Soluna

Recruiting v2.1

66 posts in this topic

@inspiral

Assuming the bowl bonuses replace the bowl winner/loser points from the Recruiting 2.0 post, here's the MAC's recruiting points.  Please let me know if you need anything else. Got clarification from Soluna.

Team, Weekly Pts., School Visit, Coach Visit, StarRecruit
Akron,16, 8-13,12-17, 9
Ball State,16, 8-13,12-17, 9
Bowling Green,16, 8-13,12-17, 9
Buffalo,18,11-16,14-19,11
CMU,18,11-16,14-19,11
EMU,16,8-13,12-17,9
Kent State,16,8-13,12-17,9
Miami(OH),16,8-13,12-17,9
NIU,16,8-13,12-17,9
Ohio,21,11-16,16-21,12
Toledo,19,11-16,14-19,11
WMU,20,11-16,16-21,12

Notes:

Ohio won Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (+3)

Toledo lost Miami Beach Bowl (+2)

EDIT:

Quote pumph:

3 hours ago, pumph said:

but let's let Soluna respond before we all freak out.

Please let's do this, everyone.

beeznik likes this

7 hours ago, Soluna said:

Interface/Visibility Changes
*If a recruit has less than or equal to five points between the leader and any other schools the recruit will be marked as "Toss Up" (Note to Inspiral: Single out Toss-Up recruits to be easily visible on their own page and likely marked read or be larger or something similar)(everyone: suggest better name).

Could we call it "Cloudy" or something like 247 does with their crystal balls?

Rome likes this

This system makes a lot of sense and looks like fun. It's still very important to pay attention to your home state croots but it's not quite as difficult to recruit in the neighboring states compared to the last version. There will probably be more variety in recruiting strategies with this system. Thanks Soluna (and everyone else involved with the development of this).

this might be the best update any single facet of the site has received since the beginning.  Well done Soluna and mods.  Hopefully inspiral is able to incorporate all of this.

7 hours ago, alienufo said:

Do the percentage bonuses apply to the weekly points for star recruits?

The only bonuses that apply to the star recruit option are the team needs additions and whether it triggers the in-state thing in the first week.

7 hours ago, alienufo said:

Also does the +20 bonus apply to scholarships or just weekly points?

Just weekly points.

5 hours ago, Rome said:

Are border states going to stay the same as they were listed last year?

Border states for anything defined here reflects the table from recruiting 2.0, not all of your physically touching states are necessarily considered bordering.

2 hours ago, alienufo said:

should it be cannot be their home state or their pipeline state? a team like Oklahoma could pipeline and camp texas and get more of a bonus than in-state schools pipelining texas if its possible to use them both on the same state (assuming they stack at all, see previous question)

Yes, to clarify you cannot host a camp in the same state you are pipelining.

4 hours ago, joedchi said:

How does this affect Independents without a "conference" pool of states to choose from? 

Independents are essentially a conference, you have several 'members' that this applies to.

3 hours ago, Dacder said:

Does giving an in state player the "Star designation" bonus count towards the initial x2 multiplier if they are in your state? Does the star designation bonus burn the initial x2 multiplier if you don't put any other points on them that first week?

Also, do points from the (x2) multiplier count towards breaking the 5-point barrier on the in state bonus? So if you used 3(x2) points the first week would that 6 points break the 5-point barrier on the instate bonus?

Yes

Are the "Star Player" Points separate from your weekly points? Or are they a portion of your weekly points?

If they are separate, can you also use weekly points on a star player?

5 minutes ago, npklemm said:

Are the "Star Player" Points separate from your weekly points? Or are they a portion of your weekly points?

If they are separate, can you also use weekly points on a star player?

its quite clearly separate. You should be able to use normal points on them too, or they would just be automatic croots for some teams.

1 minute ago, Jieret said:

Spreadsheet for determining basic weekly points, school/coach visit pts., and star recruit points:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wqKhep1NIXrhl3GgSmVnYQByQURaqt1jJWgn7ER8M5s/edit?usp=sharing

The bowl bonus is the (+2/+1) a team gained for playing in a bowl last season.

