WE ARE...CHAMPIONS

Penn State goes back to back and defends their National Championship in an explosive 44-23 match up against UCF

BOWMAN THE SHOWMAN

Rookie QB Tanner Bowman kicked off the NFLHC preseason with a very solid showing against the Rams on Thursday Night. Though it was against backups, the Redskin faithful have something to be hopeful about.

ON A JUMBO JET TO CALI

Former Pittsburgh Head Coach Jumbo was officially named the new Head Coach of the University of Southern California Trojans following iliveinadreamatorium's departure from the university.

PRESEASON PROBLEMS

The preseason game between the Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals was cancelled after Cincinnati failed to report their depth chart to league officials. Sources within the organization revealed the team may not have had a gameplan ready as well.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (27763) . Darman (27761) . Soluna (22756) . stormstopper (17503) . npklemm (15549) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More

266618_640.png

Because there is no blogs forum, I'm posting this in the Big 12 News Forum. This is a series following the life of one collegiate player at Baylor University. The purpose of this series is to provide additional narrative to what is Baylor Bears football. Hope you enjoy.

My parents helped me move in earlier this afternoon. My mom unpacked my clothes into one of the drawers in the small shared closet, while my dad set the mini-fridge straight in the middle of the dormitory, and propped a TV right on top of it. They asked where I wanted the rest of my things. I set my school books (which I honestly rarely opened, even now) on my desk, along with my laptop, and set my guitar case right on the side. I told them I’d make my bed, since it’d give me something to do on this summer afternoon.

My dad held up a box filled with my accolades from high school. Real nice memories too. Yet on the way to Waco, it just didn’t strike me as proper. I wanted a new beginning - something I knew I’d get by leaving Dallas behind.

“It’s just a few high school awards,” I said, pushing the box away from me. My father nodded, and kept the box under his arm.

“Well maybe when you come back and visit, you’ll find these in your room.” He told me.

I smiled, “Let’s see if the coach will even allow time off.”

After proper goodbyes, hugs, I watched as my parent’s left my dorm building and returned to their car on 5th street. My mom looked back, tears gently dripping from her eyes, as her baby boy finally grown up, now a collegiate athlete. Just like that, they drove off, returning onto I-35 back towards the big city.

I guess this is where it all begins. I made the return to my dorm on the 4th floor. They called it the Summit, for good reason. It was the smallest and highest floor in the Penland Dormitory, and the only floor limited visitation hours. I felt tricked when I realized that the registration website advertised this as the only floor with visitation hours. It didn’t matter, I guess. I was going to be over at McLane Stadium and the Practice fields for most of my time away from class. And at the time, I was one of the only few allowed to live in the dorm over the summer, because of football practice.

So I lied there on my bed, taking a nap before I could worry about practice and summer school. It took me awhile to notice, but my dad had snuck a pennant and hung it right over my bed. In green and gold, it read “Baylor Bears”, with the mascot on the very corner. I sighed, and continued my nap.

About an hour later, the door swung open and banged against the wall. I jumped up as someone hollered right in, throwing his bags onto his side of the room.

“I’M SO READY FOR THIS, WOOO!!!” He roared. He took a look at himself in a mirror that was placed on his side of the dorm, and noticed me from the right corner.

“Oh, sup man?” He turned, “I didn’t see ya there.”

“Don’t mention it,” I yawned, getting up. I was maybe about an inch or so taller than him.

“You’re the new quarterback. Caleb, right?” He asked me.

“Yeah, Caleb Olmsted.” I answered, “And you?”

He held out his hand. “Zach. Zach McHale.”

We shook hands. “I think I heard about you, aren’t you the -”

“Linebacker. Ya know, I’m so glad to finally be here!”

“Great,” I said. I got back to my napping position. “Well if you don’t mind, I’m going to take a nap before all of the orientation and welcoming.”

“Hey man, I just got here,” Zach laughed, unpacking his bags. I shut my eyes, not bothered by the noise he made while decorating his side of the dorm. He hung a large amount of Baylor regalia on his wall, along with his favorite football team - the Dallas Cowboys. I heard books thrown onto his desk, along with a few heavier objects.

“Hey Caleb, you got any room in your fridge?” He asked me, opening the mini-fridge.

I leaned my head upward. “It’s completely empty. Do what you want with it.”

“Sweet, because there’s gonna be plenty of this to help us through the summer!”

I’m not going to tell you what it was he took out of his duffel, but it wasn’t Snapple.

Nice feature Tuscan!  I was kicking around doing some sort of stories like this for my 2 recruits from the same HS that are redshirting this year.  I really miss blogs though.  My wildcat den stuff and little running features like this seem so out of place each being their own topic in the Big XII forum.  Also hate that I lost my archived Wildcat Den blogs...

4 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Nice feature Tuscan!  I was kicking around doing some sort of stories like this for my 2 recruits from the same HS that are redshirting this year.  I really miss blogs though.  My wildcat den stuff and little running features like this seem so out of place each being their own topic in the Big XII forum.  Also hate that I lost my archived Wildcat Den blogs...

Thanks Haff!

I kinda came up with this in about an hour or two today. Hopefully blogs will be a part of the site once again!

39 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

Thanks Haff!

I kinda came up with this in about an hour or two today. Hopefully blogs will be a part of the site once again!

Yeah I'm hoping so too. Otherwise I'm gonna be blowing up the Big 12 news forum this season lol.