McLean With It

Rice QB Eric McLean, taken by the Giants, becomes the 10th #1 overall pick, and is the first from a non-P5 school.

Rocket Men!

Toledo players were the final two picks of the draft, giving them Mr. Irrelevant (SS Isiah Poole) and allowing them to become the school with the most total players taken in the 2023 draft.

Trades. Trades Everywhere

10 of the top 12 picks in the draft were traded, the most notable of which involved the Colts moving up to #3 from #18 where they eventually took Georgia CB/FS Dominique Dawkins.

3rd Round Kicker? I Barely Know Her!

South Dakota State K Harrison Hacker (#69 to the Cardinals) and Cincinnati K TJ Bendbrook (#77 to the Houston Texans) both went in the 3rd round, extending the NFLHC trend of highly selected kickers.
Soluna

[CFBHC] How should my depth chart be formatted?

49 minutes ago, Rocketcan said:

So 4-3, for example will never use Jack or Bandit, just Sam, Mike and Will? Just trying to clarify.

Correct. Jack (aka Leo/Elephant) is a DE/OLB hybrid "rush the QB" player, while the bandit is listed as OLB/SS hybrid. Neither is used in the 4-3; Soluna explicitly stated that the 4-3 does not use the bandit here.  

For the linebacker position designations, should we still list the left and right side for the OLB?  For example, in a 3-4 if you were to list a Jack LB would you need to still list the LOLB and ROLB?  

And I assume if we list the Jack or any of the other linebacker designations, then it will be on the field as a starter?

5 minutes ago, acewulf said:

For the linebacker position designations, should we still list the left and right side for the OLB?  For example, in a 3-4 if you were to list a Jack LB would you need to still list the LOLB and ROLB?  

And I assume if we list the Jack or any of the other linebacker designations, then it will be on the field as a starter?

Soluna already answered that a few comments up. U still need the normal designations bc not every set you use will use a jack/mike/Sam/will

5 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Soluna already answered that a few comments up. U still need the normal designations bc not every set you use will use a jack/mike/Sam/will

You are correct.  Thanks for pointing me in the right place!

No problem! I had the same question 

On 7/21/2018 at 11:20 PM, Soluna said:

Receiving Tight End - Not available yet, but coming soon!

Blocking Tight End - Not available yet, but coming soon!

i know people are excited about some of the other stuff, but this right here is probably what i can't wait for.

So in a 4-3 you have a Sam, Mike, and Will linebacker with the Sam and Will being OLB and the Mike being the ILB.  In the 3-4 you have a Sam and Jack OLB and a Mike and Will ILB.  So if I designate a will for my 4-3 to be the weakside OLB when it goes into 4-4 will he be the Will ILB?

2 minutes ago, Soluna said:

Receiving Tight End added

Blocking Tight End added

Short Yardage Quarterback added (<1 yard to first down)

Short Yardage Running Back added (<1 yard to first down)

This fixes so many things about designing an offense. Awesome.

8 hours ago, Soluna said:

Utility added (all players not labeled as either a gunner, jammer, upback, punter, returner, or kicker in special teams situations will use from top to bottom in order if available)

Let's say I want a specific player on the edge of the punt rush. Is there a way for me to designate that player?

I love this little update, esp the ability to designate between blocking and receiving TEs.  

Question though, would you not have really different people on the field for field goals and field goal blocks?  There would be OL and DL on those teams I would think but you wouldn't want those guys anywhere near kick coverage/return or punt coverage/return.  

10 hours ago, Soluna said:

Gunner added

Jammer added

Upback added (punt protection players 1-3 yards behind los)

Utility added (all players not labeled as either a gunner, jammer, upback, punter, returner, or kicker in special teams situations will use from top to bottom in order if available)

I'm a little unfamiliar with these terms, could someone be able to describe what each role does / is designated to do?

10 hours ago, Soluna said:

Gunner added

Jammer added

Receiving Tight End added

Blocking Tight End added

ab8.gif

55 minutes ago, TuscanSota said:

I'm a little unfamiliar with these terms, could someone be able to describe what each role does / is designated to do?

