Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
npklemm

[2020] Orange Crush

1 post in this topic

The Orange were again a surprise in 2019 as they were lead by Heisman Winning Dylan Bishop in route to a 10-3 record and a ranking in the final poll. Bishop is a one-hit wonder though as he is now a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Also gone is probably the best coach in Syracuse history, Duster. He left the team for personal reasons and has shied from the spotlight. Not shying from anything is new coach Greenwhirl who answered some questions for us.

1. Dylan Bishop won the Heisman last season, how do you replace his production?

Dylan Bishop raised the bar for Quarterback play at Syracuse and I think people have taken notice. We've recently acquired a highly-talented transfer quarterback with Christian Coates from the University of Kentucky, who will be competing for a spot immediately. Dylan's leadership and ambition will have a lasting effect on this team, even as he leaves for the NFL.

2. Giovanni Coley struggled in 2019, how can he improve and add value to the team in 2020?

Giovanni knows that, as he enters his senior season, he will need to step up his production from last year, not only for his own future as a professional, but for the team that has become a family to him. With a deep rushing roster, Giovanni knows he can't falter, otherwise he may be surpassed by the next man up. I have confidence that he will give his all for the Orange in his final season.

3. You decided to Red-Shirt Donovan Caballero, why did you decide not to play him?

Donovan and I sat down and had a lengthy conversation about what would be best for the team and his development, and we agreed that the amount of playing time he would see as a true freshman would be minimal. Luckily, Donovan will have a slew of experienced players to learn from, both on and off the training field, during his first season. We have high hopes for both Donovan and this team moving forward.

4. Noah Tubbs and Bradley Nunn have been fixtures in the Orange Secondary for years, what do they mean to this team?

Brad and Noah have been mainstays of this Syracuse defense for a couple years now and I think they’re both looking forward to their last hurrah. These are guys who could have easily gone in the early rounds of the draft last year, yet they decided to stay with their brothers and return for their Senior season. If they aren’t examples of true Orangemen, then I don’t know who is.

5. Do you think you can compete for the Atlantic Division Title?

I think there’s a new attitude around the Syracuse football program and we’d be foolish not to take advantage. This is a team that not only wants to win, but that possesses immense talent and knows exactly what it takes to grind out a winning season. There will be difficult games ahead, as we play in one of the toughest divisions in college football, but the team knows that and is willing to give their all for the Orange.

6. What are your expectations for 2020?

I expect this team to finally take the next step towards national prominence. We had a good effort last season, but I think now we are on the cusp of realizing all the talent and expectations that have been accumulating in Syracuse. This team will give 100% every day, both on and off the field, for Syracuse! Go Orange!

Bubada and Rome like this