notoriousbigej

New York Giants: The End of A Dream

9 posts in this topic

East Rutherford, New Jersey

The New York Giants are announcing they are splitting ways with General Manager iliveinadreamatorioum. After having been a member of the organization since  the 2016 season it has been increasingly clear that the Giants organization and Dream have different expectations on how the franchise should be operated. Owner Notoriousbigej will assume GM duties immediately and HC believer is secure in his position for the time being. I now open for questions.

Hi Taffyowner of The Badger Herald

Is your taking over the GM position on an interim basis or full time? If it is on an interim, when can we expect a GM search to begin?

Storm Stopper, Chicago Tribune. Outside of the specific circumstances that led to Dream's departure, do you expect any other philosophical differences to emerge in your return to the GM role? Will Dream maintain any kind of role in the organization or are all ties cut? And do you expect to hold the GM role long-term or will you look to hire one?

8 minutes ago, taffyowner said:

Hi Taffyowner of The Badger Herald

Is your taking over the GM position on an interim basis or full time? If it is on an interim, when can we expect a GM search to begin?

It is full time for now, I have zero interest in hiring a 3rd member at this time.

5 minutes ago, stormstopper said:

Storm Stopper, Chicago Tribune. Outside of the specific circumstances that led to Dream's departure, do you expect any other philosophical differences to emerge in your return to the GM role? Will Dream maintain any kind of role in the organization or are all ties cut? And do you expect to hold the GM role long-term or will you look to hire one?

I don't believe so, Dream has only been GM for a short time so the team is still largely built in my view. Additionally when I handed the official role over to him, I still had a large say in all personnel decisions. I'm leaving it up to Dream on whether or not he remains. I understand how that may not be desirable, especially with the GM and HC roles being secure for the near future.

ChicagoTed1 and believer like this

DStack, headcoach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Don't you think this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction? Don't you think you should just casually ride out Dream as GM and just kinda 'see what happens?' I certainly enjoy having GM Dream in the NFC East.

UBL, LamboThrone, Dacder and 5 others like this

3 minutes ago, DStack11 said:

DStack, headcoach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Don't you think this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction? Don't you think you should just casually ride out Dream as GM and just kinda 'see what happens?' I certainly enjoy having GM Dream in the NFC East.

I'm sure you're aware at this point of the multiple issues we have working together. Unfortunately this wasn't the only incident we were forced to take into consideration...

13 minutes ago, notoriousbigej said:

I'm sure you're aware at this point of the multiple issues we have working together. Unfortunately this wasn't the only incident we were forced to take into consideration...

You and the joke:

giphy.gif

Jumanji and GK12303 like this

7 minutes ago, notoriousbigej said:

Nah I got the joke, it was just lame and I'm not in the mood for that shit right now

My apologies. Just trying to lighten the mood. Besides, you might be able to trade for a decent GM, for say, I don't know, next year's 3rd round pick?