6 5.0 Croots 4 Florida

In the first round of recruiting commitments, Florida jumps out to the #1 class in the nation, signing six 5.0 potential players.

King Solomon

TTU RB McLaughlin puts up 170 yards and 3 TD as his team knocks off #5 Oklahoma State 38-31.

NFLHC Games Can Tie?

Giants WR Tevin Lattimore, who put up 5 receptions for 99 yards in a TD in the 21-21 tie against the Falcons, reportedly did not know such a thing was possible.

Colts QB Shea-ves the Day

After the Jaguars' 4th quarter comeback on SNF, Aaron Shea put together a masterful final drive in OT to get the Colts the 44-41 win.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2752) . Darman (2655) . acewulf (2397) . neovenator250 (2269) . npklemm (1969) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    NFL

[2022] Week 3 Discussion - Thursday Night Football

Matchup Preview | November 1, 2018
    LAR.png @ NOR.png
    Los Angeles Rams
    (0-2)
      New Orleans Saints
    (2-0)
    Offensive Stats Comparison
    556 Total Offensive Yards 988
    467 Passing Yards 835
    89 Rushing Yards 153
    18 Points Per Game 43.5
    Defensive Stats Comparison
    801 Total Yards Allowed 412
    512 Passing Yards Allowed 346
    289 Rushing Yards Allowed 66
    3 Sacks 6
    2 Interceptions 3
    23.5 Points Per Game 12
    Injury Report
    Jaheim Lemons
    Concussion (Out)
      Justin Williams
    Patellar (Questionable)
    Derrick Schwartz
    Foot (Out)
      Travis Clatterbuck
    Toe (Probable)
    Eugene Giles
    Hamstring (Probable)
      Bruce Riley
    Calf (Probable)
    Jeff Cox
    Quad (Questonable)
      Virgil Madison
    Shoulder (Out)

This game is far more important for NO than it is for LAR.

LAR's division is possibly the worst in the league, they could go 7-9 and win that division as it stands.

Meanwhile, NO's division is possibly the toughest to win with all 4 teams looking at least competitive. Their margin for error is so much smaller than LAR's, that they have to win this game. NO has put up so many yards and points, but against bad competition.

Rams are 0-2 with losses at Cleveland and then at home against the Packers

Passing Yards By Game:  232 - 235

Rushing Yards By Game: 49 - 40

The running game needs to get going, however New Orleans has been fantastic against the run allowing 66 total rush yards. To me that's the key, LAR needs to keep Devy/Jenkins/Miller off the field. Knox has to get 80+ yards on the ground to give the Rams the best chance to win.

The key for NO in my opinion is to not hurt themselves. Don't kill drives with penalties and avoid turnovers. If that offense keeps firing on all cylinders, the Rams don't stand a chance in this one.

7 minutes ago, Soluna said:

Man I can't believe the Rams could be starting 0-3 and STILL be in the division lead

I can't believe that this exact scenario is more likely than not to happen next week.

We couldn't catch up to the Rams so apparently the rest of the division got together and pulled them down in to the muck with us or something.

#CrabMentality4LYFE

1 minute ago, npklemm said:

The running game needs to get going, however New Orleans has been fantastic against the run allowing 66 total rush yards.

As a counter point, we've gone up against Brannon Austin and Marcus Williams, who aren't exactly world beaters. Can't say we've really been tested so far, although the defensive line's resurgence with Woods in the mix has been a breath of fresh air in this defense.

1 minute ago, ImposterCauster said:

As a counter point, we've gone up against Brannon Austin and Marcus Williams, who aren't exactly world beaters. Can't say we've really been tested so far, although the defensive line's resurgence with Woods in the mix has been a breath of fresh air in this defense.

Knox is a 79 Rookie who's struggled so far. He is key for LAR, but I'd say you're still in position to keep him contained. 

My heart says this is a walk over for the Saints at home, coming off two total blowout wins. My head says that maybe this is the game that the Rams get a few folks back healthy and start to play like the Rams we know. 

I’m going with the heart: Rams 14-28 Saints

I think the Saints continue to roll here.  Rams should put up a fight though, and wouldn't be surprised if Murphy pulls a rabbit out of his ass and gets the Rams their first win.

This is the sixth time these two teams have met, but only the second in the 24-team era (let alone the 32-team era). They last met in 2019, a 42-17 Rams win; the Rams are 4-1 overall in the series. 

These two teams have played almost opposite schedules so far. The Rams lost close to a pair of teams that could both make the playoffs, and the Saints destroyed a pair of teams that might both pick in the top ten. (The fact that they've cruised to victory is meaningfully different from merely winning both games.) The Rams have one of my favorite defenses and the Saints have one of my favorite offenses, so this ought to be a fun one.