Thursday Night Kickoff

Christian Skaggs and the Panthers travel to the desert to take on Nick Hall and the Raiders in the Season Opener.

Take A Bow

#1 Auburn cruises to a comfortable victory on the back of a powerhouse offense and a defense that left no room for TCU QB Felix Luck to breathe.
    Chatbox -
    neovenator250 (2027) . Rome (1951) . Darman (1277) . acewulf (1108) . npklemm (1062) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    smckenz3

[2022] Miami Dolphins hire scout

Davie, FL - The Miami Dolphins are pleased to announce that @vtgorilla has been rehired as head of the scouting department.  When asked about the move Dolphins owner smckenz3 said "Once it was clear that @HAFFnHAFF only used his position for personal gain, I called vtvtgorilla right away and asked him to come back."  After the Dolphins suffered a close defeat in the AFC Championship game it was reported that vtvtgorilla was burnt out from the grind and disappointment of the season.  "Obviously when you get so close to the Super Bowl and so much work goes into it it's easy to feel like you need to take a step back, gorilla was always going to be a friend of the franchise in fact we hadn't even had a chance to move the stuff out of his office since @HAFFnHAFF was in a cubical down by the copy machine."  

The Dolphins are in the process of holding their rookie mini-camp and are set to begin training camp over the next few days.  They have their preseason opener this weekend at Arizona where they are looking to get their first look at the new additions to the team.  "We plan to really look at the second and third string players over the first two games of preseason to get a good view of where everyone fits in the roster.  For the third game we will integrate some starters so that we can really see how these guys would fit in a situation where they need to come in during the regular season."   There's a lot to like about this iteration of the Dolphins so the next few preseason games should give us a really good view into where the depth stands with this team.  With the influx of injuries in the league during the 2021 season it's vital to have guys who are ready to step up and contribute to winning football games. 

When asked why he didn't open up the scouting search smckenz3 had this to say "There are very few people in the game of football who can compare with the resume that vtvtgorilla brings to the table.  He's coached two different Heisman winning quarterbacks, taken two teams to the CFBHC playoffs, and was right on the edge of a national championship.  Just having a football mind like that in the building gives us a major advantage when it comes to scheme and player evaluation."  The Dolphins will travel to Glendale, Arizona to take on the Cardinals Sunday at 4 PM EST.  

-Ellie Lindgren, Vancouver Sun

Great hire, but are there plans for vtgorilla to eventually take a larger role in the organization?  Also, did you at least allow HAFFnHAFF to take his red swingline stapler with him?

8 minutes ago, Jieret said:

-Ellie Lindgren, Vancouver Sun

Great hire, but are there plans for vtgorilla to eventually take a larger role in the organization?  Also, did you at least allow HAFFnHAFF to take his red swingline stapler with him?

Thanks for the question Ellie.  We were perfectly fine with HAFFnHAFF taking his red swingline stapler with him, but he kept mumbling something about buying his own, using the Redskins' corporate card, etc.  Now as far as vtvtgorilla taking on a larger role, right now I think he's comfortable with the scouting position.  He's got a lot of exciting things in his personal life, so this position allows him to provide input, have opinions, help make decisions without the commitment that he's not in a position to make.  If he decides he wants to coach again, we can discuss that option at the conclusion of my current contract.  If he wants to go somewhere else and coach, that is also something I would support.  

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Jam Bro from the New York Jete-Times:

After vtvtgorilla leaves following this season, how much time do you plan to let elapse before re-hiring him?

Jam Bro - we're all about improvement here in Miami.  We'll always try to improve our KPIs, which includes shortening the amount of time it takes to rehire vtvtgorilla.  

I'm very excited to join the Dolphins organization and hope to make a significant impact, unlike @HAFFnHAFF. I have very big shoes to fill, but luckily I wear the exact same size shoes I used to. If I find I'm unsuccessful at the Dolphins, at least I know that by simply attaching the organization to my resume I'm instantly qualified to buy my own franchise. My first move as scout will be to demote our internal rankings of all players from Kansas and UVA.

I have no plans to pursue an advanced position with the Dolphins in the future, but am always open to discussions with @smckenz3 on how we can move the organization forward - especially if involves resigning to allow someone to use Miami as a stepping stone.