WE ARE...CHAMPIONS

Penn State goes back to back and defends their National Championship in an explosive 44-23 match up against UCF

BOWMAN THE SHOWMAN

Rookie QB Tanner Bowman kicked off the NFLHC preseason with a very solid showing against the Rams on Thursday Night. Though it was against backups, the Redskin faithful have something to be hopeful about.

ON A JUMBO JET TO CALI

Former Pittsburgh Head Coach Jumbo was officially named the new Head Coach of the University of Southern California Trojans following iliveinadreamatorium's departure from the university.

PRESEASON PROBLEMS

The preseason game between the Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals was cancelled after Cincinnati failed to report their depth chart to league officials. Sources within the organization revealed the team may not have had a gameplan ready as well.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (27787) . Darman (27776) . Soluna (22761) . stormstopper (17504) . npklemm (15549) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

Recruiting v2.1

Just now, Soluna said:

These changes are all compromises from the nearly 100 suggestions I received from you guys in three request threads, several private feedback threads, and random polling I did via PM. Please understand that we cannot have 100% realism but I'm trying to balance and instill some sort of regional differentiation to make recruiting different for each school.

If you do not agree with my changes that's fine but I cannot please everyone. Thank you to the 10 or so members who helped feedback these changes and please know, I do read your suggestions - everyones, even if you think I hate you.

Doea this apply to new players?

4 hours ago, Soluna said:

*Added "Host Camps" - Each school can declare one state where they receive a 15% bonus on points spent. THIS STATE MUST BE A STATE WHERE A TEAM FROM THEIR CONFERENCE IS FROM AND IT CANNOT BE THEIR HOME STATE.

How does this affect Independents without a "conference" pool of states to choose from? 

Does giving an in state player the "Star designation" bonus count towards the initial x2 multiplier if they are in your state? Does the star designation bonus burn the initial x2 multiplier if you don't put any other points on them that first week?

Also, do points from the (x2) multiplier count towards breaking the 5-point barrier on the in state bonus? So if you used 3(x2) points the first week would that 6 points break the 5-point barrier on the instate bonus?

4 hours ago, Soluna said:

Pipeline states must now BORDER the state of their school or be their home state.

Does this mean the 4 stated border states, or anyone touching a physical border?

Many places, it talks about bonuses to the amount of points.  This does not include scholarship and visit points though, right?

Thanks very much to you and the team of people who helped you put this together.  Also to Inspiral for all the legwork for implementing these changes.

6 hours ago, Soluna said:

*Added "Host Camps" - Each school can declare one state where they receive a 15% bonus on points spent. THIS STATE MUST BE A STATE WHERE A TEAM FROM THEIR CONFERENCE IS FROM AND IT CANNOT BE THEIR HOME STATE. Host Camp state must be set prior to recruiting start and can be changed during the offseason. Hosted camps will be public, to be displayed on your interface team profile.

should it be cannot be their home state or their pipeline state? a team like Oklahoma could pipeline and camp texas and get more of a bonus than in-state schools pipelining texas if its possible to use them both on the same state (assuming they stack at all, see previous question)

1 minute ago, alienufo said:

should it be cannot be their home state or their pipeline state? a team like WVU could pipeline and camp texas and get more of a bonus than in-state schools pipelining texas if its possible to use them both on the same state. 

Pipeline has to border your school.. so I could not pipeline Texas..  

5 minutes ago, alienufo said:

should it be cannot be their home state or their pipeline state? a team like Oklahoma could pipeline and camp texas and get more of a bonus than in-state schools pipelining texas if its possible to use them both on the same state (assuming they stack at all, see previous question)

I think the new +20 point bonus on in-state recruits kind of negates this advantage; the out-of state team will only really benefit from this in a long recruiting battle.

3 minutes ago, FlutieFlakes said:

I think the new +20 point bonus on in-state recruits kind of negates this advantage; the out-of state team will only really benefit from this in a long recruiting battle.

true.  a few clarifications on how stuff stacks would be nice, but the changes look pretty great.

11 minutes ago, FlutieFlakes said:

That's assuming the in-state school wants to spend 20 points on a single recruit.  Maybe this is not their #1 target, and someone they just want to put a few points on?  Unless the point numbers have changed significantly, putting 20 points on any single recruit is an awful lot of your budget (if not all of it for some teams.  I don't think I HAD 20 points per week last year).

We all wanted the in-state bonuses softened so that crossing borders could actually happen more often.  But as Alien points out, if bonuses are allowed to be stacked, certain out of state, border schools could actually have more points to spend in your state than you do.  I doubt that this was intended, but let's let Soluna respond before we all freak out.