Trading East Coast for West Coast

Wide Receiver Greg Cobb has decided to take his services to Los Angeles after signing a 4 year, $59.75 deal with the Chargers.

Blowing into Town

The Windy City has gained a super star after former Cowboys running back Vaughan Abraham joins the Bears signing a 3 year, $42.5 million contract.

Shored Up

Bob Ballard, formerly of the Jets, will be improving the Texans defense after Houston wrangled him away from potential contracts with both the Jaguars and Giants.
    Chatbox -
    Soluna (4130) . Rome (3086) . grv413 (2690) . deandean1998 (2111) . Darman (1954) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    Jumbo

Re-Visiting the 2017 NFLHC Draft

I could be misremembering but I believe the Bengals (read: me) actually traded for Buzz the year before drafting Thomas and he did in fact start several games with horrifyingly disappointing results, though he did have one good game catching the ball. Then he got traded again and cut by someone else iirc. Anyways, just a small nitpick since I was on the bengals for buzz but not thomas.

Love the article though, rare we get something this in depth.

2 minutes ago, fever_ful said:

I could be remembering but I believe the Bengals (read: me) actually traded for Buzz the year before drafting Thomas and he did in fact start several games with horrifyingly disappointing results, though he did have one good game catching the ball. Then he got traded again and cut by someone else iirc. Anyways, just a small nitpick since I was on the bengals for buzz but not thomas.

Love the article though, rare we get something this in depth.

I thought he did too (had it written that way originally), but Ron Thomas was was drafted in 2018 and started all 16 games for the Bengals so that's not true. There aren't any recorded stats on the wiki of Buzz starting any games outside of Houston, but I know he was horrible in the preseason performances he did play later on.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I thought he did too (had it written that way originally), but Ron Thomas was was drafted in 2018 and started all 16 games for the Bengals so that's not true. There aren't any recorded stats on the wiki of Buzz starting any games outside of Houston, but I know he was horrible in the preseason performances he did play later on.

the stats on the wiki usually just reflect what team the player was on at the start of the year. might be why.

1 minute ago, alienufo said:

the stats on the wiki usually just reflect what team the player was on at the start of the year. might be why.

Yeah but RT started all 16 games in 2018, so I don't believe that Buzz would have gotten any opportunity to play in that year anyway

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I'm mostly sure Buzz was the RB when the Bengals threw it 70 times a game pre-RT after being traded from Houston midyear in 2017. Pretty sure he was then traded to the Packers and cut, and then Houston picked him up. I ocached him for one year and he me made one start, fumbled, and was never to see the field again.

The Texans, meanwhile, had a rough draft class. Despite 2 2nd round picks and 7 picks in the first four rounds total, not a single player still starts in NFLHC, let alone for the Texans. None of the players they drafted remain on the roster just 4 seasons later. The best pick was probably WR Gordon Kleinsasser, a guy who has declined from his rookie overall, or DT Nathan Knolwton who can't even nab a starting job on the Chargers.

Ouch