• Announcements

• Soluna

Upcoming Schedule   05/26/2017

NFLHC Week #8 - May 28/29, then everything resuming as normal the following week. Recruiting due on June 3rd.
HAFFnHAFF

[The Players' Tribune] I Am Still the Greatest by Rahim Murrell

7 posts in this topic

April 28th, 2020 - That didn’t go as planned.  15 of 30 for 140 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs.  My worst outing to date on the biggest stage I have ever played on.  And yet… I am still the greatest.

Fear.  Failure.  Defeat.  These are not unfamiliar feelings to me.  A lesser football player would crumble under pressure.  But I am no ordinary football player.  I am the greatest.

To the fans in the stands who booed during the 2nd half, there is more going on behind the scenes then you see.  You see 1 poor performance.  You see 60 minutes of failure and are ready to move on.  But 60 minutes of failure does not, a career break.  You don’t see the fire in my belly.  You don’t see how pissed off I am at myself.  You have no idea how many times I have rehashed every play in my mind.  You don’t see the 14 hours of film I watched over the weekend.  You don’t see the hours of route work I put in with Devon [Tillman] working on timing.  I will be the greatest!

Go ahead and hate.  Write fan posts about how bad I am.  Petition coach to make Julius [Minnow] the starter.  All you are doing is adding fuel to the fire.  I thrive on the hatred.  I thrive on the distain.  I have been an underdog my entire life.  I am the greatest.

The gridiron isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.  It’s a nasty place and it doesn’t matter how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it.  Football is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward.  That’s how winning is done!  You gotta be willing to take the hits.  And I take the hits.  I roll with the hits.  That’s how I have done it my entire career.  I am the greatest.

Coach @HAFFnHAFF may be no @vtgorilla.  Devon [Tillman] may be no Daniel Hobbs.  Damani [Askew] may be no Justin Burris.  But Tucker Dowden is no Rahim.  From the ashes we will rise.  We will rise together and be better than ever before because…

I AM THE GREATEST!!!

4 minutes ago, stormstopper said:

Dang it Haff, you're making me start to like Murrell. Kid's got a winning attitude.

My team may suck but my I'm bringing the media game this year!