Ah thanks, something like this is exactly what I need. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Soluna said:

*Initial points committed to an in-state recruit are doubled for free up to 20 points. (i.e. You put 20 points on someone from your state that you had not previously put points on it will count as 40. You put 50 points on someone from your state that you had not previously put points on it will count as 70 (50+20 cap).) If these are the initial points then he will still receive the in-state bonus points.

Does initial points mean points that are contributed week 1 only? Or points that are contributed the first week you bid on a recruit? Or am I reading too much into initial points?

So you will get 25 points for in state bonus, +20 points of matching of your weekly points in state correct?

1 hour ago, inspiral said:

Ah thanks, something like this is exactly what I need. Thanks.

That list have everyone?  Because I won a bowl and am not listed.

If i missed it, sorry.  My phone doesnt like to show my spreadsheets in their entirety.

35 minutes ago, pumph said:

That list have everyone?  Because I won a bowl and am not listed.

If i missed it, sorry.  My phone doesnt like to show my spreadsheets in their entirety.

Not yet, anyone can go in and add results. I may add more teams later when I'm less busy.

15 hours ago, Soluna said:

*The school(s) with the most drafted players from each conference (excluding any schools from the previous award, i.e. Alabama, Nebraska) will receive +1 weekly recruiting points. If more than three teams are tied, the conference is excluded from receiving this bonus. (This year: UGA/Miss State(SEC), Michigan (Big 10), TCU/Iowa State (Big 12), Southern Miss (CUSA), Arizona State (Pac 12), Air Force/Colorado State/Boise State (MWC), ND (Indy), Akron/Buffalo/EMU (MAC), No AAC Team (AAC)) <--- Someone check these they were done by a tired llamas and Darman.

And I think me and llamas missed the ACC somehow (my fault) but I think Clemson receives that bonus

4 minutes ago, Darman said:

And I think me and llamas missed the ACC somehow (my fault) but I think Clemson receives that bonus

Ah, forgot about these bonuses.  I'll add them into the spreadsheet now.

Looks like Boston College gets the ACC points (7 draftees), and no one from the AAC gets them - 8 teams with 1 draftee each.

EDIT: All teams should be done; UMass was given the "Remaining Teams/Other" treatment.  If you see anything incorrect, please let me know sooner rather than later - we want this in Inspiral's hands ASAP.

smokingcricket likes this

Shouldn't it be just bowl participant with a flat number of points and then the bowl winner/bowl loser comes in through the bonus (since the bonus is +3/+2 or +2/+1 etc.)? Under the system as currently written, someone who lost a +3/+2 bowl gets fewer weekly points than someone who won a +2/+1 bowl and someone who lost a +4/+3 bowl gets the same as someone who won a +2/+1 which seems to negate the purpose.

alienufo likes this

On 5/12/2017 at 3:39 AM, Soluna said:

*In-state (and bordering state) bonuses do not occur until at least 5 points have been committed from an in-state school. At this point the player will receive the value that was given freely in the previous recruiting version.
*Initial points committed to an in-state recruit are doubled for free up to 20 points. (i.e. You put 20 points on someone from your state that you had not previously put points on it will count as 40. You put 50 points on someone from your state that you had not previously put points on it will count as 70 (50+20 cap).) If these are the initial points then he will still receive the in-state bonus points.

the instate bonus is 25 right? so putting 50 points on a player in your state should be 50 + 20 (free) + 25 (state bonus) for a total of 95 points?

bingo415 likes this

On 12/05/2017 at 4:39 AM, Soluna said:

In-State/Bordering State Changes
*In-state (and bordering state) bonuses do not occur until at least 5 points have been committed from an in-state school. At this point the player will receive the value that was given freely in the previous recruiting version.

If, for example, Oregon State puts 5 points into recruit X, does this mean that only Oregon State gets the freely in-state bonus, or, Oregon and teams from borders states (bordering state bonus) gets it too?

17 minutes ago, bmlig95 said:

If, for example, Oregon State puts 5 points into recruit X, does this mean that only Oregon State gets the freely in-state bonus, or, Oregon and teams from borders states (bordering state bonus) gets it too?

They get it if they put 5 points

So I'm also curious about bmlig's question. If I put 5 points down on a PA player, do Temple and Pitt immediately go +25 also (on top of the bordering states going +12)? Or does only the team that went +5 get the bonus?

Also, is the commit threshold date still week 4?