• Announcements

• Soluna

General News   07/27/2017

CFBHC and NFLHC are both delayed 2-3 days to make up the 2 week gap at the beginning of August a bit. Recruiting this week will still be done Saturday night.
Soluna

Spotlight Tuesday #8

59 posts in this topic

What is your dream school to coach on here? Let's say every school was open, who would you want to take?

Are you at your dream school already? Do you see yourself ever leaving it willingly?

UBL and ZackTyzwyz like this

1 minute ago, Soluna said:

What is your dream school to coach on here? Let's say every school was open, who would you want to take?

Are you at your dream school already? Do you see yourself ever leaving it willingly?

Im definitely at my dream school if that isn't obvious. And you'll have to pry this job from my cold, banned hands before I give it up.

I have, however, thought about taking a job I wasn't so emotionally attached to. If not TCU I'd want to be at UCLA, FSU, or UNC. Those jobs sound super fun and those are cool schools to be a fan of.

CadeRich5 likes this

As a UMD Alum, Maryland is for sure my dream school to coach. That being said, I'm planning on never leaving Utah State even if Maryland opened since I want to develop them and I think that constantly switching teams can hurt the sim. Learning about Utah State has been a blast and I've definitely become attached to them and the conference. Plus I can't see @TheSam leaving and he's doing a way better job there than I ever would. 

TheSam likes this

Oklahoma. I'm a life long OU fan and would love to be there. When @ChicagoTed1 thought about going to Michigan I was pretty excited about it. But I can't see myself leaving KSU for anywhere but OU. Even doing that would b hard because I'm very attached to my team now as I have build them over the last 2 seasons. Definitely never leaving the Big XII though. 

ChicagoTed1 likes this

PSU

I know that it will never be available to me on the site but that would be the one that I'd want. 

I have thought about leaving Miami the last few years but I want to continue the rebuild here. (I also love crooting in Flordia)

I've always been a huge fan of michigan state, but when slinky briefly left I had the opportunity to try and coach them but I turned it down. I've really enjoyed coaching SMU and it's hard to imagine a scenario where I leave at this point. 

bingo415 and Yellow_Evan like this

:uw:

As a Washington native and a father of a soon-to-be UW grad, that's the only job I could see myself leaving Western Michigan for. Even then I wouldn't do so for at least two more seasons, I wouldn't want to leave a building process only half-done.

Jumanji and bingo415 like this

UCF

If a P5 team were available that had a roster that was basically guaranteed to win the natty the next year, I wouldn't even consider it. Obviously not everyone on the site has the chance to coach their alma mater, and I'm very honored to have the chance with UCF. I'd rather spend 10 seasons competing for bowl games and the AAC East with a team I've put my heart into than win the playoffs with some random powerhouse I have no real life connection to. 

Go Knights! Charge On! :ucf::citronaut:

smckenz3 likes this

Clemson.

My wife graduated from there, and is a diehard fan, cursing and screaming at the television, even when they are up 31-0.  Because of her um, passion, for them, I have found myself rooting for them in recent years because my household is a whole lot more pleasant after a Clemson victory.

I don't see myself leaving SDSU though.  I like what I'm building, and I'd hate to inherit someone else's mess again.  Conversely, I wouldn't want to take over someone else's ready-made team.  Win or lose, I want my team to be mine.  As slow as the sim moves (for good reason), it doesn't make sense to jump ship.  It might take close to 3 real years to have your team be all players that you have recruited.

Jieret and Emperor_of_Orange like this

BALL STATE BABY! 

I graduated from Ball State and have had a couple opportunities to move, but I didn't want to leave UVA yet. Their current coach seems to be doing fine, so I'm happy with that. 

I'm at my dream job right now, and I only plan on giving up this job to another fellow Baylor Bear.