Gunners are your guys who are running down the sideline trying to get straight to the kick/ punt returner fast off the line. Usually, a quick agile guy who can get off of blocks quickly and to the returner.

Jammers are the opposite, they try and block gunners for as long as possible.

Upback(s) (at my high school they call them personal protectors) are the guy(s) who are the last line of defense to pick up any defenders who get through the line or around the edge and to give the punter a little extra time to get the ball away.

Utility I'm a little grey on as well, but I assume it just means anyone that you want to play on special teams but isn't in one of the predetermined roles above.

Utility is just the guys that will take the spots not used by special designations. 

If it helps here is how madden slots guys into special teams: https://www.muthead.com/forums/madden/mut-discussion/1419876-special-teams-depth-chart

12 hours ago, Soluna said:

Gunner added

Jammer added

Can I have a player play multiple of these? Cordarrelle Patterson was an exceptional gunner AND returner in Minnesota, so I was wondering if we'd be able to emulate that here. Going along with that, can I have a returner listed as utility, so that my returner is on the kick coverage team, as well as the return team? I know it says in order if available  but I wasn't sure if that meant available due to injury, or available due to being listed elsewhere on specials. I guess what I mean to say is, how many utility players deep should I expect to play/should I be listing players already listed at Gunner/Jammer/Upback/Returner as Utility players for the other special teams situations?

Also, will location in the utility list matter for where a player goes on the field, or is there "logic" to it and it will slot players appropriately? If I want 4-5 guys who would be realistically playing on the line in a punt return/punting/KR "wedge", should I bother listing them like 3-7 on the utility list, or can I just put them randomly on the list?

2 hours ago, Osukid2811 said:

Gunners are your guys who are running down the sideline trying to get straight to the kick/ punt returner fast off the line. Usually, a quick agile guy who can get off of blocks quickly and to the returner.

Jammers are the opposite, they try and block gunners for as long as possible.

Upback(s) (at my high school they call them personal protectors) are the guy(s) who are the last line of defense to pick up any defenders who get through the line or around the edge and to give the punter a little extra time to get the ball away.

Utility I'm a little grey on as well, but I assume it just means anyone that you want to play on special teams but isn't in one of the predetermined roles above.

This is correct, I just used the terms that we used on special teams when I played kicker

23 minutes ago, llamas said:

Can I have a player play multiple of these? Cordarrelle Patterson was an exceptional gunner AND returner in Minnesota, so I was wondering if we'd be able to emulate that here. Going along with that, can I have a returner listed as utility, so that my returner is on the kick coverage team, as well as the return team? I know it says in order if available  but I wasn't sure if that meant available due to injury, or available due to being listed elsewhere on specials. I guess what I mean to say is, how many utility players deep should I expect to play/should I be listing players already listed at Gunner/Jammer/Upback/Returner as Utility players for the other special teams situations?

Also, will location in the utility list matter for where a player goes on the field, or is there "logic" to it and it will slot players appropriately? If I want 4-5 guys who would be realistically playing on the line in a punt return/punting/KR "wedge", should I bother listing them like 3-7 on the utility list, or can I just put them randomly on the list?

This is fine as well and how it's intended to be used

There's "logic" to how they're assigned you just need to list them

Are any of the new special teams designations required or are they all (including utility) alternative designations? For instance, if I just list 5 guys on utility will the sim select the other guys to go in situationally or would that be making a depth chart error? Because I would want linemen on fg teams but not other teams so I wouldn’t want to list them on utility and have them end up on kick coverage. 

30 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Are any of the new special teams designations required or are they all (including utility) alternative designations? For instance, if I just list 5 guys on utility will the sim select the other guys to go in situationally or would that be making a depth chart error? Because I would want linemen on fg teams but not other teams so I wouldn’t want to list them on utility and have them end up on kick coverage. 

It'll autopopulate if you do not use them or do not complete them.

How should we handle OL/DL for blocking purposes on ST?  I know they are needed, but I don't want them on my hands team or kickoff team.  How should we account for that?