Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2689) . Darman (2383) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2060) . npklemm (1863) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

What are the most interesting NFLHC pre-season storylines?

I want to see what Indianapolis does this year. Last year was a crazy anomaly (right...?) and I think they are better than what they showed.

But the REAL most interesting storyline is how injuries will work this season: it could be said that INJ was the most pronounced aspect of 2021...wonder if it will be the same in 2022...

4 hours ago, bingo415 said:

I want to see what Indianapolis does this year. Last year was a crazy anomaly (right...?) and I think they are better than what they showed.

But the REAL most interesting storyline is how injuries will work this season: it could be said that INJ was the most pronounced aspect of 2021...wonder if it will be the same in 2022...

We have a kicker competition! And we should in theory be better with Otero all year and Goodwin and Simon back from injuries yes

I am just excited to coach for a full season.  I was hired with just two games left last year.

But overall, there seem to be a lot of teams that had front office and coaching changes, and it will be fun to see how those teams take shape.

From the player standpoint, I am most interested to see the rookie running backs and how they perform.  I feel like there is a relatively high number of rookie backs that might start for their teams, so obviously they will have a big impact on the league.

2 hours ago, SlinkyJr said:

Also very interested in seeing how the young QBs perform. Especially KD for reasons :ph34r:

I’m really interested to see what he does for us in the preseason, especially given the pre draft free fall and then his rookie minicamp. 

Im also interested to see what my college guys do in the preseason. Ty Royal is on my team and had a really good minicamp so I’m looking forward to seeing his connection with KD. 

And Jeremy Green in Miami. He was a beast last year at OU but I never thought he would leave early. So I want to see how he makes the leap to the NFL. 

If I'm Skip Bayless, Matty Swift is my LeBron. I don't have a ton of faith in his success, but this year he has his best supporting cast yet. But the running game still sucks. Unproven QBs in 1 dimensional offenses seem scary.

Jacksonville moving on to TRod is interesting. I don't think people see TRod as a high ceiling guy but he can chauffeur a team to success. But is there anyway for Barkley to have a path to win the job back? Still on a rookie deal.

Will AJJ have the chance to build up his value like Brooksheer did last year, or does he lose out early to Culver and maybe is moved. An expiring deal could be appealing to a team who has an albatross backup. 

Will Devy, Shea, and Skaggs get over the hump? Watching that. Especially for Devy since I thought he was the best QB in his class (he should have been a Texan in a different world), but his two top draft mates have had far more NFL success. He'll never be a bust, but does he end up as like a Philip Rivers of his class?

And also the QBs in the NFC north generally seem to be aging, and ik my team needs to find out if Foster is a franchise guy or not pretty quickly

35 minutes ago, Darman said:

If I'm Skip Bayless, Matty Swift is my LeBron. I don't have a ton of faith in his success, but this year he has his best supporting cast yet. But the running game still sucks. Unproven QBs in 1 dimensional offenses seem scary.

Jacksonville moving on to TRod is interesting. I don't think people see TRod as a high ceiling guy but he can chauffeur a team to success. But is there anyway for Barkley to have a path to win the job back? Still on a rookie deal.

Will AJJ have the chance to build up his value like Brooksheer did last year, or does he lose out early to Culver and maybe is moved. An expiring deal could be appealing to a team who has an albatross backup. 

Will Devy, Shea, and Skaggs get over the hump? Watching that. Especially for Devy since I thought he was the best QB in his class (he should have been a Texan in a different world), but his two top draft mates have had far more NFL success. He'll never be a bust, but does he end up as like a Philip Rivers of his class?

And also the QBs in the NFC north generally seem to be aging, and ik my team needs to find out if Foster is a franchise guy or not pretty quickly

AJJ is on the tag and can't be traded.  Unless we do a sign and trade, but I doubt that will happen.  

A big offseason of changes.  Not supposed to talk about our own teams, but we had (perhaps) the most compelling offseason.  Added 8 new starters and 5 new backups/future starters to the roster, and with the moves we made, and didn't make, a lot of eyes will be on us this season, though I am not expecting miracles.  That's a lot of change for a young team to swallow and I expect to be much better at the end of the season than the beginning.

But around the league, it's the return of some injured stars that interest me.  Are they the same players they were before?  I'm looking directly at you, Mr. Sowell.  Pittsburgh is a compelling story.  Are they a 10-win playoff contender, or are they a 6-win team that will unravel?  How much of a wrecking ball will Khairi Bryant be?  Will he be absolute terror the way that Tyler Jones was immediately, or will his contributions be seen in his teammates' stats more than his own?  Will Matt Jones step in and have the same kind of rookie season that Tanner Bowman did, or will he struggle moreso due to a weaker supporting cast?  What will happen in Kansas City, where the team has had a lot of talent, but not used it to its fullest, then instead of changing coaching approaches, changed the major contributors on offense again?  Which teams are one major injury away from falling apart like the Jags did last year, or will be stricken down with a slew of injuries like the Colts last year or the Titans the year before, and how does that affect the rest of the playoff picture?  Is this the year that those Titans, who have been steadily building, make that leap in the AFC?

So many stories.  I could write all day, and not cover all of them.  I can't wait to watch them all unfold.  Are you ready for some football?

8 hours ago, npklemm said:

Going to be a little biased, but the AFCS. We have potentially 3 10 Win Teams and then Houston who should at least throw a ton. Every game matters in this division and seeing how it plays out will be fun. 

I feel like all 4 teams could make the playoffs and people wouldn't bat an eye. And only Houston winning the division would be surprising. Every team has a good to great QB, DE, and WR. Every team still has question marks (T-Rod in JAX, HOU/IND's run games, uh, Tenn's something), but every team feels like a contender every sunday.

3 minutes ago, Rome said:

I feel like all 4 teams could make the playoffs and people wouldn't bat an eye. And only Houston winning the division would be surprising. Every team has a good to great QB, DE, and WR. Every team still has question marks (T-Rod in JAX, HOU/IND's run games, uh, Tenn's something), but every team feels like a contender every sunday.

If all 4 teams made the playoffs, I do think people would react, because it's not actually possible.  ;)

No knock against your Texans, but I do think that you'd have the longest odds within the division.  But every single AFCS game can/should be a relative toss-up, so anything can happen.  There is not a single division game on the schedule that anyone can circle as a win just yet.

im kind of curious what happens with the NFCS. Three teams were all vying for playoff spots last season, and the last one really wasn't even all that out of it till near the end. Hoping that happens again this season..though a particular fanbase doesn't seem to think their team will do much...

I'm sure Khairi Bryant and Matt Jones will have all eyes on them from Day 1, there's also CB Kenyon Justice, a pair of RBs in Yeldon and Randall who are expected to make an impact from the very first game on.

T-Rod has basically been a meme since he chose to reject the Cards' offer and was let go subsequently so obviously most people - except the Cardinals themselves - would have a lot of fun seeing him succeed with the Jags.

There's a couple of exciting QB stories: Who will be the Lions' starter and if they immediately replace LeCount, will that elevate them? Will Joel King and/or Matty Swift finally break though, or will they finally be benched? Decision time for both!

One of the teams outside of the perennial candidates for a deep playoff run that I'm watching closely is Washington. They look like a prime candidate for me to surprise some people this year. So could the Seahawks, though.