Thursday Night Kickoff

Christian Skaggs and the Panthers travel to the desert to take on Nick Hall and the Raiders in the Season Opener.

Take A Bow

#1 Auburn cruises to a comfortable victory on the back of a powerhouse offense and a defense that left no room for TCU QB Felix Luck to breathe.
    Chatbox -
    neovenator250 (2030) . Rome (1962) . Darman (1295) . acewulf (1147) . npklemm (1084) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Kirby

What position would you play? (Or have/do play)

Just as an update I went to my first session with the (Bury) Saints today.

Was basically a combine for their new recruitment wave.

Ran the fastest 3 cone and 20 yard dash of the group. My 40 wasn’t as good as i expected (came fourth of 12) but I realised it’s all in the starting technique. We also did it first off and I was quite nervous lol.

They’ve invited me to join anyway, which I accepted. No idea on position yet. Will keep you all updated.

I told my friend who used to play football for our high school that I have always wanted to play and didn't have a sport for the fall season, so he told me he would come with me to talk to the coaching staff this week to try to come on as a punter/kicker/KOS. Hopefully it goes well, I've never really kicked anything competitively but I have an alright leg and we have some issues on special teams anyway.

I'm 5'9" and about 170 lbs. I played slot receiver, kick returner and a safety/olb hybrid type of position in high school. In Iowa there's a lot of division 3 schools that I could've went to for football or track, but decided to go to Iowa State instead (not for football obviously). I loved playing offense much more than defense. Seeing all these comments about playing for semi-pro teams has me interested in seeing if there's any around here.

3 hours ago, imerman said:

I'm 5'9" and about 170 lbs. I played slot receiver, kick returner and a safety/olb hybrid type of position in high school. In Iowa there's a lot of division 3 schools that I could've went to for football or track, but decided to go to Iowa State instead (not for football obviously). I loved playing offense much more than defense. Seeing all these comments about playing for semi-pro teams has me interested in seeing if there's any around here.

Not sure where you're based in Iowa (or if you're still in Iowa), but there was for sure a team in Davenport this past summer, as the team I played for in summer 2017 played against them this year. 

Theres also possibly teams in the southern Plains football league, but I dont know much about that league as the Minnesota- and Illinois-centric leagues appear to be bigger in Wisconsin (and more talked about on a national level, theres some good teams in the Twin Cities of Minnesota and in Chicago/Milwaukee). 

Had my second session Sunday (it's off season here so sessions are spaced out).

Did some work as a receiver... ran some good routes but couldn't catch much. The ball felt alien to me but it's a lot smaller than a rugby ball and without making excuses it definitely didn't help that I didn't have any gloves on.

Also did some coverage work as a linebacker. Felt much more comfortable playing defence, which I expected to be the case. Hoping to pick up where I left off next session.

Point guard. Lol 

At 5'9" 198, all legs, I'd say RB. I played one game at CB in 8th grade, which meant I hung out. Got burned for a TD the one ball thrown my way. Those pads felt gigantic. Coaches had no issue with me not finishing the season so I wasn't hurt for basketball. I actually broke my ankle before the season even started. But, the few times I played tackle in the neighborhood, running guys over was probably the most fun part. And the point guard thing didn't translate to QB, not being able to really grip a football. Lol