Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noodlz2

[2020] - Houston Cougars Week 7 Post Game Press Conference

3 posts in this topic

2020 Week 7 Post Game Press Conference

Navy (0-5, 0-3 American vs. Houston (4-2, 2-1 American)
TDECU Stadium Houston, Texas - Thursday 7:45 PM CT

Image result for houston navy football 2016

Houston Head Coach Noodlz2

Opening Statement

"It's been awhile since I've come out and had a press conference. We've had a roller coaster of a ride the last couple of weeks. Going from a big win against ECU, to a disappointing loss to say the least against Tulane, and then a close game with Navy this past week. I'm happy we bounced back from the loss last week and came out with a W this week. I'm glad the coaching staff has another bye week to make some adjustments to gear up for a very good Temple team and focus on recruiting a little bit more."

On Quarterback play and the rest of the offense..

Every coach wants their quarterback to be Heisman material, he's still young and has to develop. He's not doing bad, but he most definitely can start to rally this offense around him as we get into the second half of our schedule. The competition is only going to get tougher as the season draws to a close and we're going to need our offense to be at it's peak performance. The rest of the offense has to do there part to take the pressure off of a young quarterback and I don't feel like that's being done 100% of the time.

Jieret, Weeze56m, TuscanSota and 1 other like this

Coach TuscanSota of the Baylor Bears,

As a former coach of the Cougars, I just wanted to compliment you on how you're doing so far this season. The Coogs have been on an up and down slope since I last left, but it looks like they're doing decent right now.

How are the recruiting efforts going so far for the Cougars this season? What are your thoughts?

noodlz2 likes this

10 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

Coach TuscanSota of the Baylor Bears,

As a former coach of the Cougars, I just wanted to compliment you on how you're doing so far this season. The Coogs have been on an up and down slope since I last left, but it looks like they're doing decent right now.

How are the recruiting efforts going so far for the Cougars this season? What are your thoughts?

Thanks Coach a big part of our success as of now is running an offense that suits our strengths and especially a defense that hides our weaknesses due to past recruiting classes.

Recruiting based on our ranking looks as if we're doing poorly, but we've landed some commits with talent that most definitely will be starters when this young team hits it's rebuilding year. With our team needs being fit we can begin to put more of our efforts towards 1 or 2 guys we think can make an impact in this program.

TuscanSota likes this