Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2715) . Darman (2467) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2196) . npklemm (1916) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Darman

Site Circle Games

Every team has it's traditional rivals. Like Duke UNC, Bama Auburn, Notre Dame and just about everyone. But in my opinion, there are games that almost matter more especially on this site. 

Duke was a peasant program always looking to rise up, and there were a couple of programs that I always called my circle games on the schedule. These were games that I circled on my calendar from day 1 of the schedule. These could be personal rivalries or even games against friends. But for me the most important circle games on my schedule, were games versus 2 teams and coaches I could never beat. 

Virginia and Pittsburgh always beat me. Literally. Under @npklemmand @Jumbo they always had my number. And when Duke started getting better, I became hungrier to beat them. 

Of course I have respect for @beeznik and @TheLiberator, but it is one of my biggest disappointments that I never beat klemm and Jumbo at UVA and Pitt. Last season I thought I had a chance and disappointed. This year I beat Pitt and UVA on down years for their programs and while it did give me joy, the joy I felt was more for marching on to bowl eligibility and to keep me in a position to win my division.

So I was curious if other people had opponents like that, even in situations where it wasn't as lopsided as Duke/Me versus Pitt/Jumbo and UVA/Klemm.

I'm still salty as fuck about Arizona State because they went 6-0/7-0 against Colorado. It was insane. I played them thrice and lost each time. Hated it.

I'm fairly sure most of the teams I've played this season had no coach or technically did, but their coach was on the 14-day timer anyway. So, not yet. It'd be neat to have a rivalry that I could schedule every year outside UNM and UTEP though.

At Kansas State the game I circled was when @stormstopper came to town. Mostly just because we recruit the same turf and because he said we weren’t rivals. 

Then I circled games against @TuscanSota and @smckenz3 because we talked a lot outside of the site. 

Ive only been at OU for 3 weeks so far and don’t really have new rivals but I’m sure bedlam will be one of those games. 

3 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

At Kansas State the game I circled was when @stormstopper came to town. Mostly just because we recruit the same turf and because he said we weren’t rivals. 

Then I circled games against @TuscanSota and @smckenz3 because we talked a lot outside of the site. 

Ive only been at OU for 3 weeks so far and don’t really have new rivals but I’m sure bedlam will be one of those games. 

Ironically, I was actually about to say Oklahoma. When I came in for 2014, they were obviously the big target. We went to their place when they were #8 in the country, doubled 'em up, and ever since then it's always been an intense game with a lot of hype to it. We were the two most consistently good teams in the old Big XII North, so that game carried implications every time. I'm not sure at what point it became a rivalry, but I truly see it as one. Missouri's the traditional rivalry, but Oklahoma's the game that's always mattered the most. (And beating Kansas State is just business :P)

I also circle TCU because Danger and I have been going back and forth for years on end now. Took him quite a few tries to one on me, but now I'm the one playing catch-up.

10 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I'm fairly sure most of the teams I've played this season had no coach or technically did, but their coach was on the 14-day timer anyway. So, not yet. It'd be neat to have a rivalry that I could schedule every year outside UNM and UTEP though.

Your rival should be Liberty.

in real life, NMSU and Liberty play twice this season.  Besides that - the talent level for the two of you is similar (for now, anyway)

11 hours ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Hey I've been lame shit-talking you since I got the job but you haven't been responding to my rivalry request.

bitch.

7 minutes ago, ZackTyzwyz said:

Hey I've been lame shit-talking you since I got the job but you haven't been responding to my rivalry request.

bitch.

I’ve just been putting it all up in the bulletin board for the team. We aren’t scared of a team we have a 7-1 all time record against.

10 hours ago, stormstopper said:

Ironically, I was actually about to say Oklahoma

Kansas is the only team OU is below .500 against. Until we get back over .500 that’s a definite circle game

6 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

I’ve just been putting it all up in the bulletin board for the team. We aren’t scared of a team we have a 7-1 all time record against.

As far as I’m concerned we have an 0-0 record against each other. Texas was 6-1 against OSU before last weekend too. The past is the past. 

Yeah the Big XII has changed so much this year it’s all kind of up in the air. I also don’t really feel like it’s “my team” until the start of next season when My roster has some of my recruits and I start from week 1. 

10 hours ago, stormstopper said:

Ironically, I was actually about to say Oklahoma. When I came in for 2014, they were obviously the big target. We went to their place when they were #8 in the country, doubled 'em up, and ever since then it's always been an intense game with a lot of hype to it. We were the two most consistently good teams in the old Big XII North, so that game carried implications every time. I'm not sure at what point it became a rivalry, but I truly see it as one. Missouri's the traditional rivalry, but Oklahoma's the game that's always mattered the most. (And beating Kansas State is just business :P)

I also circle TCU because Danger and I have been going back and forth for years on end now. Took him quite a few tries to one on me, but now I'm the one playing catch-up.

Yup, Kansas is definitely the number one for me. 

Texas is up there, too, but they haven't been as frustrating of an opponent as Kansas. At least I had SOME wins against them until last year.

This is my second year at ND but I do value the IRL rivalries.  I've played Purdue, Stanford, and BC both years.  USC didn't align this year with scheduling and we played Navy this year.  Plus trying to get the 5 game ACC slate, that only leaves a couple openings.  So all the IRL rivalry games are circle games for me.

1 hour ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Yeah the Big XII has changed so much this year it’s all kind of up in the air. I also don’t really feel like it’s “my team” until the start of next season when My roster has some of my recruits and I start from week 1. 

Agreed... Kinda circled @ZackTyzwyz just cuz we both came from MWC over to Big 12 at around the same time. 

3 hours ago, pumph said:

Your rival should be Liberty.

in real life, NMSU and Liberty play twice this season.  Besides that - the talent level for the two of you is similar (for now, anyway)

I'm aware of the home and home, but it think our programs are at different levels despite both being winless.

For me, it has been that "second tier" of MWC schools.   Fresno, Colorado State, Boise, and Hawaii.  I feel like the 5 of us are vying to join/overthrow Air Force and Nevada for conference supremacy, and any one (or more) of us are just another recruiting class away from doing it.  So these are the opponents that I seem to have a heightened sense of awareness to - checking their recruiting and box scores closely to see if I am keeping up with them or not.

I have to go with @TuscanSota

In 2019 we played the epic game in which WVU upset #7 Baylor

in 2020, no offense to the rest of the Big XII, but Baylor was the only team who put up a fight against WVU.  I think we pulled out a 1 point victory. 

Even this year our game was very close with Baylor coming out with the victory.  

All these games really were fun and I always looked to see where Baylor was on the schedule.