T-C-U BETTER BELIEVE IT

#3 TCU took on #5 LSU this weekend and let everyone know that the Horned Frogs are legit. It was a defensive struggle but TCU was able to come out on top 13-10.

THE BUC STOPS HERE

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't give Christian Skaggs any break Sunday, sacking the QB 6 times. The offense did their part behind QB Taylor Heiden and rookie RB DeNorris Jackson and came away with a 28-21 win.

DREAM KILLERS?

A top 15 matchup between the #11 Toledo Rockets and #15 Florida Gators ended in heartbreak for the Rockets. Florida managed to pull out the 25-22 win on the road. Anyone doubting either team was put on notice.

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

The Green Bay Packers have raced to a 5-0 start after beating the 2-2 Seattle Seahawks. This game was very banner worthy which is why it is on here. I wonder if anyone can "catch" the Green Bay Packers, or maybe "intercept" them? No no, definitely catch.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (32836) . Darman (30770) . Soluna (26293) . stormstopper (19354) . npklemm (17808) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    bingo415

[2021] Pre-Week 1 Power Rankings

5 hours ago, bingo415 said:

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Like their NFC South brothers in New Orleans, the Bucs appear to ready for a little renaissance as well. How much of a bump up will depend on how much Weeze56m relies on DNJ to take the heat off of Taylor Heiden. It really is Heiden’s put up or shut up year. Can he will this team back to respectability? Will he allow Jackson to help? Can the defense, which still has unreal talent in places, stiffen up and stop letting folks walk all over them? Says here the Bucs have a nice year. I sure hope so.

<3 This is probably the first post i've ever seen that wasn't "lolololol bucs". My hope is to be near, or above 15 this season. If we can do that, then that means we are headed where we need to.

5 hours ago, bingo415 said:

6.     Carolina Panthers

The Panthers did…basically nothing this offseason, choosing to go for broke with the unified team that lead them to the #1 seed in the loaded NFC last year. Losing Rice will hurt, no doubt, but Skaggs finally got the Playoff Win monkey off his back. Will that free him up to be EVEN MORE SKAGGS? Is that even possible? While the PanthStars are #6 right now, look for them to finish somewhere in the Top 10, but not in the Top 5…(hot take).

Except for trading for Darren Manning and Seaverns

7 hours ago, bingo415 said:

18. Houston Texans

Rome, in his ever-tinkering fashion, has his hands on some seriously impressive chess pieces. Can he put together the right series of moves to deliver what cmcgill is looking for in Houston: the Playoffs? Here’s guessing the answer to that question is “yes…eventually.” I see 9-7 for the Texans, with their incredibly tough division slate hindering what will otherwise be a solid campaign. Leshoure for MVP…in 2025.

Buy a lottery ticket. More likely to be right.

4 hours ago, Weeze56m said:

<3 This is probably the first post i've ever seen that wasn't "lolololol bucs". My hope is to be near, or above 15 this season. If we can do that, then that means we are headed where we need to.

Outside of the bottom 4 teams, bingo is high on literally every team. :)

Bills Only write-up (because I chickened out of it in the main post). Thank you for suggesting this, @ndunkelbarger69.

30. Buffalo Bills

Much like the New England Patriots--their division mates, and likely challengers for the basement of said division--the Buffalo Bills have some intriguing pieces with which to attempt a franchise resurrection. Adding Kamau Davis should steady the ship on offense, from the indecisive quarterback rotation of past seasons. But that bright decision is clouded by two issues: an aging and ultimately talent-deficient offensive line, and the bizarre depth chart rotation of Wide Receivers. Why have Kevin Garvin as your #1 over Tyron Chambers (perfectly suited as an outside threat) or Isaiah Cronin? Garvin should be the slot man possession guy, end of story. The defense still has fantastic bookends rushing the passer in Galbreath and Ortiz, but Sack City hasn't been the same since Kendall Hill was occupying blockers on the interior of that line, and the Bills are rolling out a rather unimpressive collection of DT talent. The underwhelming roster decisions continue in the back 7 as well: Hernandez stands alone as the stalwart in the linebacking corps, and the defensive secondary is equal parts over-the-hill and devoid of playmakers. Only 1st round pick Sean Taylor stands out as a likely bright spot in the secondary, but again, that is masked by his current standing as the nickel back, despite being the highest rated CB (81). In short, the talent exists (GIVE THE BALL TO DESS, RINSE, REPEAT) for the Bills to have a couple of shiny moments during this coming season. However, since they play the Jets and Dolphins twice each, it's difficult to see how their roster competes with those two teams at all. And, if the depth chart is any indication, the coaching acumen will need to sharply increase to help that mid-level (at best) talent rise above itself for anything resembling a competent season. I see 4-12, maybe an outside shot at 5-11.

