Trading East Coast for West Coast

Wide Receiver Greg Cobb has decided to take his services to Los Angeles after signing a 4 year, $59.75 deal with the Chargers.

Blowing into Town

The Windy City has gained a super star after former Cowboys running back Vaughan Abraham joins the Bears signing a 3 year, $42.5 million contract.

Shored Up

Bob Ballard, formerly of the Jets, will be improving the Texans defense after Houston wrangled him away from potential contracts with both the Jaguars and Giants.
    Chatbox -
    Soluna (4130) . Rome (3086) . grv413 (2690) . deandean1998 (2111) . Darman (1954) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    Kirby

Utah Utes announce new Head Coach

Image result for utah utes press conference

We are delighted to be able to announce Kirby as the new head coach of the Utah Utes! We were extremely impressed by the foundations that Coach Kirby managed to lay at Bowling Green, in such a short period of time, and after extensive discussions between us, we decide that he is the right man for the job to guide Utah to new heights.

We are excited for what the future holds at this great club!

Media, open for questions.

Salt Lake City News - "Welcome to Salt Lake City, Coach! Quite the surprise! We have to ask... how comes you decided to jump ship from Bowling Green?"

COACH KIRBY - "Thank you. It's a pleasure to be here. I was expecting this to be one of my first questions to answer! Look, I had a great time in Bowling Green. The fans, the players, everyone over there is great. What we achieved this season is nothing short of spectacular and it will always bring back fond memories. The thing is, I have to look at this in plain truth. I just won a bowl there. I feel like I accomplished what I wanted to there. What attracted me to the Utes, aside from this wonderful city, is that there is no ceiling on how high we can go. There are no limits. Yes we are about to lose our star QB, and because of that i'm fully expecting this to be a process, but it's one i'm 100 percent committed too. When I first joined Bowling Green, I said to the board that this was never going to be my end game. I treated it as a stepping stone and that was my plan from the get go. We agreed a one season deal with plans to review at the end of the year. Of course they wanted me to stay, but they also understood my reasons for leaving."

Salt Lake City News - "So what's your first port of call now you are here?"

COACH KIRBY - "To find the nearest pub and crack open a cold one I think." 

*the media and coach laugh*

"But no, seriously. I've come in at the perfect time. The season is all but wrapped up now, and I can begin to put my philosophies into play during an extensive off season. Right now it's all about planning. Where are we going to be weakest? What are going to be our strengths? What is a realistic target for next season coming off such a successful season? This is where I, and the backroom staff, will be starting."

Utah Unplugged - "Coach, welcome to Utah! We know who the best High School players are likely to be next year, ready for recruiting. Is there anyone, or any positions, in particular that you are eyeing up?"

COACH KIRBY - "Thank you. There's obviously some holes in the team that are going to be left when the Seniors depart at the end of this year. My main focus is going to be recruiting the future talisman of this team. I won't say his name, but I think it's pretty obvious who we will be going after right from the off. I'm going to keep my cards quite close to my chest at the moment."

Utah Unplugged - "Have you got yourself a Crown Burger yet?"

COACH KIRBY - "If i'm honest i've literally been non stop busy since getting off the plane yesterday evening, so no, not yet! But I can assure you it's on my to do list!"

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

Welcome, Coach! 

Bingo415, PAC-12 Networks:

How does next season's Utah roster mesh with your coaching philosophy? What are your top priorities for the upcoming recruiting season? Have you tried Polygamy Porter from Wasatch Brewing? 

5 minutes ago, bingo415 said:

Welcome, Coach! 

Bingo415, PAC-12 Networks:

How does next season's Utah roster mesh with your coaching philosophy? What are your top priorities for the upcoming recruiting season? Have you tried Polygamy Porter from Wasatch Brewing? 

COACH KIRBY - "The roster looks solid. There's a few holes, but that's part and parcel of Football. Culver is obviously going to be a big loss so finding a long term replacement for him will no doubt be high up on my radar. Recruiting over these next few seasons is going to be key and I will be investing a lot of my time into picking the right players.

I'm very excited to work with Talley. He seems a no nonsense smash mouth Back so he should fit my scheme just nicely.

And in regards to the beer..."

*Coach smirks and laughs under his breath*

"I can safely say, there's not many drinks i've not tried at some point in my life. And Polygamy Porter by the way, is one of the better ones. My mother always said I was a fiend for chocolate, so give me a beer that tastes like cocoa and it's always going to be a recipe for madness."

sleuthofbears, Bryan-College Station Eagle:

Utah has historically had a large amount of coaching turnover, with only 1 (to my knowledge) coach lasting more than a full season at the school. Do you intend to stay at Utah for an extended period, and if so do you believe that the coaching stability you provide will be good for the program?

9 minutes ago, sleuthofbears said:

sleuthofbears, Bryan-College Station Eagle:

Utah has historically had a large amount of coaching turnover, with only 1 (to my knowledge) coach lasting more than a full season at the school. Do you intend to stay at Utah for an extended period, and if so do you believe that the coaching stability you provide will be good for the program?

COACH KIRBY - "My fiance is in love with Salt Lake City, and she's already decided which schools the little ones will be going too. As you and I both know, the women always wear the trousers, so on that basis i'd say i'm here for the FORESEEABLE future!"

*the crowd laughs while Coach takes a sip from his water glass*

COACH KIRBY - "I like to think of myself as a loyal guy. When I sat down with the board, we made a one year, a three year, and a five year plan. I intend to action all three. I told them that I wanted to try and build a consistently winning Football team, one that shows up and performs year after year. I want to grow the Utes, but also grow with them, and i'm aware these things take time. Bowling Green was admittedly a stepping stone for me, but I was always open about that... Utah is not."