cmcgill

Texans General manager cmcgill to Step Down, Head Coach Rome to Take Over

9 posts in this topic

460344259.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

HOUSTON — Early this afternoon the owner/general manager of the Houston Texans, cmcgill, stood in front of reporters at the team's facilities to announce he has resigned from the general manager position to focus solely on his ownership role. The head coach, Rome, will immediately take over the general management of the team in addition to remaining head coach. 

cmcgill has been the general manager of the franchise since the inaugural season in 2014 and bought the team not long after. However, in his opening statement, he claimed that "this franchise has yet to live up to the expectations we set for ourselves nor the expectations of our fans." He later claimed that "the failure of recent moves to move this franchise in a positive direction has made clear the need for a change."

When asked about the decision to hire Rome in his place cmcgill said, "I have full faith in Rome to right the ship and have this team competing sooner than many think. It will take a little patience from all of us to allow time to get back on track, but Rome has me convinced he can to do just that." 

Pressed for more information about the change cmcgill said that he will remain a part of the decision-making process and still be active in the franchise's day to day activities, but that Rome will from now on have final say on all personnel decisions.

npklemm, SageBow, UBL and 4 others like this

In all seriousness, major respect to McGill. He's expressed serious frustration about his tenure as General Manager and I realize how much it must kill him to step down at this point. This is an admittance of failure that we don't often see on this site. I am honored and flattered by his trust in me to take over this franchise from a personnel standpoint. It's a lot of weight to take over this franchise at this point and turn it into a winner. I look forward to the challenge, however.

And on that note, we're basically open for business. While trading is done until the Super Bowl is over, there is only 4 players on this team that are untouchable; These players include Leshoure, White, Scarborough, and Fulton. Anyone else is available at the right price.

believer, cmcgill and SageBow like this

Each man's death diminishes me.

For am I involved in mankind.

Therefore, send not to know

For whom the bell tolls,

It tolls for thee.

cmcgill and DStack11 like this

I know from experience that McGill is a great owner. I thought he was a pretty damn solid Gm too. 

Congrats and Best of luck in the expanded role, Rome. :)

cmcgill likes this