Thursday Night Kickoff

Christian Skaggs and the Panthers travel to the desert to take on Nick Hall and the Raiders in the Season Opener.

Take A Bow

#1 Auburn cruises to a comfortable victory on the back of a powerhouse offense and a defense that left no room for TCU QB Felix Luck to breathe.
    Chatbox -
    neovenator250 (2023) . Rome (1944) . Darman (1247) . acewulf (1108) . npklemm (1049) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

Past CFBHC/NFLHC Decisions that you laugh about now

1 minute ago, Soluna said:

Have you made any decisions that you just utterly regret now? What are those and when did they happen?

Not utterly, but only one so far. Not anticipating you adding 3 5.0s to the G5 list. Even if they're out of state. Lol

Oh man for real though, the one that I regret and laugh about now other than Ball Hawkins is fucking the trade that got overturned that was pretty much the Patriots trading up from the fucking second round to the #1 pick.  I’ve made many decisions on here that I regret.  My first contract as GM of the Giants was to hilariously overpay a FB.  That was a blunder.  I’m pretty proud of a majority of the moves I made with the Saints and Giants, but the entire Patriots thing is pretty rough in retrospect.  I can’t really think of a move I did there that didn’t blow up in my face there.

Trading for overpaid and over the hill secondary pieces is the one I think of first. Jim sisemore and jacoby seaverns both in hindsight were fucking awful moves for the price even without the contracts, and they were way overpaid on top of it.

Outside of that, giving Joaquin Younger a 3 year 100% guaranteed contract of about 9 mil a year and then immediately moving him to wr after one poor season as our starter has gotta be up there as well.

39 minutes ago, DangerZoneh said:

Playing the pass against UCF in my first ever game in 2013. Trace Buchanan led UCF. Yeeeeeaaaaah...

Similar to this. My very first game I looked at my secondary, said "yeah they're pretty good," looked at my front seven, said "yeah, they're not great," and played the run on defense because I thought they could use the help.

Against Sean Sitton and Tyron Chambers-led Arkansas.  Yeah.

In retrospect I'm glad I only lost by 20-something (thank you based Gabriel Shields <3 u forever).  But it sure taught me to really pay attention to my opponent's roster.

8 hours ago, DangerZoneh said:

Playing the pass against UCF in my first ever game in 2013. Trace Buchanan led UCF. Yeeeeeaaaaah...

7 hours ago, Jieret said:

Similar to this. My very first game I looked at my secondary, said "yeah they're pretty good," looked at my front seven, said "yeah, they're not great," and played the run on defense because I thought they could use the help.

Against Sean Sitton and Tyron Chambers-led Arkansas.  Yeah.

In retrospect I'm glad I only lost by 20-something (thank you based Gabriel Shields <3 u forever).  But it sure taught me to really pay attention to my opponent's roster.

[2018] Week #6 - Saturday Morning

#12 Minnesota (2-1) at Kent State (0-3)

FINAL SCORE: Minnesota 49-0 Kent State

John Garland, KNT, 26 of 69 for 228 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT

The very first game I ever coached. Did some research upon being accepted to Kent State, saw that 2 weeks before, Garland posted this statline John Garland, KNT, 20 of 35 for 292 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT  against #9 Purdue. School record in passing yards, and not terrible overall, so I figured, hey, my team doesnt look very good, and Garland looks alright passing, let's run air raid.

John Garland was a scrambling QB.

2017:

Playing the pass against Chris Bell

Playing the run and playing using conservative settings against Charlie Walter

Not going after enough 4-4.5 croots

2018:

Deciding to play conservatively despite good safeties with the Texans

Benching Tommy Jones

Deciding to throw it 30 times a game at USF despite a 3.5/3.5 QB and 4.5/4.5 RB in Josh Taylor

Not recruting O Line hard enough, thinking I could win with a 3.5 O Line

Thinking NFLHC QB combines were the gospel and could tell you everything about a QB

2019:

Running spread offense with Vaughan Abraham and a historic O Line

Playing aggressively on defense with the 2019 Cowboys team

Throwing at linebackers against the Seahawks who had a great ILB whose name escapes me now

Not trying pro style offense with my CFBHC team

One could say taking the Cowboys HC altogether was a mistake but that's more on serwendel's part since he hired me (and even then my bad coaching allowed us to suck and get Burnett as there is no way we would have been able to afford TRod).

Throwing at corners against Kevin McQueen and UCF.

2020:

Taking Benjamin Franklin in the 2nd round.

2021:

Screwing up defensive gameplan for first half of CFBHC season

Not playing the run against Houston

Also:

Scheduling too many soft OOC games (and may have been why my offense didn't step up down the stretch in 2019-2022). I wanted to slowly work my way up as I got more comfortable with my team on a year by year basis without risking my W-L record as I didn't trust myself in tough games but it.

Jumping right into NFLHC coaching without being a scout