Soluna

Spotlight Tuesday #8

59 posts in this topic

I'm already at my dream school. I've always been a big Terps fan and I'm going to be a student at Maryland starting next year.

ZackTyzwyz likes this

Notre Dame is my dream school as I'm from South Bend and have been to countless games. ND is probably the only school I would leave UCLA for as I'm very happy here.

npklemm likes this

I like coaching at OSU, it´s a job with almost no expectations, so, even If I'm a real bad coach, cannot be worst than 0-12 season.

If the Fun Belt opens, I might take a job there.

UBL likes this

USC. I grew up near LA and it's always been my favorite FBS college football team (obviously Davis takes precedence now but it's FCS). I grew up during the Pete Carroll era and I got into the team because of Reggie Bush and never looked back. It sometimes sucks cuz I'm pretty much the only active USC fan that I know of when there are a ton of Notre Dame fans, but sometimes it's also kinda cool, not gonna lie, it was pretty awesome to watch the Rose Bowl this past year and feel like the villain because the entire site almost was rooting for Penn State, especially when USC made the crazy ass comeback. 

I don't think I'd leave Fresno until I think they're in a good place, which obviously won't be for at least a few seasons. It's never been my intention to quit a team because I think it's bad, rather I'd say I enjoy challenges and challenging myself to get better at both recruiting and coaching. 

Duke is my dream job, my alma mater, and the school I've been a fan of for all of my life. That would be a gut-wrenching decision to have to make--not just because I'm the only coach Kansas has had, and not just because I've become so invested in the program over the course of the 80 games I've coached, but also because it would mean leaving the Big XII and that alone would break my heart. But fortunately, that's a decision I don't have to make since Duke is in good hands with Darman. And I would never leave Kansas for any other job.

Well since I go to Alabama, it would definitely have to be them. But I know that I would have to pry them from @CadeRich5's cold dead hands. I think I got very lucky when I was able to come to the SEC though, and really love getting to play all the very experienced guys in conference play. I just don't have experience or will have the experience for a while that @randye4 did that led them to greatness. I think so far they've been in very good hands and I know that there is pressure to keep that success up, which I know Cade has to be feeling heavy right now, but no one wants to be the guy that messes up the best program. That is the main reason I'd rather just stay than try to restart somewhere else. I never really had a specific connection to South Carolina, but its cool being able to work with a program almost finished with a rebuild (S/O @joedchi) so I dont see myself moving anytime soon especially if I start seeing success at South Carolina.

joedchi and Jumanji like this

Alabama, as I'm a graduate. Navy is a close second because my father in law played there in the early 80's. However I'm happy at Arkansas and look forward to the rebuild. I've left a few too many teams behind and really want to put down roots and see what I can do long term with the same team. 

Hagan and Jumanji like this

53 minutes ago, JBax said:

Notre Dame is my dream school as I'm from South Bend and have been to countless games. ND is probably the only school I would leave UCLA for as I'm very happy here.

South Bend Bros!

JBax likes this

It is kinda surreal coaching Iowa State since this was one of the schools I wanted to go to for college, it ultimately come down to 'which had a better personalized experience' then I chose South Dakota State University. If it were allowed I would want to coach my future alma mater SDSU, but since its an FCS school I can not. In terms of Iowa State I am happy here, I would not say it is my dream since im not connected to the school all that much besides rooting against them during SDSU vs. ISU big 12 wrestling meets. Its a fun school with realistic expectations from me. I chose this school with longevity in mind. I do not want to be anywhere away from the midwest or to coach a school that I have no connection to in real life

Mind you I'm perfectly happy at Washington but BC will always be where my heart is.  But smoking is doing a good job and I am happy that if anyone has it, it's him.

For a noob perspective, I grew up and currently live in Champaign so if it became available, I'd consider the Illinois job. Kind of depends on the state of the game should that even become a chance. If there was a critical void that could leave recruiting unbalanced (Like if most of the Texas schools went open), I'd be willing to take that on. 

But in reality, I wouldn't consider a move if I felt I was leaving the next guy high and dry with the CMU they inherit. As said earlier, I'm more interested in building programs up as opposed to maintaining them. 

I've said it before, but Florida is my favorite team. I would leave ECU in the middle of a NCG if it meant I could take on Florida even if they were worst school on sim. 

The only other school I think I would go to if it ever made an appearance in the sim would be Arkansas state red wolves. The silly reason for that is i always some how ended up playing them on NCAA. 

But florida is my dream team. 

At this point I think the only school I would leave Navy for is OSU, and I don't think that'll open up any time soon. Frankly I'm kind of glad because I don't want the pressure to succeed at my alma mater, and fever is already doing a great job there so I can cheer from the sidelines. 

If I were inclined to participate in the college sim again...LSU would be first and foremost where I would go.  If they weren't available, I would then pursue Washington, Colorado, Florida, Texas, Wyoming, and Florida (in that order)

cmcgill likes this

Michigan is my alma mater so that was obviously my dream school. I probably wouldn't have left Iowa for any other job. I never expected the job to open up until Sophos stepped down. He specifically asked me to apply for the job and wanted me to take over, so here I am. 

rabidsnowman likes this

I don't have a dream school.  South Carolina was hard to leave after spending time to recruit and not stick with those guys. But a job like Notre Dame, Michigan,Texas, USC, Penn St, some of the true blue bloods are hard to pass up.  When Notre Dame opened, I viewed it as a promotion.

npklemm likes this

Alabama was my dream school to coach. I am very satisfied with my accomplishments there and didn't plan on coaching anywhere else. I am excited about the thought of building a program from the ground up at FAU. I do not plan to coach at any other schools. If I had a 2nd choice school it would be Troy or South Alabama, but don't think I would leave FAU to go to either If we incorporate the SunBelt. 

Jumanji likes this

Kansas.

6 hours ago, stormstopper said:

And I would never leave Kansas for any other job.

Storm pls

Edit of seriousness: Texas is an alternate dream job, you could say. I grew up in Austin and thus grew up a raging Texas fan and went to nearly every home game I could during my pre-college years. I still love Texas but with Kansas being where I'm wrapping up my degree every year that goes by I'm turning over into a bigger and bigger KU, naturally. 

2 hours ago, neovenator250 said:

If I were inclined to participate in the college sim again...LSU would be first and foremost where I would go.  If they weren't available, I would then pursue Washington, Colorado, Florida, Texas, Wyoming, and Florida (in that order)

Washington has to stay in the Saints Organization tbh.

I would love to be the coach at Kansas, but I don't think I could take it over if storm ever left. It's storms program here, id want to build my own identity. (Plus im pretty sure azul would murder me for taking Kansas, id probably end up like Charlie Weis.) I was hesitant to come to Iowa for the same reason, it's jmjacobs built program, but with the bridge between us that is the 2019 season, the worst period of Iowa football, I knew someone had to rescue them. (And i like being in the Big Ten, and Chad Greenway went to Iowa, and he's my favorite player of all time at any level).

I'll probably never leave Iowa unless Storm and Azul have moved on from Kansas, and the future of the program is bleak.

jmjacobs likes this

9 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

I only plan on giving up this job to another fellow Baylor Bear.

*clears throat conspicuously*

Other than Baylor, my dream-caliber schools would be OU, since I grew up a Sooner fan and loved going to games in Norman as a kid, and maybe Tulsa, since it's my hometown. 

npklemm, TuscanSota and ChicagoTed1 like this