55 minutes ago, bingo415 said:

Bills Only write-up (because I chickened out of it in the main post). Thank you for suggesting this, @ndunkelbarger69.

30. Buffalo Bills

Much like the New England Patriots--their division mates, and likely challengers for the basement of said division--the Buffalo Bills have some intriguing pieces with which to attempt a franchise resurrection. Adding Kamau Davis should steady the ship on offense, from the indecisive quarterback rotation of past seasons. But that bright decision is clouded by two issues: an aging and ultimately talent-deficient offensive line, and the bizarre depth chart rotation of Wide Receivers. Why have Kevin Garvin as your #1 over Tyron Chambers (perfectly suited as an outside threat) or Isaiah Cronin? Garvin should be the slot man possession guy, end of story. The defense still has fantastic bookends rushing the passer in Galbreath and Ortiz, but Sack City hasn't been the same since Kendall Hill was occupying blockers on the interior of that line, and the Bills are rolling out a rather unimpressive collection of DT talent. The underwhelming roster decisions continue in the back 7 as well: Hernandez stands alone as the stalwart in the linebacking corps, and the defensive secondary is equal parts over-the-hill and devoid of playmakers. Only 1st round pick Sean Taylor stands out as a likely bright spot in the secondary, but again, that is masked by his current standing as the nickel back, despite being the highest rated CB (81). In short, the talent exists (GIVE THE BALL TO DESS, RINSE, REPEAT) for the Bills to have a couple of shiny moments during this coming season. However, since they play the Jets and Dolphins twice each, it's difficult to see how their roster competes with those two teams at all. And, if the depth chart is any indication, the coaching acumen will need to sharply increase to help that mid-level (at best) talent rise above itself for anything resembling a competent season. I see 4-12, maybe an outside shot at 5-11.

Thank you for this. Definitely some things to think about. WR depth chart is the way it is more because we don’t want to expose Chambers to CB1s quite yet and we want the speed in the slot with Cronin... I know might be dumb decision. Taylor also because we feel he is too raw to deal with dominating WRs and don’t want to crush his development.

Thank you for this Bingo. Much appreciated 

24 minutes ago, ndunkelbarger69 said:

Thank you for this. Definitely some things to think about. WR depth chart is the way it is more because we don’t want to expose Chambers to CB1s quite yet and we want the speed in the slot with Cronin... I know might be dumb decision. Taylor also because we feel he is too raw to deal with dominating WRs and don’t want to crush his development.

Thank you for this Bingo. Much appreciated 

Out of likes, so...you're welcome and I appreciate your honest answers posed by my questions. I'm not trying to be harsh, just 'critical' in the journalistic sense (sense the music major :) ). So, I hope you took it in that spirit...

Thanks for this.

But I do find it amusing that almost everyone is "underrated".  We should have about 25 teams in the Top 15. ;)

Looking forward to another season, the first with the Chargers under this organizational structure.  Only going up from here.

15 minutes ago, bingo415 said:

Out of likes, so...you're welcome and I appreciate your honest answers posed by my questions. I'm not trying to be harsh, just 'critical' in the journalistic sense (sense the music major :) ). So, I hope you took it in that spirit...

I completely did!! I appreciate the honesty! I never take it bad!