Jump to content

Pope, Eric, the Second

#7 Oklahoma QB Eric Pope reclaimed his starting job, and proceeded to go 25/36 for 343 yards and 4 TD as Oklahoma routed Texas 52-13.

Devy Flexes His Guns in Miami

The Saints pull the upset over Miami. Saints QB Aaron Devereaux threw for 3 TD as the New Orleans defense held Miami to 5 rushing yards in the 31-27 victory.

Meep Meep

UTSA snaps #11 Rice's 26-game winning streak in CUSA games with a decisive 31-20 road victory. QB Justin Radford threw for 208 yards and had 3 total TDs.

Foster: Chicagoan for QB

Bears QB Mohammed Foster has come into his own as the team has jumped to a 6-3 start. Foster put up 102 on the ground, including a 45-yard TD, in a 20-10 victory over LA.
  • Shoutbox

    Shoutbox

    Please enter your display name

TuscanSota

Tuscan's Guide to Crooting and of the Like [Part 1]

Recommended Posts

I've found that excel sheets work better, especially since I havent had access to a computer in 3 months. The planning ahead is definitely a big step in crooting. Also pretty much every team on the top battles list has been punished with classes worse than they could have gotten.  Teams like unc got enamored by a 5.0 potential qb and are probably gonna lose that battle and still only end up with 1 4.0 potential player in this class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darman said:

I've found that excel sheets work better, especially since I havent had access to a computer in 3 months. The planning ahead is definitely a big step in crooting. Also pretty much every team on the top battles list has been punished with classes worse than they could have gotten.  Teams like unc got enamored by a 5.0 potential qb and are probably gonna lose that battle and still only end up with 1 4.0 potential player in this class. 

Do you have any recommendations for an excel sheet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owensr37 said:

Do you have any recommendations for an excel sheet?

I have used a pretty in depth spreadsheet last couple seasons. But this season I went very in depth because I was gonna be in tennessee all summer and not as active on the site. I pretty much wanted to try to predict what players were easy marks based on what I thought my regional opposition was going after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a very in depth spreadsheet for my recruiting... I track the top school by week so I can figure out who is putting points on who, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should probably make a spreadsheet for next season instead of having a basic plan and going for whoever I felt like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very informative and thanks for making this Tuscan!

 

Wonderbreads Recruiting method: 1q6ta6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

I use a very in depth spreadsheet for my recruiting... I track the top school by week so I can figure out who is putting points on who, etc.

Thats something I'm gonna do next season when I have access to a computer more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TazerMan said:

I should probably make a spreadsheet for next season instead of having a basic plan and going for whoever I felt like...

There are plenty of people around who you can use to bounce ideas off for recruiting. One of my favorite things to do is talk recruiting theory with certain people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darman said:

There are plenty of people around who you can use to bounce ideas off for recruiting. One of my favorite things to do is talk recruiting theory with certain people 

 

I love talking recruiting. Unfortunately ur kinda tight with my biggest rival lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Darman said:

There are plenty of people around who you can use to bounce ideas off for recruiting. One of my favorite things to do is talk recruiting theory with certain people 

Yeah I have done a bit, but I think I could be more prepared for the coming seasons, and I could have been considerably more efficient this season. I think its okay to make some mistakes early on, as long as I learn from them. I would be open to talking more about recruiting theory with more people, but its hard with timezone differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TazerMan said:

Yeah I have done a bit, but I think I could be more prepared for the coming seasons, and I could have been considerably more efficient this season. I think its okay to make some mistakes early on, as long as I learn from them. I would be open to talking more about recruiting theory with more people, but its hard with timezone differences.

 

What time zone are you in? Hit me up if u ever wanna talk recruiting. My classes aren't great but I think I do a prettt good job considering the points I get and my location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pointers I could add:

1.  Look for areas with large numbers of recruits, and pick off lower players while the home state schools fight for the high end guys.  Sure, Florida and Texas are the obvious examples from this season, but they're far from the only states where recruit density is much more than school density.   

 

2.  You get one "star" recruit per season.  Unless an in-state school also picks that player (and you can see on the interface who each school picked as their star recruit) you are nearly unbeatable for that player.  It's hardly worth a team investing enough points to beat you for that player.  So make it a good one.  Using that resource on a 4.0 TE is a huge waste.  

 

3.  Collusion sucks.  But it's unavoidable, and you should do it if needed.  You can't trust anybody, but you can influence them.   

4.  Replacing a player every 4 years is not good enough.   You should be recruiting each position every 3 years.  If you figure there are 27 starters (22 offense/defense, plus K/P/KR/PR/LS), that's 9 starters per year.   Until you're pulling in top classes, you really need depth.  Get a LOT of 3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 players.  It's better to have a 3.0/3.0 senior starting than a 1.0/5.0 freshman.  

 

5.  Get lucky.  Luck plays a big role in recruiting.   One of my best recruits, a Sophomore JUCO RB named Marcus Williams (who now plays for the Seahawks), popped up 20 miles from my campus when I pretty badly needed a RB.   Sometimes lucky is better than good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

 

What time zone are you in? Hit me up if u ever wanna talk recruiting. My classes aren't great but I think I do a prettt good job considering the points I get and my location. 

UTC +9:30 (ACST). I'd love to if you are willing, I am in a similar if not worse situation so it'd be good if we could discuss and bounce ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

teams such as West Virginia, Army, and Southern Miss

I'm famous!

 

10 hours ago, Wonderbread said:

Very informative and thanks for making this Tuscan!

 

Wonderbreads Recruiting method: 1q6ta6.gif

I see we have similar strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kwheele said:

is there a link to the second part of this?

 

This crooting guide is a little out of date

This is the most recent one: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...