CBS Sports

[2019] Super Bowl VI

29 posts in this topic

Super Bowl VI

New York Jets (14-5) vs San Francisco 49ers (14-5)

Oakland, CA - 57 F :sunny:

First Quarter

:49ers: Paul McGowan, missed 48 yd FG - 10:30
:jets: Chris Hoag, 44 yd FG - 3:05 (3-0)
:jets: Zion Adakwa, fumble recovery - 1:47

Second Quarter

:jets: Erik Wegert to Paul Howell, 50 yd TD pass - 14:29 (10-0)
:49ers: Paul McGowan, 25 yd FG - 4:28 (10-3)
:49ers: Keith Wells, INT return for 4 yards - 3:29
:49ers: Paul McGowan, 33 yd FG - 0:29 (10-6)

Third Quarter

:jets: Erik Wegert to Paul Howell, 28 yd TD pass - 12:00 (17-6)
:49ers: Todd Lester to Hugh Warren, 7 yd TD pass - 8:21 (17-13)
:jets: Erik Wegert to Matt Stone, 8 yd TD pass - 3:50 (24-13)
:49ers: Todd Lester to Kevin Branch, 35 yd TD pass - 0:38 (24-20)

Fourth Quarter

:49ers: Bill Young, fumble recovery - 13:21
:jets: Marques Warner, INT return for 6 yards - 12:21
:jets: Chris Hoag, 31 yd FG - 8:59 (27-20)
:49ers: Paul McGowan, 38 yd FG - 3:40 (27-23)
:49ers: Todd Lester to Jarius Shaw-Dodd, 18 yd TD pass - 0:43 (27-30)

FINAL SCORE: New York Jets 27-30 San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl VI MVP: Todd Lester, QB, San Francisco 49ers

Passing Leaders

Erik Wegert, NYJ, 24 of 32 for 390 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
Todd Lester, SF, 22 of 30 for 308 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Rushing Leaders

Emmanuel Fields, NYJ, 21 for 98 yards, 0 TD, 1 FUM
Troy McCray, SF, 23 for 78 yards, 0 TD, 1 FUM
Todd Lester, SF, 6 for 40 yards, 0 TD

Receiving Leaders

Paul Howell, NYJ, 7 for 139 yards, 2 TD
Charlie Paul, NYJ, 3 for 68 yards, 0 TD
Matt Stone, NYJ, 5 for 52 yards, 1 TD
Ken Brown, NYJ, 2 for 34 yards, 0 TD
  Kevin Branch, SF, 6 for 99 yards, 1 TD
Jarius Shaw-Dodd, SF, 5 for 82 yards, 1 TD
Ben Thomas, SF, 4 for 51 yards, 0 TD
Hugh Warren, SF, 2 for 20 yards, 1 TD

Defensive Leaders

Marques Warner, NYJ, 1 INT, 3 Tackles
ZIon Adakwa, NYJ, 1 FF, 1 FR, 8 Tackles
Bob Ballard, NYJ, 0.5 Sacks, 4 Tackles
Kwazi Robb, NYJ, 0.5 Sacks, 4 Tackles
  Keith Wells, SF, 1 INT, 2 Tackles
Bill Young, SF, 1 FR, 3 Tackles
Daleroy Smart, SF, 1 FF, 7 Tackles
Robert Shipp, SF, 6 Tackles

Injuries

No Major Injuries
No Major Injuries

Offensive Line Rating

Punting

3rd Down Efficiency

5-15
4-10

4th Down Efficiency

0-0
1-1

Penalties

9-68
3-15

Quasar likes this

Congrats to the 49ers, nice to see a running qb can get it done in this league still. Heck of a blueprint for this squad.

Congrats to the Jets as well. As sour as I am you guys came out of the east, being afc Champs is no easy feat. No shame in that. And I hope you enjoyed your last season on top of the east ;)

Duncan345 and LaserCats like this

1 hour ago, Jumanji said:

This will forever be my favorite moment as a member of this site. It is unfortunate that it had to come at the expense of the Jets. I love that staff and what they've done with their team over the years. Great game, you guys.

This is the perfect ending to a perfect season for us. I've talked about it in the shoutbox, but we took Lester with a plan for what we wanted this offense to become. Lester had some growing pains early, but he has turned into exactly what we'd hoped. We live and die by this man. For him to be the MVP of the biggest game we'll ever play is just...unbelievable.

I cannot tell you how many late nights I've had with Duncan over these four seasons, just going over the roster, the gameplan, the draft, and our vision. This team has undergone some staff changes over the years, but Duncan has been the constant. He's a great coach and puts a ton of work into this. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else on the site. Duncan is the reason we've been able to accomplish all of this and I love him for it. I hope this leads to him getting some much-deserved recognition around here.

I've said it before but I love my team, my staff, and everything else about this place. Thanks to all for making it such a great community to be a part of. Most of all, thanks to Soluna for making all of this possible. If it weren't for you, people like me couldn't experience great moments like this.

Reading posts like this is not just why I love this site, it's why I love sports . Seeing real or fake front offices work together with cohesion to execute their vision and system to perfection is nothing short of beauty. Congrats to you Jumanji and your staff; you've clearly earned it.

smckenz3 likes this

2 hours ago, Jumanji said:

This will forever be my favorite moment as a member of this site. It is unfortunate that it had to come at the expense of the Jets. I love that staff and what they've done with their team over the years. Great game, you guys.

This is the perfect ending to a perfect season for us. I've talked about it in the shoutbox, but we took Lester with a plan for what we wanted this offense to become. Lester had some growing pains early, but he has turned into exactly what we'd hoped. We live and die by this man. For him to be the MVP of the biggest game we'll ever play is just...unbelievable.

I cannot tell you how many late nights I've had with Duncan over these four seasons, just going over the roster, the gameplan, the draft, and our vision. This team has undergone some staff changes over the years, but Duncan has been the constant. He's a great coach and puts a ton of work into this. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else on the site. Duncan is the reason we've been able to accomplish all of this and I love him for it. I hope this leads to him getting some much-deserved recognition around here.

I've said it before but I love my team, my staff, and everything else about this place. Thanks to all for making it such a great community to be a part of. Most of all, thanks to Soluna for making all of this possible. If it weren't for you, people like me couldn't experience great moments like this.

Aww, thanks boss. GG Jets and congrats on back to back AFC Championships.

bingo415 likes this

TODD LESTER FUCK YEAH!!!

Holy shit I'm so happy right now. I remember when I was on the 49ers in their first season and we drafted my player. This is so great even though I'm no longer with them cause I coached him in his final season at Cal and I knew he could be the best.

Congrats to Todd Lester and the 49ers!

Jumanji, Duncan345 and bingo415 like this