WE ARE...CHAMPIONS

Penn State goes back to back and defends their National Championship in an explosive 44-23 match up against UCF

BOWMAN THE SHOWMAN

Rookie QB Tanner Bowman kicked off the NFLHC preseason with a very solid showing against the Rams on Thursday Night. Though it was against backups, the Redskin faithful have something to be hopeful about.

ON A JUMBO JET TO CALI

Former Pittsburgh Head Coach Jumbo was officially named the new Head Coach of the University of Southern California Trojans following iliveinadreamatorium's departure from the university.

PRESEASON PROBLEMS

The preseason game between the Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals was cancelled after Cincinnati failed to report their depth chart to league officials. Sources within the organization revealed the team may not have had a gameplan ready as well.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (27791) . Darman (27778) . Soluna (22761) . stormstopper (17504) . npklemm (15549) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    deandean1998

Washington Huskies Announce 2020 Starting QB

I0000rLvwlI_Wlpo.jpg

Today, I am here with True Freshman Jake Davis to announce that he will be the starting QB for the 2020 Washington Huskies.  It was a tough battle this offseason between him and Redshirt freshman Samuel Connor, but I personally believe in Jake Davis's skills as a pocket passer, and his ability to grow the team and everyone around him.  We will both be available for questions as needed.

48 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Do you think Jake Davis can get Washington to a bowl game?

We have a very talented roster this year, and I have hopes to maybe fight for a  bowl game, but honestly all we can do is take it one game at a time.  I know Jake has been focusing on our game versus New Mexico, but I think we all have aspirations to actually make a bowl game this year.

9 minutes ago, deathcpo said:

Why did you invest so much in recruiting jake when you had a young qb with similiar talent, seems like you could have filled other holes?

Samuel Connor is a hell of a passer, but when you have the opportunity to get someone with the talent and skill set of Jake Davis, I don't see why not hesitate to get out top tier talent at the biggest position in a football team?  Nor did I really lose out on recruitment last year.  I'm extremely happy with my recruitment class last year.  I believe it was ranked 27th in the nation.  Coming as the coach of NC State, I know how difficult it is with bad coaching bad QB play weighing down a team.  With Jake Davis, I know I can trust him, and he gives me a hell of a chance to win not just now, but as he develops and into the future. 

On 4/21/2017 at 2:18 PM, npklemm said:

What separated Davis from Conner in practice?

(oops i entirely missed this)

Well when it came down to it, they were neck and neck in practice, it's just that Davis showed more flashes of potential throughout.  I thought of redshirting him, but I figured he'd work well getting game time with little to no expectations on the team.