Hail to the Lion

Penn State celebrates an East Division championship and a Land Grant Trophy win with their crushing defeat of Michigan State.

All-American: UCF cruises by USF to 12-0

UCF easily handles USF to win the East division of the AAC.
JBax

UCLA Announces Hiring of New Head Coach

Displaying uclaPressConference.png

UCLA is pleased to announce that they have hired a new head football coach to replace okoonkwoco who stepped down last week. Former Wyoming head coach JBax has been hired to lead the Bruins football team.

Although JBax has limited experience coaching at the Div I level, we believe that he is the right man for the job to lead the Bruins back to the top of the Pac-12 Conference. UCLA has had a history of hiring young, up-and-coming coaches and creating an environment for them to thrive. We believe that JBax will be the next of those young talent coaches to lead the Bruins forward.

JBax had this to say: "I am so happy to be here at UCLA. I think that there is a lot of talent on the roster and that we will be able to continue to bring in recruits from California and return UCLA to the upper tier of the Pac-12 Conference. I am excited to learn and grow with this team."

DStack - UCLA HC 2016-2018.

Congrats, I'm looking forward to seeing UCLA return to prominence. What kind of offense and defense do you anticipate installing at UCLA? How soon do you feel you can be competitive in the PAC? Do you think a bowl appearance is possible in 2020?

4 minutes ago, DStack11 said:

DStack - UCLA HC 2016-2018.

Congrats, I'm looking forward to seeing UCLA return to prominence. What kind of offense and defense do you anticipate installing at UCLA? How soon do you feel you can be competitive in the PAC? Do you think a bowl appearance is possible in 2020?

Excellent questions!

I would like to install a pass happy offense due to our talent at the QB, WR, and pass blocking OL. I'm thinking maybe West Coast over Spread as we have a good TE and our QB isn't very mobile. In the future I would like to build the program into a more balanced attack.

Defense will look to run a 4-3. We have a good group of DTs and want to utilize their strength. We need to hit the recruiting trail and bring in some more DEs as that is a position where we are thin. 

I think we can be competitive in the Pac-12 South in 2020, but it may take a couple seasons of good recruiting to catch up with the North division schools.

A bowl appearance is definitely one of our goals for the 2020 season.

32 minutes ago, okoonkwoco said:

How long can I  go without doing anything until i'm considered inactive. I didn't have a bowl game so I have no reason to be on here

Once a user goes 2 weeks without logging onto or visiting the site, they are considered inactive.

Does the interface count? Because I'm pretty sure I've been doing all the recruiting this year. It would to suck to have all that effort go to waste just because I wasn't active during bowl season.

14 hours ago, okoonkwoco said:

Does the interface count? Because I'm pretty sure I've been doing all the recruiting this year. It would to suck to have all that effort go to waste just because I wasn't active during bowl season.

No man, sorry, but they're other teams available

15 hours ago, okoonkwoco said:

I didn't have a bowl game so I have no reason to be on here

That's not an excuse, if there is nothing to do just make sure you at least log on once every two weeks to maintain your job, even if you log on and off it's still count as you being active, though I do understand where you could've been confused