Hail to the Lion

Penn State celebrates an East Division championship and a Land Grant Trophy win with their crushing defeat of Michigan State.

All-American: UCF cruises by USF to 12-0

UCF easily handles USF to win the East division of the AAC.
bingo415

[2020] Pre-Week 1 Power Rankings

3 hours ago, bingo415 said:

30. Buffalo Bills

IF they get some decent play from the backfield, and IF the D-line dominates like it did last season, then this is criminally low. I'm just not banking on both of those circumstances to come true.

Dat disrespect. Looking forward to proving you very, very wrong. 

30 minutes ago, Dacder said:

Really glad to see my favorite article series back for 2020!

Gotta disagree with the Chiefs though, I see them as way overhyped given the massive question marks they have right now. I also think GB is a bit underrated---but I am biased there lol.

You know, now that I have distance from it, I agree with you about both. Losing Vollmagnet is big deal for KC, and the Pack maybe just needs a little luck.

The only thing anyone has to say about the Titans is that we had injuries last year. I know we have to prove we're a better team now, but we did only lose to basically the cardinals 1st string with our 3rd string in the preseason. Oh well, more bulletin board material. 

1 hour ago, TheTodd15 said:

The only thing anyone has to say about the Titans is that we had injuries last year. I know we have to prove we're a better team now, but we did only lose to basically the cardinals 1st string with our 3rd string in the preseason. Oh well, more bulletin board material. 

Yeah, sorry. It was a little difficult to follow some of the storylines for you guys this off-season. Give me a couple things to watch for with the Titans in 2020: 

2 hours ago, TheTodd15 said:

Hey I did mention your new QB, Kevin Williams, and Tyler Jones!  Ha

16 hours ago, bingo415 said:

28. Cincinnati Bengals 

The logical progression for a team with this kind of talent is to pick up 2 wins--that would mean 6. Seems about right. 

Hey now, I'm not sure there are many teams out there who have the kind of offensive talent we do, if any...

...just don't look at the defense, k?

13 hours ago, bingo415 said:

Yeah, sorry. It was a little difficult to follow some of the storylines for you guys this off-season. Give me a couple things to watch for with the Titans in 2020: 

By points, we had the worst defense in the league last year. We expect to see a much improved pass defense with the acquisition of Alex Collins at FS, getting rid of Donald Edwards at CB--one of the worst CBs in the league per Bubada's metrics, and having rookie Jordan Harris take over at #2 CB -- who  had a good showing in preseason, fwiw. DC Vance Joseph was brought in specifically to bolster the secondary as well, our main weakness last year, aside from injuries. Staunch linebacking corp with the addition of Jackie Eaton, and the ability to run schemes better fitted to the talent we have. Also, the Tyler Jones factor. We know he is a great player and are really excited to see what he contributes-- we anticipate a much better pass rush this year. All of these factors should add up to a much improved defense which cost us most of our games last year.

On offense, the addition of Alexander Williams means more than just adding another great player. It unlocks a lot of offensive looks better suited to Chris Bell and the rest of our offense that we just couldn't run last year. A lot of our troubles on offense last year stemmed from poor line play and having to start linemen out of position. We are an offensive line driven team, and with that weakness, we just couldn't put anything together consistently. We liked what we saw out of preseason with the addition of James Redd and rookie Ian Braden on the line, who I had lobbied the Titans front office to grab in the draft. Again, we brought in Scarnecchia as OC to bring cohesiveness to the line, with the understanding that all great offenses start up front.  With that in mind, we are expecting less turnovers and a more balanced rushing attach with the emphasis we've placed on better line play. And of course, we get to watch Kevin Williams start all year, which we are all excited about. 

14 minutes ago, TheTodd15 said:

By points, we had the worst defense in the league last year. We expect to see a much improved pass defense with the acquisition of Alex Collins at FS, getting rid of Donald Edwards at CB--one of the worst CBs in the league per Bubada's metrics, and having rookie Jordan Harris take over at #2 CB -- who  had a good showing in preseason, fwiw. DC Vance Joseph was brought in specifically to bolster the secondary as well, our main weakness last year, aside from injuries. Staunch linebacking corp with the addition of Jackie Eaton, and the ability to run schemes better fitted to the talent we have. Also, the Tyler Jones factor. We know he is a great player and are really excited to see what he contributes-- we anticipate a much better pass rush this year. All of these factors should add up to a much improved defense which cost us most of our games last year.

On offense, the addition of Alexander Williams means more than just adding another great player. It unlocks a lot of offensive looks better suited to Chris Bell and the rest of our offense that we just couldn't run last year. A lot of our troubles on offense last year stemmed from poor line play and having to start linemen out of position. We are an offensive line driven team, and with that weakness, we just couldn't put anything together consistently. We liked what we saw out of preseason with the addition of James Redd and rookie Ian Braden on the line, who I had lobbied the Titans front office to grab in the draft. Again, we brought in Scarnecchia as OC to bring cohesiveness to the line, with the understanding that all great offenses start up front.  With that in mind, we are expecting less turnovers and a more balanced rushing attach with the emphasis we've placed on better line play. And of course, we get to watch Kevin Williams start all year, which we are all excited about. 

Fantastic! Titans have a great advocate in the FO!

20 hours ago, bingo415 said:

2. Oakland Raiders

I'll bite and give the Raiders the AFC top spot (sorry, Jets) simply due to the growth of Manny Spears and keeping almost everyone else (save Marvin White) together. (Good gravy, please, someone knock off the Raiders.)

He already did last year :D

Also, only #4? Wow bingo I didn't know u were such a h8er