Soluna

Q&A Friday #1

6 posts in this topic

I'm not 100% sure I'm following you on the attribute/stat thing. Is the difference that attributes are binary whereas stats are a sliding scale? Or is it that attributes can activate certain stats? Or am I misunderstanding entirely?

Either way, it's great to see this insight.

Darrell Murphy is one of my last favorite players in the sim. With that said, I agree that he gets overlooked at times.

I remember a lot was made of the Colts not having a running game without Tony Peaks last season and it costing them a real shot at the Super Bowl. Well I don't think the Rams have ever had a very good running game and Murphy has spent his career proving that he can carry a team on his back. 

Sure he's had the luxury of throwing to Walt Peck all these years, but Peck is on a decline and Murphy is still slinging the ball. Look at what he's done with Schwartz, who was basically a nobody entering the league. 

I think Brees is a great comp for Murphy. He's a top tier quarterback that had the misfortune of playing at the same time as the best ever, Skaggs. 

Fuck you, Murphy. 

Dacder likes this

49 minutes ago, stormstopper said:

I'm not 100% sure I'm following you on the attribute/stat thing. Is the difference that attributes are binary whereas stats are a sliding scale? Or is it that attributes can activate certain stats? Or am I misunderstanding entirely?

Either way, it's great to see this insight.

Attributes are activated when certain stats cross a threshold but they may only be activated in certain game situations and are not off/on.