Hail to the Lion

Penn State celebrates an East Division championship and a Land Grant Trophy win with their crushing defeat of Michigan State.

All-American: UCF cruises by USF to 12-0

UCF easily handles USF to win the East division of the AAC.
npklemm

[2021] Virginia Special Conference

newaccbrand.jpg

Good Afternoon. Thank you all for coming on short notice. Our season didn't end the way we wanted it to, and the blame falls on me and the rest of the coaching staff. We didn't do our job in preparing the players for the Game against UCF and it shows. 

I have decided at this time that a change in careers is necessary. I am resigning from the University of Virginia effective immediately. This decision does not stem from the result of the game, I want that to be clear. I made this decision a couple of weeks ago when my Alma Mater lost it's coach to the CUSA. I have decided to go home and coach the Ball State University Football Team.

I'm incredibly excited for this adventure, but I am also sad. Sad to be leaving UVA and the ACC. I have been here for 7.5 seasons now and this team is completely mine. I have recruited every single one of these kids to this program. I am incredibly proud of what we achieved this season and last, and over the course of my time here. 

I wanted to go to Ball State now for a couple of reasons. First, it was available. Second, UVA is young and has a ton of promise and I think the time is right for someone else to come in and shape the program.

I have quite a few people to thank, so I'll get into that.

Fellow ACC Coaches:

All, I left a little note in the private forum, but I thought I might expand on that here.

@Jumbo - You have dominated me. But your game was always a benchmark for me to tell me how I'm doing. You are a great guy and I have enjoyed shitboxing with you as a fellow ACC member.

@ImposterCauster - You are incredibly dedicated, smart, and passionate. You were the best candidate for Commissioner this season and I know the conference will be fun as long as you stick around.

@Darman - 7-0. But, that 1 is coming sooner rather than later. It's going to be fun watching your team grow in the next few seasons. 

@Broletariat - We have been cross division rivals for a while now. And you always seem to find a way to fucking surprise me, including this season. Keep building, you've really got something growing there in Louisville.

@Brightfalls - We have had some battles, both on the field and in the recruiting trail. You aren't close to predictable and have stumped me on more than one occasion. Thanks for being a great rival.

@Dstak11 - You were one of my big hires at FSU, and even though you had a down season this year. I know you'll be back on top in no time. 

@smokingcricket - I brought you in for BC, with a little bit of controversy. But you have proven to be a great hire and I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

@Emperor_of_Orange - Wow, I forgot you in the original post. I have no clue how. You are probably the best coach in the Conference, and a hell of a guy. Let's meet in the playoffs some time.

With that said, I am now available for questions. 

As commissioner of the ACC, I'd like to personally thank npklemm for his hard work and dedication both to the University of Virginia and to the Atlantic Coast Conference. He's been an absolute joy to work with these past two seasons and I wish him nothing but the absolute best moving forward in Muncie. Klemm is a great coach and a better friend, and I hope the Mid-American Conference treats him very well.

18 hours ago, ChicagoTed1 said:

Chicago Ted, Daily Oklahoman

Coach Klemm, do you think your players flat performance in the playoffs stem from you making the decision to move to Ball State two weeks ago?

Mr. Ted, that is incredibly incorrect and excruciatingly offensive. We lost that game because the coaching staff (which includes me) did a poor job getting our kids ready for UCF and UCF is one hell of a football team. That's why we lost, UCF beat us and we didn't prepare well for them. How dare you.