6 5.0 Croots 4 Florida

In the first round of recruiting commitments, Florida jumps out to the #1 class in the nation, signing six 5.0 potential players.

King Solomon

TTU RB McLaughlin puts up 170 yards and 3 TD as his team knocks off #5 Oklahoma State 38-31.

NFLHC Games Can Tie?

Giants WR Tevin Lattimore, who put up 5 receptions for 99 yards in a TD in the 21-21 tie against the Falcons, reportedly did not know such a thing was possible.

Colts QB Shea-ves the Day

After the Jaguars' 4th quarter comeback on SNF, Aaron Shea put together a masterful final drive in OT to get the Colts the 44-41 win.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2752) . Darman (2655) . acewulf (2397) . neovenator250 (2269) . npklemm (1969) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    bingo415

[2022] Week 1 Power Rankings 1-12 -- OVERREACTIONS GALORE!

maxresdefault.jpg

Allan Taylor looks for a free receiver on Monday night in Green Bay

We saw some very interesting results in Week 1, and there is some necessary re-balancing of the power rankings after said results. In today's NFLHC, a good loss MAY be worth more than a luster-less win. In the beginning of the season, WHO you play is just as important as HOW you play. 

Remember, if you don't like where you are in these rankings...play better!

Power Rankings – Following Week 1 – OVERREACTIONS GALORE!

1. Las Vegas Raiders :raiders: (--)

Whew lad that Nick Hall is one clutch M.F. Cade has basically been rocking in the fetal position since the Kickoff game on Thursday night, muttering “Nick Freaking Hall” over and over again. Raiders pull that game out of their posteriors, certainly, but some knicks in the armor have appeared. The OLine is gonna get Hall killed at some point, and the running game needs to be much better.

2. Philadelphia Eagles :eagles: (--)

Kudos to HAFF N’ HAFF on his fantastic NFC (B)East write-up earlier in the week. In that, I commented that the separating factor for the Eagles, compared to the rest of the division (and I might add: the Conference) is the balance they show on offense. When Allan Taylor gets it going through the air, and law firm of Miller, White, and Taylor also is rocking on the ground, they are just tough to beat. Adding in defensive playmakers at all three levels, and you’re looking at my pick for the Super Bowl title.

3. Miami Dolphins :dolphins: (--)

Coach Smackems said it best himself: “May have won the battle, but these injuries have me feeling like I lost the war, in week 1…” True, the Dolphins do feel as though they have lost a bit of their advantage with injuries and Greg Cobb’s departure, but I still that defense is special (Kenyon Randall, take a seat, young man!) and of course the offense will continue to be stellar. Injuries play every year, and hopefully this is the worst of it for the ‘Phins.

4. Tennessee Titans :titans: (+1)

351 and 4 TDs (with a pick) is a very nice way to shake off the rust of preseason. Thomas Wheeler is your daddy’s daddy. Sure would have liked to see the DLine get a bit more pressure, but nice to have the new guy at nickelback (Hernandez) get a pick. The secondary should erase any worries the Charles Woods trade might have brought on. Oh, and so should Wheeler.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars :jaguars: (+1)

Asante Sowell, so nice to have you back! While he didn’t run for crazy yards, he was crazy efficient (13 for 76 and a touch), and provided Trod just enough cover on the ground to have a pretty nice day in the air. I still think Shamar Ware is the luckiest sumbitch there ever was for jumping into this DLine. Jags/Titans is gonna be fun all season. Texans and Colts ain’t bad either….

6. Green Bay Packers :packers: (-2)

I’m not dropping the Packers too far, even though they were at home. I just think Philly is that good. Inspiral and the Philly FO are right: this is a really great sim-only rivalry that has developed. All games have been close, and it’s been quite even over the last few years. Need to see more from the Pack on the ground, and it seemed like they just didn’t have quite enough in coverage for all the speed and shiftiness of the Eagle offense.

7. Pittsburgh Steelers :steelers: (+1)

Report from Week 1 of the Norris Brooksheer Chip On the Shoulder Tour: Norris is Angry, and having fun. That should make the rest of the AFC North really worried. The straight masterpiece against the Cardinals (barely a real NFL team right now) was impressive, certainly, but what’s downright scary is that, even just reading the box score, it seemed like the Steelers kept it in 3rd gear.

8. Detroit Lions :fibur: (+2)

A bump up, with a loss?! Soluna was right in his comment on the game thread: this was a good loss if there ever was one. In Miami, Detroit gave the Dolphins all they could handle. Now, I still wonder about which QB is really the best answer in Motown, but let’s assume for now Slinky/Jacobs are taking the prudent path—the Lions have to be happy about where they are.

9. New Orleans Saints :saints: (+4)

Hot damn, Saints! A beat down of the Chargers was to be expected, but I wasn’t entirely sure we would see an annihilation of this magnitude. Devereaux was unreal, and the D was dynamic, fast, and rough. Saints have to feel really nice at top of the division right now. We’ll see how long they stay there…this division is literally the game RISK.

10. Carolina Panthers :panthers: (+1)

Hard to drop the Panthers too far after that kind of loss on road…so I’ll actually give them a tiny bump. Nick Hall just did Nick Hall things. It’s really not the Panthers’ fault. BUT, they’ve got quite a rough schedule ahead, and the NFC South looks Dirtier (wink wink) than it did before Week 1. I want to see the pass D step up just a little for Carolina. That’ll do the trick.

11. Denver Broncos :broncos: (+2)

Ay! Gotta like the efficiency on offense, the balance, the drive in the run game. Gotta LOVE Artemio Ramirez, Lynn Perry, and the D as a whole stepping up big-time in this game. Can’t wait for Charles Johnson to get healthy. Learned a lot about our team in Week 1, and can’t wait to get out there for another game this Sunday!

12. New York Jets :jets: (--)

The Jets get the benefit of the doubt after a 10pt loss on the road in Nashville. NYJ got torched through the air DESPITE amassing 4 sacks of Thomas Wheeler. Other bad news: TE Matt Stone, yikes on the injury front. Otherwise, the OLine played pretty well, Wegert was fine, and the Titans are damn good. I think this is fine for the Jets for now.

Other rankings hints--

UP: :bills::bengals::cowboys:

DOWN: :rams::colts::buccaneers::chiefs:

Stay tuned for Part 2, #13-32, coming out tomorrow...

Needs hotter takes. 4/10, would use as hot sauce for children.

I would actually like to know how you set your board every week. Do you start with the previous board and move teams as you feel like it, or do you redo it every week to provide more recency bias?

9 minutes ago, Rome said:

Needs hotter takes. 4/10, would use as hot sauce for children.

I would actually like to know how you set your board every week. Do you start with the previous board and move teams as you feel like it, or do you redo it every week to provide more recency bias?

I start with the previous week’s rankings , then go from there. After week 3/4, I feel a team has to have had a pretty dynamic performance shift one way or the other to warrant movement of more than 4 spots.