Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2689) . Darman (2383) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2060) . npklemm (1863) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    bingo415

[2022] Week 1 Power Rankings, #13-32

af101e5b3a72d4f96b7676fa7a31266e

Sam Hiller-Weeden finds space in amongst a host of Vikings defenders

Quite a bit more volatility with this part of the power rankings this week. I may have over-compensated for some teams. But, hey, that's what happens in the early season. Still, I think mostly of these clubs will hang out in this part of the Rankings most of the season. I think a few could surprise, but so much more has to go right for these 20 clubs. Enjoy. Reminder: part 1 (#1-12) are in this forum as well, if you want a read on the better 12 teams in the League (according to this guy)...

Remember, if you don't like where you are in these rankings...play better!

13. Dallas Cowboys (+7) :cowboys:

14. Washington Football Club (+4) :goat:

The mid-tier in the NFC East both survived low scoring road contests against NFC North teams. Washington certainly looks improved up front, with a League-best 8.74 OLine rating in Week 1, which gave Bowman just enough time to shred the Vikings for a touchdown pass. Dallas got a decently efficient performance from Graham Burnett to edge the new-look Bears. Both defenses for the Cowboys and Skins played well and it will only be a matter of time before the offenses start to click a bit better. Needed for both squads: an improved run game. Ricardo Reed is doing his best in Washington, but who knows what to say for the pitiful effort running the ball by Dallas. Vaughan Abraham, where for art thee?

15. Buffalo Bills (+12) :bills:

16. Cincinnati Bengals (+13) :bengals:

17. Cleveland Browns (+6) :browns:

These three were the big surprise winners in Week 1. The Bills rode a solid debut from Matt Jones and immense QB pressure from the Cold Front DLine (yes, that’s a nickname that I just came up with—feel free to use it) to knockout Aaron Shea and the Colts. The Bengals put the wood to the undermanned Seahawks as Joel King finally looked like a franchise QB. And the Browns got the ground game going against the Rams to flip them for a loss at home. I’m not sure where any of these teams are going, but to play well in Week 1 was a sign that we could see a Buccaneers-like shock season out of one, maybe all three of these perpetually mediocre sides.

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-10) :buccaneers:

19. Los Angeles Rams (-14) :rams:

The Rams and Bucs both underachieved in Week 1 (the Rams considerably more so). Pretty disappointing for a Rams team with so many expectations placed on this season to lose right out of the gate, especially to a Browns team that didn’t make the playoffs last year and certainly didn’t have many outside Cleveland thinking it would go anywhere this season. Rams have some work to do in getting the small slice of youth they do have up to speed, and rekindling some magic in older arms and legs. The Bucs, meanwhile, had to travel to Denver and were working with a small bit of a chemistry hit with the addition of Cotton Lewis. I think he will ultimately be a nice addition, but understandably that connection with Heiden will take time. More concerning, however, is that the Bucs didn’t best the Broncos in ANY statistical category on the box score. None. The rest of the NFC expected a bit more from last season’s surprise darlings.

20. Atlanta Falcons (+5) :falcons:

21. Baltimore Ravens (--) :ravens:

22. Houston Texans (-3) :texans:

Falcons sit atop this mini-group of teams that did what they needed to do in Week 1 only because their win over KC was a bit more of a toss-up. Ravens knocked the Niners into the ground, looking like a complete team in the process. The Texans beat up on the Giants, as they were supposed to, and got a damn good game out of Leshoure. AJJ decided that he’d heard enough about Mr. Culver in the off-season and came out with serious, man-sized chip on the shoulder en route to a stellar season debut. The Falcons are so hard to pick—they have an up-and-down QB (who may currently stay up for the whole season) and a very dynamic defense, but it just feels like you can never tell with them.

23. Indianapolis Colts (-8) :colts:

24. Kansas City Chiefs (-10) :chiefs:

25. Chicago Bears (-8) :bears:

26. Minnesota Vikings (--) :vikings:

27. New England Patriots (-5) :patriots:

The Colts are perhaps a bit of an outlier here, with the injury to Shea dampening this particular loss AND the following week or two. But the rest of these teams either failed to meet some modest expectations or performed about as we thought they might in Week 1. Of this group, however, I think the Chiefs and Bears might have the most to say about this season when it’s all said and done. I like Mo Foster and I’m starting to like Ryan Harris a bit more than I planned to. Neither outfit has a defense to match the intrigue on offense, but it should make for exciting football. EDIT: Minnesota beat New England in the Thursday night game, in OT. These teams will stay around the mid- to low-20s all season. You heard it hear first.

28. Seattle Seahawks (-4) :seahawks:

29. San Francisco 49ers (-1) :49ers:

30. Los Angeles Chargers (--) :chargers:

31. Arizona Cardinals (--) :cardinals:

32. New York Giants (--) :giants:

These teams are going to struggle to find wins this season, other than the morale kind. The Giants looked toothless at home against the Texans (are we sure Lawyer is the answer…even this season?); the Cardinals and Chargers walked into buzzsaw teams that are on the rise and looking to prove a point (Arizona and L.A. should consolidate QB and RB talent for an actual offense—Yeldon and Swift would be a formidable backfield); and the western edge NFCW duo really are a year away from any sort of contention (albeit for completely different reasons) and looked completely over-matched in dealing with the Ravens and Bengals. Imagine that: the once-fearsome NFC West is getting shellacked by the once-moribund AFC North. My how the times have changed.

5 minutes ago, bingo415 said:

a small bit of a chemistry hit with the addition of Cotton Lewis. I think he will ultimately be a nice addition, but understandably that connection with Heiden will take time.

i hope so as well. he doesn't need to be an all star, just someone to help give heiden options. im not expecting too much this week either, but i think we should start seeing improvements from him here soon