If I were to take another coaching job, here would be the schools I'd consider first:

• :cal: 
  • :sjsu:
  • :wsu:
  • :houston:
  • :texas:
  • University of Canada - Winnipeg
UBL likes this

Just now, Emperor_of_Orange said:

I'm at my dream school, if I win a championship and the sun belt exists, I might take one of those. But who knows?

I do think it would be cool to take over a new team and be the only coach they ever had

Oregon State is my dream school. I've had opportunities to take them. But I've already spent 4 seasons building up Rice, I don't want to throw it away and restart the process all over again. Also, don't want to leave Texas crooting. I think the only way I would leave Rice is if there's some change that makes it much more difficult for G5 schools to get top croots. Then I'd probably try to go to Oregon State or a P5 school in Texas.

Time likes this

I grew up a fan of UGA, and am a student at UVA so i would take a long hard look at either of those if they opened, but I think I'm planted at Memphis, I don't want some other nerd to take my mess and I've enjoyed the AAC with its colors and comic sans. It's nice being the only coach in Memphis history as well, it really feels like my team and I can't imagine anyone else with them.

Currently at my dream school. Go Ducks forever! 

It was a gut-wrenching decision to leave Minnesota...my current hometown team, though not a school/program I had any real affinity for when I joined. It was and is just so damn fun to build up a program. Until this season started, I knew the Gopher roster by heart, and still need to look at my Oregon roster on occasion. I'm glad that Lucas, a UofM homer and student, is doing well there. And no, I would not give this job up for anything, barring a site shutdown or perma-ban. 

Go Ducks! We'll bring a championship to Eugene eventually!

Michigan is absolutely my dream school.

I've put so much work into Vanderbilt that it would be really hard to leave though. I might take the jump if I won a championship at Vandy and Michigan was bad. I prefer building a program to maintaining one.

I don't really have one and I would probably just stick with Auburn if every job was open. I've really enjoyed the switch to this job. I couldn't be happier with the team, the conference, and the recruits.

Rome likes this

I left UK to come to LSU which is my alma mater and the only school I would have considered leaving for. It does feel a bit like I havent earned much here though as LSU was a good program but I would leave LSU if I start not being successful. I wouldn't want to see the first nation champion team run into the ground because of my attachment to the school. 

neovenator250 and Jumanji like this

West Virginia is my dream school.  It's where I went to college and where I grew up.  I love the Mountaineers.

It was actually a really tough decision to leave Texas A&M to come to WVU.  They had been neglected for several years and were about to begin a massive rebuild after the graduation of Matty and Jank.  I was able to pull in like the 12th best class that year and was really excited to build them basically from the ground up.  I probably would have stayed if it weren't for @sleuthofbears.  Since he loved Texas A&M as much as I love WVU, I figured that was the perfect person to continue my Aggie rebuild.  

I'd consider leaving WVU to take a brand new Sun Belt school.  I think it would be fun to start from the ground up and really build something that's your own.  

sleuthofbears likes this

I don't think I could ever coach at either of my real life alma maters in this sim (Appalachian State and North Carolina), as it'd be too stressful to deal with.

I don't have the same prohibition on my workplace, and while I don't work at BC, I do work in New England. BC, UMass, or UConn would be where I'd probably want to go.

The only school that would even come close to rivaling where I am now is the Georgia Institute of Technology.  I know that it will literally never come open and I am school and in a conference that has been nothing but fantastic to me since I've been at Texas Tech.  The coaching rivalries and competitiveness make every week in the Big 12 a blast and I have loved every minute of it.  

I honestly don't think I could leave Lubbock now that I've been so ingrained with the school and this roster.  So many memories and players that I'm not done coaching yet.  

Guns Up

43 minutes ago, Soluna said:

It was ND, but I'd say my true one would be Illinois State if they ever become playable. I left begrudgingly due to real life circumstances and wish I could have left ND in a better place. 

I have no true connection to Wazzu other than my players that I like winning with. If I were to leave I'd probably be willing to take over Northwestern,  a Funbelt school,  or of course Illinois State.