WE ARE...CHAMPIONS

Penn State goes back to back and defends their National Championship in an explosive 44-23 match up against UCF

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

As the college season comes to a close, NFLHC front offices prepare themselves for the draft. Who's going to make their mark?

ROUND AND ROUND IT GOES

Where it stops? No one knows. CFBHC offseason can only mean one thing. It's time for the coaching carousel! Will inspiral stay at Purdue? Who will take USC? Which coach will leave, then come back to a different team, but then switch back to their original team? It could be you!
Fox Sports

[2019] NFC Championship

:49ers: San Francisco 49ers (13-5) at :eagles: Philadelphia Eagles (13-4)

Spoiler

San Francisco 49ers (13-5) at Philadelphia Eagles (13-4)

Philadelphia, PA - 39 F :windy:

First Quarter

:eagles: Mark Kirschbaum, 20 yd FG - 4:35 (0-3)

:49ers: Troy McCray, 43 yd TD run - 0:22 (7-3)

Second Quarter

:eagles: Mark Kirschbaum, missed 43 yd FG - 10:50
:49ers: Paul McGowan, 35 yd FG - 2:49 (10-3)
:eagles: Mark Kirschbaum, 48 yd FG - 0:00 (10-6)

Third Quarter

:eagles: Mark Kirschbaum, 30 yd FG - 12:23 (10-9)
:49ers: Todd Lester to Ben Thomas, 11 yd TD pass - 8:56 (17-9)
:49ers: Josh Holland, 73 yd INT return for TD - 6:00 (24-9)

:eagles: Allan Taylor to Christopher Johnson, 6 yd TD pass - 0:59 (24-16)

Fourth Quarter

:49ers: Paul McGowan, 27 yd FG - 12:20 (27-16)
:eagles: Mark Kirschbaum, 35 yd FG - 4:39 (27-19)
:eagles: Allan Taylor to Michael Hawkins, 35 yd TD pass - 0:28 (27-25) - TWO POINT CONVERSION IS NO GOOD

FINAL SCORE: San Francisco 27-25 Philadelphia

Passing Leaders

Todd Lester, SF, 23 of 34 for 290 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
  Allan Taylor, PHI, 17 of 22 for 290 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Rushing Leaders

Troy McCray, SF, 21 for 99 yards, 1 TD
Todd Lester, SF, 7 for 51 yards, 0 TD
  Troy White, PHI, 19 for 59 yards, 0 TD
Bryan Davis, PHI, 7 for 14 yards, 0 TD
Allan Taylor, PHI, 3 for 11 yards, 0 TD

Receiving Leaders

Kevin Branch, SF, 7 for 103 yards, 0 TD
Jarius Shaw-Dodd, SF, 5 for 68 yards, 0 TD
Ben Thomas, SF, 3 for 44 yards, 1 TD
Miles Collins, SF, 4 for 39 yards, 0 TD
  Michael Hawkins, PHI, 4 for 89 yards, 1 TD
Christopher Johnson, PHI, 4 for 50 yards, 1 TD
Cameron Whelahan, PHI, 3 for 38 yards, 0 TD
Scott Brown, PHI, 2 for 23 yards, 0 TD

Defensive Leaders

Josh Holland, SF, 1 INT, 2 Tackles, 1 TD
Chris Reed, SF, 1 Sack, 6 Tackles
Harold Kennedy, SF, 1 Sack, 5 Tackles
Daleroy Smart, SF, 8 Tackles
Rodrick Milligan, PHI, 8 Tackles
Donald Collier, PHI, 6 Tackles
Tim Kassell, PHI, 5 Tackles
David Drake, PHI, 4 Tackles

Injuries

No Major Injuries
No Major Injuries

Offensive Line Rating

Punting

3rd Down Efficiency

5-13
3-15

4th Down Efficiency

0-0
0-1

Penalties

10-63
8-50

6 minutes ago, Yellow_Evan said:

Memeber when people use to shit on the 49ers for their rookie safeties? I member

To be fair their rookie safeties are not good. Not really sure why your comment is even relevant. They 100% did not win because of their safeties.

They face a team that only has one thing that isn't a short run, a deep thread with Michael Hawkins... who got a 35 yard TD against their safety. This explains why you aren't a coach tbh.

3 minutes ago, Soluna said:

To be fair their rookie safeties are not good. Not really sure why your comment is even relevant. They 100% did not win because of their safeties.

They face a team that only has one thing that isn't a short run, a deep thread with Michael Hawkins... who got a 35 yard TD against their safety. This explains why you aren't a coach tbh.

Hmmmm... their safeties aren't good you say? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, stormstopper said:

Josh Holland, the rookie nickelback out of Arizona, coming up with the biggest play of his life.

We took this guy in the 5th round this year, even though CB wasn't a particularly big need for us. I think I remember Soluna saying he was really fast after the pick and it made me feel even better about the pick. Harold Kennedy, an OLB we took in the 7th this year, also got a sack today. Miles Collins, the receiver we took in the 3rd round, won our game against the Rams in OT with his return skills. My point is that we have a lot of young guys making plays and, without them, I don't think we would've made it this far. Very happy with our staff's draft preparation and the wonderfully-timed luck we have been granted.

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Hmmmm... their safeties aren't good you say? :ph34r:

It's pretty obvious to me that by running at the 49ers DEs and throwing at their safeties you can easily put up like 35. I think the harder thing is containing their weird offense.

It's pretty obvious to me that by running at the 49ers DEs and throwing at their safeties you can easily put up like 35. I think the harder thing is containing their weird offense.

That was exactly my gameplan... :(

7 minutes ago, Jumanji said:

Let's transition into the obvious weaknesses of the Jets and then go around the room, having each person stating how they would defeat the Jets pls.

I would personally play a goal line defense against beast runningback Emmanuel Fields and run directly at Alvis Brumm

7 minutes ago, Jumanji said:

Let's transition into the obvious weaknesses of the Jets and then go around the room, having each person stating how they would defeat the Jets pls.

I would rig the PA system to periodically blast "WEGRETS" to plunge them into a continued state of melancholy.

4 minutes ago, Jumanji said:

Wegert is turnover prone, their run defense isn't that good.  Pretty good corners, mediocre safeties, decent linebackers.  They are pretty balanced defensively. 

To beat the Jets I'd do the opposite of what Imposter said above me.

Play the pass (defensively) - and force Wegert to make his mistakes

Play the run (offensively) - run laterally and don't throw at their corners

I mean mine was 100% sarcastic :D

19 minutes ago, Broletariat said:

Was not expecting this team to lose to the Niners in the end

Perhaps I'm taking this the wrong way, but did you expect this to be an easy win for you guys or something? We lost to you on the road by 10 with our backup QB on Week 14. I thought we were pretty evenly matched and the game could've gone either way. AT threw the ball really well, but White and Davis were just terrible. Our defense was able to step up and make the plays when we needed them to (the pick-six and 2pt stop). Regardless, good game. It could have been you guys moving on just as easily.

1 hour ago, Broletariat said:

Well, we had an amazing run, and AT is worth every cent and every pick, but all things must end :(

Was not expecting this team to lose to the Niners in the end, but hey, we beat the Giants three times this season so that takes the sting out.

I think the Niners are just really sneaky good. They (IMO) quietly had a very balanced team. Top 10 offense and defense. Not many Pro-Bowlers but lots of players that can make a big play and contribute on both sides of the ball. We all knew about their speedy offense, but what's more impressive to me is how good their "bend-but-not-break" defense has been this season. Job well done with both personnel and coaching.

And yes, losing one game short of the big game sucks, but 7-0 against the G-Men makes me feel much better.