Pope, Eric, the Second

#7 Oklahoma QB Eric Pope reclaimed his starting job, and proceeded to go 25/36 for 343 yards and 4 TD as Oklahoma routed Texas 52-13.

Devy Flexes His Guns in Miami

The Saints pull the upset over Miami. Saints QB Aaron Devereaux threw for 3 TD as the New Orleans defense held Miami to 5 rushing yards in the 31-27 victory.

Meep Meep

UTSA snaps #11 Rice's 26-game winning streak in CUSA games with a decisive 31-20 road victory. QB Justin Radford threw for 208 yards and had 3 total TDs.

Foster: Chicagoan for QB

Bears QB Mohammed Foster has come into his own as the team has jumped to a 6-3 start. Foster put up 102 on the ground, including a 45-yard TD, in a 20-10 victory over LA.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Soluna

Penn State Nittany Lions Thread

1 hour ago, Nittany Boiler said:

Please add me as an Alum!

Sure. Welcome to the Site. We Are!

@grv413 How are you feeling about the season so far?

2 hours ago, Soluna said:

@grv413 How are you feeling about the season so far?

It’s about what I’ve expected so far. Definitely thought we were gonna beat Pitt worse than we did, but they shockingly look like a decent team somehow. The Maryland game was only a surprise because they looked lifeless. 

Special teams wise nothing to complain about. Jordan Stout is worth the scholarship. Lorig looks to be a good hire so far. 

Defensively we’ve played really really well. The DTs are surprising. Thought they’d be a point of weakness, but they’ve been strong so far. Safeties need to pick it up or Fields is going to destroy us. 

Offensively, we have to work on some things. Clifford has been shaky so far, but he’s in his first year starting, so I’m not really worried yet. They have to do something about the running back rotation, 4 throughout the year isn’t going to work I don’t think. OLine is better than expected. 

Overall I still think we’re in the 9-10 win range, but if we can get through MSU, 10-11 is still on the table. I don’t think there’s a world in which we can beat OSU right now (they still haven’t really been challenged yet though) but I think we have the horses to beat anyone else in the B1G. We’re just a really young team, so we’ll drop one or two we’re not supposed to. 

How do you guys think we'll do Saturday? I'm afraid of some Kinnick voodoo, but Franklin has a pretty good record against Iowa (3-0). I think our defense should completely shut Iowa down, I'm just afraid our young offense can't do anything against a solid Iowa defense. I think this will be a 3 point game in whoever's direction that wins the turnover battle

How do you guys feel about how Franklin handled this alumni's letter to Jonathan Sutherland?  As an outsider I thought Franklin's statement was great and the perfect way to respond to the issue.  

On 7/1/2019 at 6:02 PM, Soluna said:

10-12-19 | @ Iowa | W

Looking forward to watching Saturday night.  Just hope your prediction is wrong :) 

On 10/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, wrigleyfan said:

Looking forward to watching Saturday night.  Just hope your prediction is wrong :) 

Well then, that was a Big Ten game alright

8 minutes ago, Soluna said:

Well then, that was a Big Ten game alright

Big boy football.  Penn State control both lines if scrimmage in the second half - that made the difference. Good luck against the fighting Harbaughs

@grv413 How are you feeling about Minnesota?

I fear Goldie.

1 hour ago, Soluna said:

@grv413 How are you feeling about Minnesota?

I fear Goldie.

So, I'm surprisingly optimistic about this game. I think Franklin got the Michigan State monkey off the teams back and now they're hungry and have a focus. I'm slightly afraid they're looking ahead to the OSU game in a couple weeks, but I think this team has bought into Franklin's message and should be ready to play.

Minnesota is a good team. They have some studs on offense and a pretty stout defense. Fleck is a pretty good coach and their team has definitely bought into the row the boat mantra. Their fans should be up for it as well. That being said, Minneapolis at 11 am is nowhere near as threatening as Kinnick at night. We're the best team they've seen all season and it's not even close. And we can out athlete them in every facet of the game. I think it'll be close, it's still an away game and we still have a young QB, but I think we can pull out the win

On 11/7/2019 at 10:09 AM, grv413 said:

So, I'm surprisingly optimistic about this game. I think Franklin got the Michigan State monkey off the teams back and now they're hungry and have a focus. I'm slightly afraid they're looking ahead to the OSU game in a couple weeks, but I think this team has bought into Franklin's message and should be ready to play.

Minnesota is a good team. They have some studs on offense and a pretty stout defense. Fleck is a pretty good coach and their team has definitely bought into the row the boat mantra. Their fans should be up for it as well. That being said, Minneapolis at 11 am is nowhere near as threatening as Kinnick at night. We're the best team they've seen all season and it's not even close. And we can out athlete them in every facet of the game. I think it'll be close, it's still an away game and we still have a young QB, but I think we can pull out the win

You was saying?

On 11/9/2019 at 2:52 PM, Soluna said:

You was saying?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'll be okay, we're still a young team and I really didn't expect to be 8-1 at this point. We also still control our own destiny in the East, which is good (although I don't think we beat OSU). We just can't MSU this IU game next weekend.

@grv413 @Soluna

I just heard that Justin Shorter was entering the portal. How do you both feel about that? I know he hasn't played much, but he was highly recruited.

3 hours ago, Ahven D'Gale said:

@grv413 @Soluna

I just heard that Justin Shorter was entering the portal. How do you both feel about that? I know he hasn't played much, but he was highly recruited.

Really hope he comes back. He has underperformed like crazy and needs to build up his confidence, but he has a ton of potential. Not really sure where he's going to go, anywhere he goes he'll have to sit a year, and I don't see that being an advantage for him.

He has the chance to play at PSU but he needs to perform.  Odd timing after a decent game at OSU and a starting role and more opportunity next season.   I have long questioned the actual routes that Penn State runs.  Safe throws, rarely over the middle in stride, streaks are always sidelines and fades to a big receiver (not TE) in the end zone could all help.   The portal is not the answer when given a chance to play and not performing at a high level. 

5 hours ago, Ahven D'Gale said:

@grv413 @Soluna

Just saw he’s more than likely not coming back. Apparently has been talking to LSU already. 

2 hours ago, grv413 said:

Just saw he’s more than likely not coming back. Apparently has been talking to LSU already. 

LSU seems like an odd choice since this is the first time in history they've had a passing offense

Shorter is off the active roster already.  Reported to not be playing this weekend.