Soluna

Recruiting v2.1

66 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, stormstopper said:

Will recruiting run weeks 2-16 like last year, or is it 1-15 this year?

Hey, why do I get a notification every time someone posts "1-15"?  Chargers might still get a second win this year.

Jieret, grv413, Darman and 6 others like this

4 hours ago, stormstopper said:

Will recruiting run weeks 2-16 like last year, or is it 1-15 this year?

Whatever inspiral wants to do, 1-15 is fine.

If I pipeline a state and recruit a player with the positional bonus from that state, how are the percentages combined? Or are they not?

27 minutes ago, grv413 said:

If I pipeline a state and recruit a player with the positional bonus from that state, how are the percentages combined? Or are they not?

Speculating I think it's 10+20% for a 30% bonus

On 5/12/2017 at 3:39 AM, Soluna said:

Recruiting v2.1

Interface/Visibility Changes
*School Visits, Coach Visits, Star Recruits, and Host Camp by schools are now visible for everyone.

What exactly does this mean now?

1) On the interface, everyone can see how many visits each school has remaining? (So after they are used, we'll know who still has visits left)

2) On the interface, everyone will be able to see which players each team has visited?

3) Both of the above?

4) Something else?

23 minutes ago, pumph said:

What exactly does this mean now?

1) On the interface, everyone can see how many visits each school has remaining? (So after they are used, we'll know who still has visits left)

2) On the interface, everyone will be able to see which players each team has visited?

3) Both of the above?

4) Something else?

When you search a team on the interface, it shows remaining visits, pipelined state, camp state, and star recruit for the team.

Jieret and Bubada like this

Well, it shows the number we have.  But will it go down one if I use one?  That's what I mean.  Will it show 0 visits if someone has used them all?

8 minutes ago, Soluna said:

I meant that you can see which schools have used visits on certain players in addition to how many they have left on their profile

Interesting!

I'm not sure that most people would have assumed this.  I like it.

It is amazing how far this recruiting process has evolved! Thank you to Soluna, Inspiral, and everyone else that put in the effort to make this happen. 

Sorry if I am overthinking this and the order doesn't matter, but it seems like it will. What order are the bonuses applied after the initial points?

• Star Recruit
  • In State Double
  • Positional Need
  • Host Camp State
  • Pipeline State
  • In State 25 points
  • Scholarship
  • Any others that I may be forgetting

Edit: Let me know if this is clear somewhere and I am just overlooking. 

On 5/12/2017 at 9:39 AM, Soluna said:

*Players who have only 1 school listed within 30 points for 3 consecutive weeks will commit to that school.

What if a school leads on a recruit by 30+ points during the first 3 weeks, but only leads by less than 30 after Week 4? Does the recruit commit to the school (since there were 3 consecutive weeks when they had a 30+ point lead)?

2 hours ago, FlutieFlakes said:

What if a school leads on a recruit by 30+ points during the first 3 weeks, but only leads by less than 30 after Week 4? Does the recruit commit to the school (since there were 3 consecutive weeks when they had a 30+ point lead)?

Almost certainly not. The first four weeks without commits is to allow everyone time to place points on all the players they are targeting

On 5/15/2017 at 1:27 PM, randye4 said:

It is amazing how far this recruiting process has evolved! Thank you to Soluna, Inspiral, and everyone else that put in the effort to make this happen. 

Sorry if I am overthinking this and the order doesn't matter, but it seems like it will. What order are the bonuses applied after the initial points?

• Star Recruit
  • In State Double
  • Positional Need
  • Host Camp State
  • Pipeline State
  • In State 25 points
  • Scholarship
  • Any others that I may be forgetting

Edit: Let me know if this is clear somewhere and I am just overlooking. 

Do we still get 12 points for border states?