Éireannach Go Bragh

Notre Dame pulls off the first big upset of the season, defeating #14 Michigan by 10 points.

Luck of the Aggies

Former TCU QB Felix Luck is now a member of the UC Davis Aggies, thanks to the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

Place Your Bets!

The Betting Market is now open, place your bets for a selection of weekly games with some prop bets, such as Super Bowl odds.
Soluna

Which injury has affected a player most?

Which specific injury has had the greatest effect on a player?

Tony Peaks. Went from All Pro to retirement in two seasons due to an ACL

Emmett Spears was really starting to find a rhythm for me when he tore his ACL.  Never really looked very good since then.

Might not be the greatest effect, but Anthony Fasani went from possibly the best TE in the league to a middling TE fighting for a job following his injury

Kevin Richards.  He tore his ACL and retired on the spot. 

Booker T Washington went from really good to doing nothing after his injury a few years ago.

Bo Woodall is my answer.  
His rookie year, in his first 7 games, he caught 6 TDs. IIRC, this was tied for 2nd in the league. 

He injured his knee in week 8.  He did come back and play in the 2nd half of the season.  His final season TD total was 6 TDs.  

This is also his career high.

He started his career with such promise as a young WR2/Slot WR and had a bunch of chemistry building with AJJ, but that knee injury kind of derailed that.  Hopefully he can turn it around eventually, but I think his career is going to be a big what-if for me.  

2 hours ago, smckenz3 said:

Kevin Richards.  He tore his ACL and retired on the spot. 

Richards was a Pro Bowler and the workhorse back on a back-to-back NFC CCG team. I would argue this MAY have been the most costly career-ending injury in League history.

2016 Blake Shell :( Granted it was only a couple games in when he got hurt but he had found a rhythm and hasn't really been able to get back to it since. Not as great of a player as some of the others though

8 hours ago, bingo415 said:

Richards was a Pro Bowler and the workhorse back on a back-to-back NFC CCG team. I would argue this MAY have been the most costly career-ending injury in League history.

I would actually agree with you.  The Saints were playing really well that season prior to the injury, once Richards went down and they had Paul Gibbs at RB it kind of derailed the rest of the season.  I think they finished with 9 wins, but they were on pace to be much better than that.