Trading East Coast for West Coast

Wide Receiver Greg Cobb has decided to take his services to Los Angeles after signing a 4 year, $59.75 deal with the Chargers.

Blowing into Town

The Windy City has gained a super star after former Cowboys running back Vaughan Abraham joins the Bears signing a 3 year, $42.5 million contract.

Shored Up

Bob Ballard, formerly of the Jets, will be improving the Texans defense after Houston wrangled him away from potential contracts with both the Jaguars and Giants.
    Chatbox -
    Soluna (4130) . Rome (3086) . grv413 (2690) . deandean1998 (2111) . Darman (1954) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Jumbo

[2021] Week 6 Pac-12 Power Rankings

Not too much going on this week due to byes, but some movements occur around the top.

12. :stanford: Stanford Cardinal (0-4, 0-3 PAC) --

11. :cal: California Golden Bears (0-4, 0-2 PAC) --

10. :wsu: Washington State Cougars (2-2, 1-1 PAC) --

9. :usc: USC Trojans (1-3, 1-1 PAC) --

All four were on bye, so not much going on there. Stanford has the toughest test, facing an incredibly hot Utah team on the road, so I'd expect them to stay in the basement for now. Cal travels to Washington in a potentially winnable game if Jake Davis falters. Wazzu is at Clemson, and I don't expect them to win that one. USC hosts Oregon, and as long as Marc Lockwood is out this offense probably can't function well enough to win.

8. :uw: Washington Huskies (2-3, 1-3 PAC) --

Oregon State is good now? I'm still not wholly convinced, but Washington lost by 15 at home to the Beavs. Jake Davis was just alright, the running game wasn't the focus and still couldn't get anything going, and the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. If they can't beat Cal this week going into a bye, their bowl chances look really bad. If they can win, there are definitely at least 3 winnable games left on the schedule. It's somewhat of a crucial turning point coming off of 3 consecutive losses.

Next: vs Cal

7. :colorado: Colorado Buffaloes (3-1, 1-1 PAC) --

The Buffs were on bye this week. Based on their wins being bad and their only loss being to a team that I'd call passable at best, I think the Buffs will begin to tumble down the rankings as they begin playing more PAC South teams. A loss this week is almost certainly coming as Arizona looks for a bounceback game, and outside of games vs Marshall and Cal (I'm assuming USC will be decent when the QB comes back) I don't think the Buffs will be favored in a single remaining game. A bowl is definitely in sight, but past that I'm not so sure, especially if Latavious Murray can't stave off the injury big.

Next: vs Arizona

6. :asu: Arizona State Sun Devils (2-2, 2-1 PAC) --

The Devils went strong into the bye coming off of a win against Colorado. Still, they've beaten two of the worst teams in the conference and their conference loss is to a team that currently only has one win. After a winnable game this week, they're probably underdogs in their next four games. This is a dangerous team that could easily pull off an upset or two if the defense shows up, though.

Next: vs Northern Illinois

5. :oregon: #22 Oregon Ducks (3-1, 2-1 PAC) ↓1

Oregon is still a really good team, and was on bye this past week; they only move down due to the performance of another team. They only squeaked past a Washington team in their last team that just got dominated by cross-state rivals Oregon State and that moves them down. They should win this week against QB-less USC and follow that up with 4 games they should also win. Their last two against Utah and at Oregon State certainly determine the outcome of this season, but they're likely a 10-win team when it's all said and done.

Next: @ USC

4. :ucla: UCLA Bruins (2-2, 1-2 PAC) ↓1

The Bruins easily put away last year's FCS Champs EWU 42-10 behind a solid air attack from Steven Gore; the fact that the running game couldn't even muster 4 YPC, and was 6 rushes for 7 yards besides a fluky TD run is a bit troubling. They get another matchup in UTSA this week that they should win; but the Roadrunners do have sneaky talent. If this was a road game I'd be a bit more troubled, but the Bruins should take care of business at home.

Next: vs UTSA

3. :orst: Oregon State Beavers (5-0, 3-0 PAC) ↑2

The Beavs have officially shown up this season. The team's first bowl since their inaugural 2014 season is all but clinched, and one more win matches that team's OSU record of 6 wins in a season. This team plays UMass at home soon, so they'll at least tie the record, and I think they'll blaze past that. Credit to the revolving door of coaches thus far. The team's performance this week convinced me that they're here to stay - and it's impressive when you consider they've had 3 coaches already. A win against Colorado this week guarantees their second bowl, and even if that fails they should win at California the following week. In the event that fails, a win against UMass at home should do it.

Next: vs Colorado

2. :zona: #12 Arizona Wildcats (4-1, 3-1 PAC) ↓1

A close call for the Wildcats this week, but an injury to Shane Strong caused them to falter in a close loss to Utah. The defense could not stop Donald Culver and backup RB Jonah Mobley was bad; even still, a 3-point loss isn't that bad... though it was at home. Arizona is still a playoff contender if they win out, and maybe even if they suffer another loss (as long as they win the PAC). However, I have a hard time seeing them winning their division now, let alone the conference. Outside of a trip to Oregon State, the remaining schedule is laughably easy and this team will almost certainly hit 10 wins. But the loss this week really hurts this team's aspirations. I expect them to inflict revenge on Colorado this week.

Next: @ Colorado

1. :utah: #14 Utah Utes (5-0, 4-0 PAC) ↑1

Congratulations are in order to coach owensr37; I really didn't expect the Utes to pull this one off. Sure, Shane Strong was injured, but the defense held up and Donald Culver did just enough against an impressive Wildcats defense to pull off the victory. The Utes have now defeated all of their main competition in the PAC South already (their only remaining division games are @ASU and vs Colorado, both of which they should win). Even with games against Oregon State and Oregon remaining, they should be able to take at least one. The Utes are officially now national contenders - as long as Donald Culver stays healthy.

Next: vs Stanford