Thursday Night Kickoff

Christian Skaggs and the Panthers travel to the desert to take on Nick Hall and the Raiders in the Season Opener.

Take A Bow

#1 Auburn cruises to a comfortable victory on the back of a powerhouse offense and a defense that left no room for TCU QB Felix Luck to breathe.
    Chatbox -
    neovenator250 (2030) . Rome (1962) . Darman (1295) . acewulf (1147) . npklemm (1084) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    stormstopper

[2022] Big XII Network Season Preview

Great piece @stormstopper as always.  I always love reading your media, it is truly top notch!  OU definitely has a lot on the shoulders of Eric Pope.  Over the last 4 games of 2021 Pope started to show some life completing 67.7% of his passes with a 3:1 TD:INT ratio.  With another year of experience and progression under his belt we are hoping that can be more of a playmaker in 2022.

33 minutes ago, stormstopper said:

Oklahoma: Maurice White, RB. Oklahoma's stud of a runningback made himself a household name with a 238-yard, 4-touchdown performance against Texas Tech during his freshman season. All he's done then is put together a career of steady rock-toting and breakaway speed that prepare him to be a feature back in the NFL. He'd fit on a team looking to build a run-oriented offense; he didn't perform nearly as well per-carry on limited touches as he did when he was the primary focus of the Sooner offense.

I do disagree about White's performance once we moved to a more balanced offense though.  In the run heavy offense White averaged 4.93 ypc and it jumped to 5.72 after the scheme change.  And yards per game dropped from 124 to 121 but his carries per game dropped from 25 per game to 21 per game and his efficiency went up.  And that was his first time in the offense.  We are hopeful that this season it will open up even more as he has had a full offseason to get used to the new scheme and Eric Pope can hopefully make defenses respect the passing game more.

Love the preview @stormstopper!  Great as always.

I think Texas Tech has the talent to outperform this prediction, but it all falls on the shoulders of my QB play.  If he is able to play at least generally decently, I think we have a great shot at a bowl game and an upset of better/higher ranked team.  I look forward to seeing how all of these guys fit into my system and how the new guys perform.  I think we have the talent and gameplan formula to control some games and hopefully overachieve!

Having Curtis Jones and Samir Sample on the Defensive Line is going to be super fun so even if we don't win games, we're hopefully going to be entertaining!

Hopefully we can help Solomon rise to the level of Heisman winner, but I think that is a bit difficult for him to win with the landscape of CFBHC.