jharts

jharts

21 posts in this topic

1. Please list your email address

jhartshorn77@gmail.com

2. Before continuing, please thoroughly read the coaching course and feel free to ask questions. Confirm that you have read the coaching course by writing "Confirmed" below.

confirmed

3. What team do you want to coach?

Utah State Aggies

4. Please select two backup teams (in descending order of preference) in case your first choice is unavailable.

Northern Illinois Huskies

Tulsa Golden Hurricane

5. In three or more sentences, tell us a little about yourself. How old are you, what do you do, where are you from, why would you be a good fit here, etc.

Too old to be staying up till 4am to watch my first ever SuperBowl last Sunday - but I did! From England (as you may have guessed from the 4am reference!). Only started following this superb sport 13months ago and everything else in my life seems to have been dropped for it!!

6. This site can be as time consuming as you want it to be. Weekly duties can be completed in 30 minutes or less, however interacting with your fellow players throughout the week makes it more enjoyable for most people. Approximately, how much free time do you have during a typical week?

Enough for any good game :)

7. Losing games is an inevitable reality on this site, especially when accepting newer teams. Do you believe you can handle losing? Disappointment is expected, however we have had issues with people freaking out, and even leaving the site because of losing.

New to NFL so in most online games that I play, I'm used to losing!!

8. How did you find out about this site? If recommended by a friend, please post his/her username.

bellwoodbomb611 from playing DeepRoute

After applying for a position, that conference's commissioner will send you one or two easy questions to verify that you have read the coaching course and possess a basic knowledge to how the game works.

Congratulations, You're approved for Utah State! :usu:

The 2019 CFBHC season is completed. Within the next couple of months, the 2020 season is expected to begin.

Go here and make a new thread entitled "Utah State Aggies". Feel free to decorate it with logos and pictures and team info. Soluna will post your roster into that thread when he gets time.

Next, make an account on the interface. Request for Utah State. Interface is where you will be in charge of scheduling, gameplanning, and recruiting. 

Next, politely request for the Utah State avatar in this thread

If you have any more questions, feel free to refer back to the coaching course, PMing me, or asking for help in the shoutbox

Welcome to Utah State and to the Mountain West! :mwc:

jharts likes this

29 minutes ago, jharts said:

Great thanks!

Couple of months?!! Real time???

Not in real time, waiting on progressions and then the season will start 

jharts likes this

2 hours ago, GK12303 said:

Not in real time, waiting on progressions and then the season will start 

We still have 4 weeks of NFLHC pre-season, hope there's no delays, and then usually 1 week of NFL season since there are 16 weeks of CFBHC and 17 weeks of NFLHC.

16 hours ago, Yellow_Evan said:

We still have 4 weeks of NFLHC pre-season, hope there's no delays, and then usually 1 week of NFL season since there are 16 weeks of CFBHC and 17 weeks of NFLHC.

In most online games like this there's some kind of calendar so I can see exactly what's going on. Tbh it all seems very secretive.  Can anyone post screen shots of the game or give me an indication of when i start? 

8 minutes ago, jharts said:

In most online games like this there's some kind of calendar so I can see exactly what's going on. Tbh it all seems very secretive.  Can anyone post screen shots of the game or give me an indication of when i start? 

It's not secretive you just have to be active. There isn't a set calendar for this stuff because it's not automated, it's done by hand with a schedule that is adjusted at the discretion of the owner. Just be active and ask the shoutbox for help because there'll usually be multiple people that can answer your questions.

OK I'm happy with being active and love the active forums and chat box. 

So could someone send me a few screen shots of what the game looks like? 

So I get the impression I set roster and play book them submit then he puts it in a machine to see results? 

Pretty much, yeah.  You set your depth chart on this site, gameplanning and recruiting is done on the interface, and game results also show up here.  Here's the CFBHC national championship game from last season: 

vollmagnet likes this

Thanks but that just shows a score.

Hang on, so all we get at end of game is result? No Game Log / Visualiser / Box Score / Analysis - I'm confused cos in most games like DeepRoute/MFN/RedActionZone, you get big analysis after etc.

Unless I'm otherwise mistaken (which I hope I am!), this game seems to be way ahead of it's time in terms of the forums and UI but sounds like the 1990s in terms of submitting rosters and waiting few days for a reply??

8 minutes ago, jharts said:

Thanks but that just shows a score.

Hang on, so all we get at end of game is result? No Game Log / Visualiser / Box Score / Analysis - I'm confused cos in most games like DeepRoute/MFN/RedActionZone, you get big analysis after etc.

Unless I'm otherwise mistaken (which I hope I am!), this game seems to be way ahead of it's time in terms of the forums and UI but sounds like the 1990s in terms of submitting rosters and waiting few days for a reply??

All of the stats you need are on Interface. Only a only a handful of people do a lot of work in terms of roster approval and such, and there is a lot going on at all times. Have patience.

jharts likes this

Right thanks so the 'game' is kind of on the Interface then? I need to get onto that Do I need separate login details or use same as here?

23 hours ago, believer said:

Congratulations, You're approved for Utah State! :usu:

The 2019 CFBHC season is completed. Within the next couple of months, the 2020 season is expected to begin.

Go here and make a new thread entitled "Utah State Aggies". Feel free to decorate it with logos and pictures and team info. Soluna will post your roster into that thread when he gets time.

Next, make an account on the interface. Request for Utah State. Interface is where you will be in charge of scheduling, gameplanning, and recruiting. 

Next, politely request for the Utah State avatar in this thread

If you have any more questions, feel free to refer back to the coaching course, PMing me, or asking for help in the shoutbox

Welcome to Utah State and to the Mountain West! :mwc:

I've completed all those actions. In the Interface I've requested Utah. Assume I'll just keep checking it until I get access to Gameplanning / Playbooks stuff?

1 minute ago, jharts said:

I've completed all those actions. In the Interface I've requested Utah. Assume I'll just keep checking it until I get access to Gameplanning / Playbooks stuff?

Yeah, just don't bug about it. If you do it will take longer.

haha thanks

just like an excited puppy!

it's the not knowing when I can get my hands on my team which I'm not used to on other games which is frustrating - heyho

I know the feeling, I was close to the same when I came over.  But the wait is worth it, I have a lot more fun here - I barely check on DeepRoute these days.

38 minutes ago, jharts said:

request Utah State, not utah

43 minutes ago, jharts said:

not sure how much longer Im supposed to wait??

ive done everything asked for

Just have patience, everything's going to be done as soon as soluna and inspiral have time to do them. 

right thanks

I'm just not used to this on online games - normally you get a team straight away so players can get going asap - in case they drift away to other games

I'll keep waiting

jh