Thursday Night Kickoff

Christian Skaggs and the Panthers travel to the desert to take on Nick Hall and the Raiders in the Season Opener.

Take A Bow

#1 Auburn cruises to a comfortable victory on the back of a powerhouse offense and a defense that left no room for TCU QB Felix Luck to breathe.
    Chatbox -
    neovenator250 (2018) . Rome (1934) . Darman (1246) . acewulf (1079) . npklemm (1024) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    NDIrish21

2022 Breakout Performers

NFLHC What non-rookie player is ready to have a breakout season?

NFLHC What rookie non first round pick is going to be a breakout performer?

CFBHC What player that might not have been considered a future first round pick will have the type of season that will see his stock rise with a breakout season?

There are three 2nd year WRs that I think have a chance to break out this year—the depth of the class in 2021 is too great to let JC Weldon be the only star: I think Tyron Chambers has a big year with Matt Jones throwing; I’m guessing that Geno Harris has a Sophomore Surprise year with Reggie Watkins back in the Patriots huddle; and (as much as it pains me to say) I’ll bet Malcolm Davis has a fabulous year catching balls from Ol’ Cap’n Clutch, Nick (Puke) Hall. Additionally, I think the biggest winner from (not in) the Falcons QB battle might by Tyrus Wilson. I think he steps up into a much bigger role next season, maybe even Pro Bowl level.

Just some hunches...

At the college level, i’m Very interested to see what QB Troy McMurray, a JUCO transfer at Stanford, can do in Stinsy’s offense. He won’t have a great line in front of him, but has some talent at RB and WR, and is gonna run it a lot. I’m guessing that if the Cardinal were a better overall, McMurray might get some Dylan Bishop hype.

For non-first rookie, I'm going to go with Daveed Knox from the Rams.  Given the starter's role in a prolific offense, I think he has the right surroundings to make a huge impact, and he's the right player to slot into that offense.  I look for him to have a big year.

The other guy I considered was Daniel Hobbs.  Not sure how KC will use him, or even IF they will use him, but he dropped farther than he should have, has the talent to succeed, and filled a perceived need for the Chiefs.  Just depends on what their offense will look like this year.