread offense could help fuel the turnaround.

After being formally introduced as the head coach, this is what pizzarolls had to say about his plans for the offseason and future rebuild, “Well, it’s not going to be easy, we all know that. I don’t need to tell you that. What I am here to tell you is it’s time for a change. UNT is more than a party school for geeky nerd music kids. We are here to play Texas football. We built a stadium in 2011 that seats 30,850 Mean Greeners and they need a better reason to get behind us than the booze ridden after party debauchery on campus after home games. Give me some time and we’ll have a blue chip offense, backed by like, i don't know, maybe a 3-3-stack bulwark. We’ll turn Apogee stadium into a got’damn 80AD Flavian Amphitheatre. I’m getting’ a hard on just thinkin’ about it.”

The press room was rather empty but Mr. rolls stuck around for awhile answering questions and taking advice. 

"UNT is more than a party school for geeky nerd music kids."

Clearly you have not been to Denton

I actually live in Denton, a lot of hipsters on my side of the square. They're not so bad though. 

What do you think of other coaches in the conference?

Haven't had a chance to acquaint myself with them yet. Looking forward to meeting them all. Anyone I should look out for? 

Hey, I take geeky and nerdy as compliments, thank you very much  :P

How do you realistically expect to take UNT to the top of the conference with teams like Rice and UAB doing well in recruiting? 

My wife and I belong in that group as well. Just fronting cause I'm a head coach now. 

Controlled growth is the plan, It's a small market and we aren't the most popular stop for recruits. I hope to be here for a long time and if I am it means we've progressively improved with each game and each season. It's hard to start close to the bottom and dream for the top and I know that it is not something that will happen quick  I hope to make good decisions and with a little luck, land some recruits that I can build a future with. 

People like pizzarolls better than rice. 

I like this guy. Welcome aboard. If you need any help with anything, make sure to avoid Deandean and head straight to your nearest B1G G5 coach. Well, you should probably skip inspiral, too. 

Welcome!

FTFY