Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2715) . Darman (2467) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2196) . npklemm (1916) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    Darman

Sports Video Games

There are sports video games that I love very much and have spent many hours on. There are sporrs games I hate that I spent many hours on. What I'm curious of is what sports video games you all really like, and some that you may hate.

My favorites, NBA 2k12/13, Espn NFL 2k5, backyard baseball 2001, backyard football, NFL Street. Madden 04 (Mike Vick is the GOAT sports video game athlete), I also remember a nhl game where you could turn into Wayne Gretzky at points, but I can never find the name of it while looking. Fifa is usually a good game but I don't have like a favorite. Nascar Thunder is also on my list @stormstopperknows why.

Least favorites, the newer Madden games are trash imo. Nba the inside is possibly the worst video game ever made. NHL 15 was bad too

I know baseball is not hugely popular in this community, but baseball has 2 of the best sports video games of all time in MLB the Show and Out Of The Park Baseball. I also love 2k for myLeague simulations, and have spent wayyyy too many hours rebuilding the Nets, though the rest of the game is trash. 

Also I still play NCAA 14 on a regular basis, as it is still so much better than even the newer maddens its crazy. In some ways I worry that if they do bring it back it will be with the same crappy gameplay as madden and I would not be into it as much.

I would kill a lot of people for an NFL street remake.

Right now I love NBA2k, the career mode is a huge grindfest but franchise mode has gotten crazy in depth and I spend hours just designing expansion teams in that game. 

Im dying for Madden to catch up to a lot of the sports games in their franchise mode because I love football gameplay but I get bored after 3 seasons in Madden.

i think the all around best sports game right now is MLB the Show. Great career mode, great franchise mode, graphics are pretty good, and they’ve started adding the little things that really improve the presentation (Rain delays, shitty attendance when your team sucks or it’s a Tuesday or some shit) I love little details like that.

As for college games, I still play NCAA 14 every once in awhile but still dream of a new one. It sucks that College Hoops is way past being playable, that was probably my favorite sports game of all time.

I'd kill for a new NCAA. Hell, I'd pay a ton of money just to get it backwards compatible on PS4 or Xbone since I'm not going to dig out and hook up my old 360 just to play it. But all this legal stuff is so annoying.

Love the NBA 2k series, and a new NBA Street would be a blast.

23 minutes ago, fever_ful said:

I know baseball is not hugely popular in this community, but baseball has 2 of the best sports video games of all time in MLB the Show and Out Of The Park Baseball. I also love 2k for myLeague simulations, and have spent wayyyy too many hours rebuilding the Nets, though the rest of the game is trash. 

Also I still play NCAA 14 on a regular basis, as it is still so much better than even the newer maddens its crazy. In some ways I worry that if they do bring it back it will be with the same crappy gameplay as madden and I would not be into it as much.

Its not discussed as much, but baseball is still very popular with a large portion of the userbase.  Seconding The Show as a great game.  Only sports game I own at the moment after selling my Xbox and converting back to Playstation full time.

If you really like customizing things and want an entirely average football game, pick up a copy of Backbreaker (but don't pay more than $5). With no NFL license it was doomed to fail, but you can design your own helmet logos and end zone logos and it's pretty solid for doing that type of thing. I don't think I've played in 7 or 8 years, so I can't remember a ton of features, but if I remember right there were only season modes and not dynastys or anything, which wasn't a positive. Had "realistic" passing for a console game, much less arcadey than Madden. 

I also played the shit out of the first EA Sports Arena Football game, had all the arena teams including the "Kansas City KC" or something as a placeholder because Kansas hasn't named their team by the time they were done with the game. Want to tackle a player after a play without a flag? It was possible. Want to accidentally dive over the perimeter board by standing too close and trying to dive for a ball carrier? Entirely and aggravatingly possible. Colorado Crush for life.

I also played Backyard Football on PC, the one with Favre/Barry Sanders/Randall Cunningham, I think it was Windows 95 or 98. Got Backyard Baseball out of a cereal box, LOVED IT, my mom found the football version for like $4.99 at staples, and played it til that computer finally died in around 2009. The Vikings might not have any Super Bowls, but they're like 15× back to back Super Collosical Cereal Bowl champs. 

I have too many hours in NCAA 14. I still play NBA Live 2000 from time to time.

I've found the NBA 2K Series to be insanely overrated. Movement is awful and the mechanics just don't seem to work.

I've tried games like OOTP and Football Manager, but I just can't get into them.

2 hours ago, fever_ful said:

MVP Baseball 2005 is the greatest baseball game of all time.

I also really miss the NCAA series for all sports, they were frustrating but fun. NASCAR Dirt to Daytona is incredible as well but I've got a soft spot for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season on PC, first game I played for well over 1000 hours. Backyard Soccer is one of the most fun soccer games ever.

2 hours ago, neovenator250 said:

Its not discussed as much, but baseball is still very popular with a large portion of the userbase.  Seconding The Show as a great game.  Only sports game I own at the moment after selling my Xbox and converting back to Playstation full time.

I tried doing this, I need to be more convinced. I love replaying the MCC too much to switch (back) to PS4 but I want to play The Show so damn much.

3 hours ago, SlinkyJr said:

I would kill a lot of people for an NFL street remake.

Right now I love NBA2k, the career mode is a huge grindfest but franchise mode has gotten crazy in depth and I spend hours just designing expansion teams in that game. 

Im dying for Madden to catch up to a lot of the sports games in their franchise mode because I love football gameplay but I get bored after 3 seasons in Madden.

i think the all around best sports game right now is MLB the Show. Great career mode, great franchise mode, graphics are pretty good, and they’ve started adding the little things that really improve the presentation (Rain delays, shitty attendance when your team sucks or it’s a Tuesday or some shit) I love little details like that.

As for college games, I still play NCAA 14 every once in awhile but still dream of a new one. It sucks that College Hoops is way past being playable, that was probably my favorite sports game of all time.

The Show is the number 1 reason I have a PS4 over an xbox. I missed it so much when I had an xbox 360

2 hours ago, Soluna said:

I have something around 3000-4000 hours in Football Manager, best sports game no question.

I've never tried any of those more simulation games yet. I really need to. I enjoy the team building aspect in most games more than playing the games

I play a ton of NBA 2k18, my player and myleague. Some madden here and there just to satisfy my football cravings sometimes. I want a college football game again, rip NCAA