Jump to content

Thursday Night Kickoff

Christian Skaggs and the Panthers travel to the desert to take on Nick Hall and the Raiders in the Season Opener.

Take A Bow

#1 Auburn cruises to a comfortable victory on the back of a powerhouse offense and a defense that left no room for TCU QB Felix Luck to breathe.
    Chatbox -
    neovenator250 (2031) . Rome (2020) . Darman (1389) . acewulf (1178) . npklemm (1118) .

    You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

    CFBHC v1.5f

    Recommended Posts

    1 minute ago, Soluna said:

    I would love if inspiral could lock people out of recruiting who have filled 21 spots but I'm not sure if this is an entirely good idea.

    I would think he could do that.  Would you want that to be be visible to other teams (e.g. have a black border on a contending team's logo if they're at 21 recruits)?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Is this to prevent the hassle of having people cut whatever number over 21 at the end of the season? It also seems fair to prevent teams from cutting recruits other teams would have had a chance to get it if the limit existed.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Love this.  Would a team's recruiting be over when they hit 21 or would they be able to drop a recruit from this list (even if they already committed) opening up a spot for someone else?  Basically rescinding an offer and they would in turn be back in play for other schools.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    This is fantastic, and I think the idea of setting the cap 85 and having us be responsible for maintaining that would be best. For example, I inherited a tiny class so I'd love to be able to recruit more than 21 this season so I can make up for that and help with depth. But the limit will be great to keep those  3.0s that have been cut from top teams that smaller schools would love to have. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, joedchi said:

    Love this.  Would a team's recruiting be over when they hit 21 or would they be able to drop a recruit from this list (even if they already committed) opening up a spot for someone else?  Basically rescinding an offer and they would in turn be back in play for other schools.

    This is known as Harbaughing irl, otherwise called processing.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, ZackTyzwyz said:

    This is fantastic, and I think the idea of setting the cap 85 and having us be responsible for maintaining that would be best. For example, I inherited a tiny class so I'd love to be able to recruit more than 21 this season so I can make up for that and help with depth. But the limit will be great to keep those  3.0s that have been cut from top teams that smaller schools would love to have. 

    Irl the rule now is to have a cap of 25. You used to be able to backdate early enrollees, but now it's a hard cap of 25 per class, no matter how small the class you had before it was, so we should probably stay truer to that (even though it definitely hurts depth down the line).

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, grv413 said:

    Irl the rule now is to have a cap of 25. You used to be able to backdate early enrollees, but now it's a hard cap of 25 per class, no matter how small the class you had before it was, so we should probably stay truer to that (even though it definitely hurts depth down the line).

    Didn't know that actually. So yeah, ignore me

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, ZackTyzwyz said:

    Didn't know that actually. So yeah, ignore me

    That’s a pretty recent rule change (like within the last two years). Wouldn’t expect most people to know that. A lot of SEC coaches used this a lot but Butch Jones was known for it. He’d get 25-35 commits a class (taking a bunch of chances on players who wouldn’t become eligible). So UT-K would have great classes but if we all because of numbers and then most didn’t pan out anyways. Harbaugh used it the first year he was at Michigan because Hokes last class was so small. 

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Soluna said:

    I would love if inspiral could lock people out of recruiting who have filled 21 spots but I'm not sure if this is an entirely good idea.

    This can be done fairly easily. If you decide you want to do this then let me know.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×