Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2715) . Darman (2467) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2196) . npklemm (1916) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    Soluna

Ole Miss Punishment

It has been pointed out to me that Ole Miss used a QB that was no longer on the team during their Week #1 game versus Louisiana Tech.

Ole Miss will forfeit the game against Louisiana Tech (it will count as a loss for Ole Miss and a win for Louisiana Tech) and will be assessed a -3 recruiting point penalty for the next season.

@HughFreeze$$

I'm a bit confused. He wasn't on the team since last year and yet you're using his correct recent player line even though he's not on your team page? Did you realize he's not on your team and still want to play him so you looked him up after seeing he wasn't on your team?

I believe there to be an explanation for this odd situation, because it seems rather unlikely that someone would go out of their way to take a player line from another team because they didn't want them to be gone.

HughFreeze$$$ posted his depth chart on July 19th, 2018 with the player in question as the starting quarterback. On August 4th, 2018, Soluna posted this article regarding QB battles in the SEC, which included the Ole Miss quarterback situation (with the player in question included): 

This implies that Higgins was still listed on the roster two weeks after the depth chart was posted, which would explain why Higgins was on the depth chart with the proper progression line.

It is later pointed out by former South Alabama coach neovenator250 that the player in question had transferred to South Alabama, and Soluna acknowledges this and corrects it on the team page. HughFreeze$$$ doesn't catch this (he does state that he was aware said article was existed, but that he did not follow the following comments), and Higgins is left on the depth chart for the opening game against Louisiana Tech.

This is a change that should have been noticed by the coach, and the forfeit of the result against Louisiana Tech should still stand, but we can clarify that this was not an intentional act of cheating and that Higgins' inclusion on the Ole Miss depth chart was an honest mistake due to Higgins being on the progressed roster at the time the depth chart was created. 

The team page was updated the first week of August so Ole Miss had over two months to correct a mistake that shouldn't have been made to begin with as he transferred last year. The punishment stands as a forfeit loss but I will remove the recruiting point punishment.