Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2719) . Darman (2550) . acewulf (2319) . neovenator250 (2269) . npklemm (1943) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

CFBHC v1.5c

CFBHC v1.5c

Differentiation of Conferences / Unique Experiences Update

Part 3: Out of Conference Recruiting Impact Rebalance

June 11th, 2018

Pre-Release v1.5.0.18

Notes: Thanks to all those who helped testing and recommended stuff as usual.

General Info / Idea

I ran some numbers on the impacts for last season and rebalanced everything as listed below.

CFBHC

* Rebalanced OOC recruiting point impacts.

• As before: For FCS opponents assume their value in this calculation is their FCS win total minus four. 
    • As before: Wins for all teams include bowls or FCS playoffs but only one win counts if mulitple occured. 
    • Average win of OOC opponents (in prior season) determines recruiting impact:
      • 0.00 - 2.50: -4 Weekly Points (from -3)
      • 2.51 - 6.50: -1 Weekly Points (from 0)
      • 6.51 - 9.50: +3 Weekly Points (from +2)
      • 9.51 - 12.00: +6 Weekly Points (from +5)
    • (NEW) Add +1 Weekly recruiting point for every in-state school scheduled, regardless of their average wins.
      • This is to encourage more realistic scheduling.

7 hours ago, Soluna said:

(NEW) Add +1 Weekly recruiting point for every in-state school scheduled, regardless of their average wins.

• This is to encourage more realistic scheduling.

ayyyyy

+3. I've always liked playing some of my instate rivals and hopefully they'll be more encouraged now to want to play me.

And thank you Duke and Texas State for saving my average

7 hours ago, Jamzz said:

Is this being implemented for this next upcoming recruiting cycle or this past seasons?

I don't think it would be fair to do it for last years since it was scheduled in pre-rule era. 

Also if this is on for next year I think we should re-open OOC scheduling as I would definitely schedule differently with this rule.

This rule would make a lot more sense if we were freer to schedule our OOC, with the current way scheduling works this just ends up being more restrictive if people want bonus recruiting points. It also really screws people over if they don't have an in-state rival, a la Hawaii/Wyoming/etc. CA/TX/FL people don't need even more advantages than we already have in recruiting.

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

This rule would make a lot more sense if we were freer to schedule our OOC, with the current way scheduling works this just ends up being more restrictive if people want bonus recruiting points. It also really screws people over if they don't have an in-state rival, a la Hawaii/Wyoming/etc. CA/TX/FL people don't need even more advantages than we already have in recruiting.

Plus this potentially kills regional/national rivalries if there's more incentive to schedule in-state teams.

9 hours ago, Jamzz said:

Is this being implemented for this next upcoming recruiting cycle or this past seasons?

Would like to ask this again.

I would hope this rule, if it is implemented, wouldn’t count until the 2023 recruits since I know many people planned their schedule around trying to reach the mark where they wouldn’t lose any points, and now after the seasons over they’re told they still lose points.

6 minutes ago, Jamzz said:

Would like to ask this again.

I would hope this rule, if it is implemented, wouldn’t count until the 2023 recruits since I know many people planned their schedule around trying to reach the mark where they wouldn’t lose any points, and now after the seasons over they’re told they still lose points.

The OOC impact applies immediately (for the 2022 schedule).

The scheduling in-state schools does not apply until the following year (2023 schedule).