Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheLiberator

[2020] Army Black Knights 7th week press confrence

3 posts in this topic

I want to start by taking you to last year, before I started here as coach. It was week 7, FNF, and we had just lost our 5th game in a row that year. Army went on to win 1 game that year to go 1-11. This year has been a bit different. The close games have gone in our favor and we finally have won one that was by more than 7 points. I would confidently say that we will get another win and a spot in a bowl game this year. But we have to look higher than this, our goal at the beginning of the season was to get the team to a bowl game. Now that we are about to do that we are going to set the bar higher. We play two teams that are currently ranked as of this press conference this season, UCF and, our rival service academy, Air Force. WE are the only service academy to never be ranked. Our goal is to change that by the end of this season. The Black Knights are going to show these pollsters that we are a team that deserves to be considered one of the best in the nation.

I wanna take a minute here to recognize some of our star players because these boys deserve it. Caleb [Leggett] and Jamir [Hurt-Braxton ] have been an amazing duo running the ball and I couldn't be more proud of these guys. Caleb keeps putting up more and more yards through the air and a good chunk of them are going to Bill [Mueller] who just passed 300 yards for the year in this game by my count.  On defense Ayden [Whitaker] has been stepping up the past couple weeks, he made 2 interceptions last week after we made some changes in the gameplan that seemed to get him more involved in the game. Nik[olas Gleason] has been an absolute madman on the field and is getting to the QB faster than you would think possible for a guy that is 317 pounds. Last but not least is Blake Raines, that's a name that seems to be coming up every week here! He is sacking the QB, he is getting interceptions, I couldn't ask more from the kid and he may have the talent to go to the next level.

I've taken up enough of your time rambling here, if anyone has any questions I am open to them.

9 minutes ago, Carl345 said:

Coach how have the players bought in to the system and playing style u brought in. 

All I can say is look at the results. We didn't change a lot from how things were when I got here. These guys had the talent and were almost at this level last year. I think it was a leadership problem, no strong coaching staff behind the team. We fine tuned some things and had some guys step up but yes they have bought into the system.

Carl345 likes this