Éireannach Go Bragh

Notre Dame pulls off the first big upset of the season, defeating #14 Michigan by 10 points.

Luck of the Aggies

Former TCU QB Felix Luck is now a member of the UC Davis Aggies, thanks to the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

Place Your Bets!

The Betting Market is now open, place your bets for a selection of weekly games with some prop bets, such as Super Bowl odds.
Soluna

Strava

Anyone use Strava for Cycling or Running?

Let me know and I'll add you - motivation is always good!

I use it for running!  It's a great motivational tool. 

I use to use it for running. I might re-download it. 

I've been using RunKeeper, but I'll give this a try

I should create a CFBHC Club. Hold on.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/207684

Send me a PM with your Strava and I'll invite you to join. This might be pretty cool and help keep everyone motivated!

I'm bumping this since so many people have been interested in joining. Join up!

Last Weeks Top 3 that receive points:

1. @smackemz with 5:20:32 total exercise time. (500 Points!)
  2. @Soluna with 2:17:24 total exercise time. (400 Points!)
  3. @npklemm with 1:43:26 total exercise time. (300 Points!)
  4. Went over 1 hour total exercise time for the week: @grv413 (100 Points!)

12 hours ago, Soluna said:

Last Weeks Top 3 that receive points:

1. @smackemz with 5:20:32 total exercise time. (500 Points!)
  2. @Soluna with 2:17:24 total exercise time. (400 Points!)
  3. @npklemm with 1:43:26 total exercise time. (300 Points!)
  4. Went over 1 hour total exercise time for the week: @grv413 (100 Points!)

I'm gonna have to pick up my exercise!! I didn't know points were on the line!

1 minute ago, grv413 said:

I'm gonna have to pick up my exercise!! I didn't know points were on the line!

For real, I need to get back into uploading my runs

3 minutes ago, Kremit said:

For real, I need to get back into uploading my runs

I was already planning on upping my running this week (was trying to get more into running and didn't want to burn out) but now I'm gonna have to run longer! I don't have a bike, so I am at a bit of a disadvantage, but I have gym stationary bikes I can use as well. This is gonna be a fun way to get in better shape.

15 minutes ago, grv413 said:

I was already planning on upping my running this week (was trying to get more into running and didn't want to burn out) but now I'm gonna have to run longer! I don't have a bike, so I am at a bit of a disadvantage, but I have gym stationary bikes I can use as well. This is gonna be a fun way to get in better shape.

I'm also training for a November marathon.. lol

3 minutes ago, smackemz said:

I'm also training for a November marathon.. lol

I saw you run 13.1 the other day (when it was hot as the devil's asshole outside). I was pretty impressed not gonna lie. I ran 3 today and thought I was gonna die and it was about 10 degrees cooler than when you ran 13.1

12 minutes ago, grv413 said:

I saw you run 13.1 the other day (when it was hot as the devil's asshole outside). I was pretty impressed not gonna lie. I ran 3 today and thought I was gonna die and it was about 10 degrees cooler than when you ran 13.1

The last 2 miles were rough.. Luckily starting Wednesday it's supposed to return to normal Summer and get away from devil's asshole weather.  

7 minutes ago, smackemz said:

The last 2 miles were rough.. Luckily starting Wednesday it's supposed to return to normal Summer and get away from devil's asshole weather.  

We're gonna have a good day tomorrow (like high 70s) so I'm gonna try to get in a 3.5/4 miler. I was trying to go every other day just to get myself back into the swing of things, but I think I'm gonna transition to 2 on, 1 off for the next two weeks, then follow an actual half marathon training program when I'm in actual running shape.

4 minutes ago, grv413 said:

We're gonna have a good day tomorrow (like high 70s) so I'm gonna try to get in a 3.5/4 miler. I was trying to go every other day just to get myself back into the swing of things, but I think I'm gonna transition to 2 on, 1 off for the next two weeks, then follow an actual half marathon training program when I'm in actual running shape.

Sounds like a smart plan.  

5 minutes ago, smackemz said:

Sounds like a smart plan.  

Do you think mid way through August  to November is a long enough timeline to get in shape for the half? I'm worried it's a little too short of a time

48 minutes ago, grv413 said:

Do you think mid way through August  to November is a long enough timeline to get in shape for the half? I'm worried it's a little too short of a time

I trained from running 2 miles to a marathon in 4 months when I was in college.  So I would think 2 1/2 months for a half would be doable

52 minutes ago, grv413 said:

If you're doing a mid-November run I think it's doable.  Especially if you're building up your mileage prior to mid-August.  That gives you about 12 weeks and I think as long as you're doing your long runs on the weekend consistently you would make it fine.  

11 minutes ago, smackemz said:

If you're doing a mid-November run I think it's doable.  Especially if you're building up your mileage prior to mid-August.  That gives you about 12 weeks and I think as long as you're doing your long runs on the weekend consistently you would make it fine.  

15 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

I trained from running 2 miles to a marathon in 4 months when I was in college.  So I would think 2 1/2 months for a half would be doable

Gotcha thanks guys, I'm just nervous as the only competitive race I've run is a 5k and the farthest I've gone in one go is probably 6 miles. I've just really liked how actually having a foreseeable goal to move forward towards has completely changed how I view running (it has actually made me want to train and get better) and it's making me feel much better, so I don't want to change up with what I've been doing.

11 minutes ago, grv413 said:

Gotcha thanks guys, I'm just nervous as the only competitive race I've run is a 5k and the farthest I've gone in one go is probably 6 miles. I've just really liked how actually having a foreseeable goal to move forward towards has completely changed how I view running (it has actually made me want to train and get better) and it's making me feel much better, so I don't want to change up with what I've been doing.

Half Marathons are my favorite race to run.  It feels like an accomplishment because of the length, but the time required for training is manageable.  I've probably run 15 of them over the past 5 years, so let me know if you ever need any advice!  

5 minutes ago, smackemz said:

Half Marathons are my favorite race to run.  It feels like an accomplishment because of the length, but the time required for training is manageable.  I've probably run 15 of them over the past 5 years, so let me know if you ever need any advice!  

Have you done a full marathon? (probably a dumb question because you definitely have) I'm thinking if the half goes well I might shoot to run a full come next fall. There are some in the spring, but running in the winter bothers my asthma worse than running in the summer and I don't want to go into a race mainly training on a treadmill because I hate running on the treadmill, bothers my knees.

I'm trying to do Seattle to Portland in the next 2-3 years, it's 200 miles via bike.

1 hour ago, grv413 said:

Prior to beginning my marathon training I had never run longer than 5K before