Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2715) . Darman (2467) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2196) . npklemm (1916) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

[2022] Recruiting Info

5 minutes ago, cultur3 said:

Yes same here. Pipeline, Team need, and in-state bonuses being triggered by scholarships are missing from what I can see. 

Im almost positive that none of that is triggered by scholarships. Only actual weekly points you spend get multipliers and trigger in state bonuses. 

3 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Im almost positive that none of that is triggered by scholarships. Only actual weekly points you spend get multipliers and trigger in state bonuses. 

The first two are missing entirely I believe. And there are people saying the scholarships did trigger before, so I don't know which is right. 

34 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Scholarships have triggered in-state bonuses in the past but it's definitely something we really need clarification on. 

1 hour ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

They most definitely triggered with just a scholarship in the past. Not sure if it changed. 

1 hour ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

This has never been true in any season before this. And even if they did, the points aren't causing the pipeline/host camp/or team needs bonuses.

I still haven't had time to look at it in depth and maybe this was already answered in the shoutbox, but to me it looks like putting a scholarship on a croot is what made the bonuses not calculate.

There's croots I got my (or some?) bonuses on, but definitely not on my top guys.

Hope that helps with solving this and I'll gladly provide more info via pm and take a detailed look on what happened on my board. I don't want to give away too much info publicly though, for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, vollmagnet said:

I still haven't had time to look at it in depth and maybe this was already answered in the shoutbox, but to me it looks like putting a scholarship on a croot is what made the bonuses not calculate.

There's croots I got my (or some?) bonuses on, but definitely not on my top guys.

Hope that helps with solving this and I'll gladly provide more info via pm and take a detailed look on what happened on my board. I don't want to give away too much info publicly though, for obvious reasons.

FWIW I haven't seen any host camp or team need bonuses process for me even without scholarships on those players.

EDIT: The only bonuses I have seen are the free point/point doubling ones on recruits in my state (Disclosure: I took Home State Fortress).  The free points did not trigger for scholarship-only players but did when I used a scholarship+weekly points.

26 minutes ago, Jieret said:

FWIW I haven't seen any host camp or team need bonuses process for me even without scholarships on those players.

EDIT: The only bonuses I have seen are the free point/point doubling ones on recruits in my state (Disclosure: I took Home State Fortress).  The free points did not trigger for scholarship-only players but did when I used a scholarship+weekly points.

No pipeline bonuses on those that I put weekly points on either. 

Thanks @inspiral !!

Hoping to get some clarification on the home state fortress and border bonuses as I think many of us are still unsure:

-- In State Recruit:

Putting just a scholarship in a week appears to trigger the 15-point in-state bonus, but not the home state fortress perk which makes sense.  If you then put >= 15 points in a subsequent week will you get an additional 18 points? (33 home state fortress points - the regular 15 in state amount) 

-- Border:

Putting just a scholarship on these border players do not trigger the 9 point bonus, is this correct? So you would have to put >= 10 in a subsequent to trigger the 9 point bonus. 

13 hours ago, inspiral said:

I reset everything and ran it again.

Thanks for all the work you put in, and sorry to add to the questions and complaints you're getting. But, everything seems to be fine, except for that the two guys I put actual points on should have 15 more according to the crooting guide. The weekly points + in state + first time bonus. All the other bonuses (pipeline, need, etc.) were applied, but I think the initial in state bonus was missed. Not sure what happened. If I am misunderstanding things, then my bad. But after asking the question several times, I got the same answer. Thanks again for any help.

I think some of my points may be off. I put a scholarship + 15 points onto a few players and they have 50 points instead of the 65 that I would expect. Also I don't think the +9 points for putting at least 10 points on a border state recruit, or the +20% points  from my pipeline state.

14 hours ago, Swipet said:

@inspiral

I have 2 recruits that still are not right. It seems like the instate doubling bonus is not taking effect on either one of them. 

Me too.

edit: Just now saw that we were asked to provide as much info as possible, so: I also have 2 guys I should have 65+ points on (in-state, put 15 plus a scholarship on them week 1). To me it looks like everything else calculated, including the percent bonuses, but they are missing either the point doubling or the in-state bonuses.

Also, putting only a scholarship on a player didn't trigger any bonuses anymore. I know it's not supposed to take effect on anything that's % but last year it DEFINITELY triggered the in-state or neighboring state "free points". If this was intended to not work this way this season I feel like this should have been communicated. IMO this is not the same situation for all players (even then, a memo before the fact would have been nice) since someone with more points per week can get these points way easier now than someone who has to rely on schollys more.

If it's the plan to keep it that way, any official post on this would be helpful. I definitely try to keep up with everything on the forum even in stressful weeks but I can't re-read the whole week of shoutbox every weekend to know what's happening.

Thanks to @mahrowkeen for putting the status update up about this, in related matters.

@inspiral

I finally had a moment to look at this and I think I'm having an issue as well.

I have 3 recruits showing a total of 50.6 when that number should be 62.6. From what I can tell by my math, it appears I did not get the doubling of points for the initial points placed on these recruits.

12 points

12 points - doubling for initial points placed

15 points - in state bonus

20 points - scholarship

1.2 points - position of need

2.4 points -  in state pipeline

= 62.6 total points