Week 3 South Carolina Gamecocks Press Conference

Final Score 

UMass Minutemen - 0 (0-2)

@

South Carolina Gamecocks - 58 (1-2)

Player of the Game

Milo Condon, SCAR, 20 of 29 for 309 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT 8 for 93 yards, 1 TD

maxresdefault.jpg

"Well first and most importantly... didn't Milo put on a show out there today. Coming into this year I really hoped he would step up as a leader, and I think today was him showing his true potential. I'd like to thank these boys for coming out here today and playing an amazing game for the full 60 minutes. Getting my first win as a CFBHC coach, and doing it in fashion. I feel like those first two weeks this new coaching staff were working together to really find what works, and you guys can see the results of us getting it done. Milo throwing for over 300 yards and averaging over 10 yards a run this week really impressed me. Like I've said we were always worried about his ball security, but this year has been different for him. I'm really at a loss for words.. *looks at stat sheet*  these guys all the way down the board really showed me something this week. 

But these celebrations are going to have to be short-lived. Next week we're finishing up our 3 week home stretch here at Williams-Brice Stadium, and taking on a Wake Forest team coming off their first win last Thursday.. I was watching their game against North Texas at my house with the staff, my wife insisted we have them over for dinner. So we all got a good look at this team.. I think we're gonna have to watch out for Oscar Sanderson. He's already at 4 TD's in 2 games, but we plan to lock him down. Our defense got the shut out this week, and they were all celebrating their great performance, which I think is good for them. They definitely deserved it. If we're able to shut down Sanderson, I don't see a way for Wake to win this game over us. I think our first two games, despite them being losses, really got our guys playing a whole lot harder. I mean you saw what FSU did to UMass last week, our numbers were close to up there with them.

Anyways I know these guys are going to keep working hard continuing into this week. Milo is really showing to be a true duel threat, and I think our offense is dynamic enough to where if one guy has a bad night, someone else is going to step up in their place. There were a lot of questions about Sean and Kenny's playmaking ability, but if we can keep this up I'm excited to see where this team will go.

The floor is now open to questions"

joedchi, TazerMan and Jieret like this